Getting Started on Gifts for 2013

judianne

Hi, Meli!

We'll be looking forward to seeing what you end up making.

All my efforts will be going into making the 2 baby blankets for Summer babies!

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, Meli!

We'll be looking forward to seeing what you end up making.

All my efforts will be going into making the 2 baby blankets for Summer babies!

Thank you so much! I have a scrap afghan that I started last night & then I will take it from there.

Thank you so much! I have a scrap afghan that I started last night & then I will take it from there.

I  love making scrap ghans! I have a huge one on my king size bed - all different colors and bordered in black. I call it my Amish ghan - and hubby says he can't breathe when I lay it over the other blanket! :lol

Well, I bought the patterns for the stuffed animals for my kids! YAY! 

Raccoon  , Otter , Reindeer , and Cow. They are all by Teri Crews. She's very talented! I need to pick out two more for my niece and nephew. I have the yarn already in my stash for the felted purses, but I also have a ton of wool sweaters and I may end up doing sweater purses for my mom and SIL, I haven't quite decided.

Anyway, that's where I'm at so far!

Raccoon  , Otter , Reindeer , and Cow. They are all by Teri Crews. She's very talented! I need to pick out two more for my niece and nephew. I have the yarn already in my stash for the felted purses, but I also have a ton of wool sweaters and I may end up doing sweater purses for my mom and SIL, I haven't quite decided.

I love her designs as well.  I recently purchased the doll and the baby patterns from her.  I plan on making the doll for my next project once I finish with my ABC blanket.

I have to get some pictures taken.  I finally finished another Easter projects and am working on finishing a purse for a doll that's a birthday gift and the rest of the Three Pigs finger puppet set I am determined to have finished for an Easter basket.

t

I love those patterns! Not sure that I would ever make them, but bookmarked the shop just in case..........

(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`• Good Evening !!!! •¨¯`•    

How was everyone this fine "very snowy" day?   I'm good.   Of course you all know its been busy here.   Boys in school... Ken in the hospital... me subbing when I get called.... chores... errands...etc.    And in all this .. .trying to squeeze in crocheting and knitting to have a little "me time"

So it snowed pretty good today...and its still coming down.... a nice steady snow ... not too much wind... which is nice!

We had a nice "Snow day" today.... wonder if we will have another one tomorrow!   Would make for a 5 day weekend if we do!

So...............I've been subbing at the elementary school this school year... and having quite a bit of fun.   I was in the copy room yesterday making copies for my small reading group and the principle popped in and just started chatting with me.   He mentioned that there would be two full time Para jobs available come April.... and wondered if I would be interested in one.   He said he has gotten quite the compliments about me around school from both students and staff.    How cool is that!!!!!   With my boys all up at the High School... and me home alone most the time... this would be the perfect job.   I only work the day the boys are in school.   And what a blessing to know I'm doing a good job.   Its funny.... I dont "need" the job.... but I am enjoying myself... and the little extra money I do make is nice!   I've been a stay at home mom for the last 16 years.  

Anyway................... wanted to share my fun news!  :)

Off to get a coffee refill and do some more crocheting and  checking out the posts on the 'ville!!!

Have a good one!

:heart

:mug

It's always nice to hear good things about yourself.  I loved subbing before I taught full time.  I liked the freedom and the change.  If we lived in where we were living before and I didn't need a car to get to the schools, I'd go back to subbing.  Good luck with your para interview.

I finished one more pig and the straw house for my three pig finger puppet set.  So one pig and the brick house to go. 

Got the pictures taken last night so I should have my finished Easter projects and the doll outfit up on my blog next week.

I finally finished the 60's AG outfit that I need for a birthday gift.  There is a second outfit in that set I want to get done for that birthday.  It's a white thread dress with some thread trims.  Before I get to that I'm still working on Easter presents.  I started a thread Easter Bunny Costume for Barbie.  I have some other Easter projects that I need to get finished before my mailing date.  Not to jinx this one, but so far, it's working out OK.

Hi, Tam! Awesome about the job!

Baily....I read all you're doing...and I'm exhausted! Looking forward to seeing your next pictures.

Finally had some time to get some pictures posted and can share them this week.  The first one is headed for an Easter Basket.  His picture is posted on my blog.

Fox in Car

Over the weekend I started working on a funky bunny and redid the leg on the Barbie Easter bunny costume several times.  For some reason I kept misreading the pattern.  However, head, body, and one leg are now complete.  Just need one more leg, two arms, ears, and the last of the details to finish this outfit for Easter.  The ami bunny just needs ears and arms.  I just wish Easter were in April this year. :lol  :lol

I thought I was done making AG dolls for family and had moved on to donating them to charity.  Then Julie the 70's doll arrived and I'm back to making AG doll clothes.  This outfit is for a May birthday.

American Girl Hippy Outfit

very, very cute! Hey - I would make that for ME to keep if no little girls were interested....though "Historical" for me is the 50's and early 60's :lol

very, very cute! Hey - I would make that for ME to keep if no little girls were interested....though "Historical" for me is the 50's and early 60's :lol

I will say there was a "twinge" when I realized that the 70's was historical. :lol  :lol

I thought I was done making AG dolls for family and had moved on to donating them to charity.  Then Julie the 70's doll arrived and I'm back to making AG doll clothes.  This outfit is for a May birthday.

American Girl Hippy Outfit

Cute outfit! Not sure what to say about the 70s being historic though! :)

I have another Easter basket item for today Hello Kitty and Plane is posted on my blog.

Still working on Easter items.  I have an arm, two ears, and a bunny tail to finish on Barbie's Easter Bunny outfit.  I finished another ami bunny for the baskets last night.  The set comes with 4 different variations, which is perfect.  I have 3 more to make. :lol  I hope to get that picture up and posted on my blog soon.

I have another Easter basket item for today Hello Kitty and Plane is posted on my blog.

Still working on Easter items.  I have an arm, two ears, and a bunny tail to finish on Barbie's Easter Bunny outfit.  I finished another ami bunny for the baskets last night.  The set comes with 4 different variations, which is perfect.  I have 3 more to make. :lol  I hope to get that picture up and posted on my blog soon.

Oh, she's perfect!!

Another cute project!

I posted this on the Our House thread, but since it's  gift I thought I'd post it here for those who aren't on House.

An old fashioned blanket for a baby girl with an old fashioned name.....

post-8552-0-47804900-1362442477_thumb.jpg

I posted this on the Our House thread, but since it's  gift I thought I'd post it here for those who aren't on House.

An old fashioned blanket for a baby girl with an old fashioned name.....

That is beautiful.  Love the style and the colors are amazing.

Archived