Getting Started on Gifts for 2013

judianne

I have technically, actually, officially; started crocheting along for this CAL.  I do have an excuse... We moved from Nevada, to Tennessee; two weeks ago today. So, I was a little bit sidetracked for the past few weeks.. :sweat

I started a little Santa treat bag from an out of print magazine (Crafting Traditions). I am already having problems, so I will probably just do it my way. (I'm supposed to do Long Scs, and they are so confusing..)  And, I bought yarn (we have a Hobby Lobby here- I've already been there twice :yay ) for Duke's Dog Paws Stocking~ Two skeins of I Love This Yarn. :D

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have technically, actually, officially; started crocheting along for this CAL.  I do have an excuse... We moved from Nevada, to Tennessee; two weeks ago today. So, I was a little bit sidetracked for the past few weeks.. :sweat

I started a little Santa treat bag from an out of print magazine (Crafting Traditions). I am already having problems, so I will probably just do it my way. (I'm supposed to do Long Scs, and they are so confusing..)  And, I bought yarn (we have a Hobby Lobby here- I've already been there twice :yay ) for Duke's Dog Paws Stocking~ Two skeins of I Love This Yarn. :D

welcome! And I also adapt patterns if it suits me - looking forward to seeing your progress. Which reminds me - I need to post a pic of the first pair of fingerless mitts I just finished.

I finished one little Santa bag. The pattern is from the Nov/Dec 1995 issue of Crafting Traditions. (And, I have been wanting to make one since then.. Lol)   I still need to get some glue and glue on the eyes and nose. But other than that, it is done.

post-20-0-29809700-1381688463_thumb.jpg

I finished one little Santa bag. The pattern is from the Nov/Dec 1995 issue of Crafting Traditions. (And, I have been wanting to make one since then.. Lol)   I still need to get some glue and glue on the eyes and nose. But other than that, it is done.

so cute!

I'm sewing together a cute little bunny ami for my niece. Will post picture when it's all done. Got the yarn for my town ghan but waiting to finish the bunny before I start. I don't like to have a lot of projects going at once.

Cute little Santa bag! Hope the move went well!

I finished Duke's Dog Paw Stocking. :D (Yay!!)  I had been gifted one for our other dog two years ago, and I tried doing the cuff the same as the one she sent me. (It isn't the same as the one in the pattern.) I would like to maybe find some letters to put on each stocking, but.. We'll see. :ctree   I'm also working on a Santa Sweater for Duke (it's getting cold outside!..) :wcold

post-20-0-05995800-1382356868_thumb.jpg

Love it!!

I finished Duke's Dog Paw Stocking. :D (Yay!!)  I had been gifted one for our other dog two years ago, and I tried doing the cuff the same as the one she sent me. (It isn't the same as the one in the pattern.) I would like to maybe find some letters to put on each stocking, but.. We'll see. :ctree   I'm also working on a Santa Sweater for Duke (it's getting cold outside!..) :wcold

• 3 weeks later...

Just checking in on everyone's present progress! Finished my bunny here but still need to give her a face. Now I'm working on the roadways ghan for the nephews. Going well so far! Just trying to crank out the squares as fast as I can.

As I keep crocheting, I keep thinking about other presents I can make! Ack! Why do I do this to myself! I'm thinking of some cowls/scarves for friends. I'm also very tempted to make some of the cute slippers I keep seeing on ravelry! http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/lizzie-4

The last time I tried to make footwear was baby booties and I got so frustrated! Hope adult size is a little easier.

Just checking in on everyone's present progress! Finished my bunny here but still need to give her a face. Now I'm working on the roadways ghan for the nephews. Going well so far! Just trying to crank out the squares as fast as I can.

As I keep crocheting, I keep thinking about other presents I can make! Ack! Why do I do this to myself! I'm thinking of some cowls/scarves for friends. I'm also very tempted to make some of the cute slippers I keep seeing on ravelry! http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/lizzie-4that's the cutest pattern I've ever seen for crocheted slippers!

The last time I tried to make footwear was baby booties and I got so frustrated! Hope adult size is a little easier.

With all the patterns you see and would like to make for gifts, why don't you make a pile for NEXT year, starting as soon as you finish the 2013 list?

I have one fingerless glove done, the other one won't take long at all, but I'm having trouble staying on task these days - for anything! And tomorrow we have a painter coming to do the kitchen area...at least a 3 day job. Our 2 GSDs and us will be confined to the living room. It's going to be a long 3 days and totally nonproductive for me. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Only 34 days til Christmas!

Heaven only knows why I looked it up. I was better off not knowing!! Eep! How are projects going for everyone? I'm only about halfway finished with this roadways ghan with what looks to bet a long road stretching out before me. I well, I have a few days off coming to me from work so I'll catch up a little bit then I hope!

Only 34 days til Christmas!

Heaven only knows why I looked it up. I was better off not knowing!! Eep! How are projects going for everyone? I'm only about halfway finished with this roadways ghan with what looks to bet a long road stretching out before me. I well, I have a few days off coming to me from work so I'll catch up a little bit then I hope!

You'll get there! :cheer  :cheer

I finished my second pair of fingerless gloves - and I'm calling it done. I want to relax on the lead up to Christmas! Hopefully I'll be better about it next year :P

• 2 weeks later...

Finished my husband's Yule Throw and finally got the picture posted on my blog.  This is probably the most complicated project I've ever attempted.  I think I pulled it out more than I actually crocheted, but he loves it and is getting some early use from it.

Yule Log Throw

Finished my husband's Yule Throw and finally got the picture posted on my blog.  This is probably the most complicated project I've ever attempted.  I think I pulled it out more than I actually crocheted, but he loves it and is getting some early use from it.

Yule Log Throw

That's  beautiful! And thank you for posting the link to the pattern.

Looks great!!!

I have blocked my snowflakes for our families. Hope they turn out!attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Great attention to detail! I;m sure they're going to look perfect!

Chairs, mom w/ a motif and Bailey4, your projects are wonderful. As usual I have procrastinated until the last minute. This week I made each of my DD's a headband and I am almost finished with a chunky cowl. Another chunky cowl to do yet, and three neckwear era for men. There are more things I'd like to make, but I probably should be realistic as to what I can make in two weeks.

I finished the swiffer covers for my sister. I also made a half moon shawl for a friend but i have been away fro crochetville for so long that i forgot to photograph them before wrapping!

I am going to continue working on some crochet snowballs for a Florida snowball fight for my kids.

everyone has done beautiful work this year. 11 days to go!

It's a Christmas miracle! I finished my afghan I was working on for my nephews. I wasn't able to make many other gifts. I had to buys presents for my nieces instead of making something. Now all I have to do is ship it out tomorrow and it's done!! Been working on this thing since October!!post-61033-0-37432800-1387777207_thumb.jpg

Archived