Decided to stop lurking and start writing

sewmom

Hi from Columbia, Missouri - home of the University of Missouri Tigers and almost exactly halfway between Kansas City and St. Louis. I have lived here with my husband for almost 20 years now. Before that we lived in Louisville, Kentucky where I was born and raised.

I have been crocheting for about 1 year, thanks to my then 11-year-old daughter's Girl Scout Troop project for Project Linus. They had one meeting where they learned to crochet, then came home to finish it - and she promptly forget everything she learned at the meeting.

So, I went to Wal-Mart and bought a rather generic "Learn to Crochet" book and the rest is history. :cheer

I am enamored with scarves - I have made about 8 to date and have 2 WIP scarves. I have also made washcloths, placemats, and two bags. Inspired by the Pillowghan CAL, I just began one tonight that HAS to be finished before Oct. 24 as it is for my BFF's daughter who is having spine surgery.

Enough about me! I am looking forward to learning lots and meeting a lot of crocheters.

:welcome from VA!! Glad to have you!

I've been crocheting since June 2005(actually crocheted a chain when I was 11, and crocheted a blanket for me 2nd daughter when I was pregnant with her, had it done a week before she was born). Anyway, You'l fit right in here. I've done many projects and have many waitin for me.

Nice to meet you!

Natalie :hook

Hi from Long Island NY!!! I crocheted a bit when I was a kid then forgot about it. Took it back up 18 years ago when I quit smoking. I now am addicted to yarn!! It is a much better addiction!! You will be surpised how fast you can finish a project when you need to LOL. We crocheters always have WIP's, this way you dont get bored w/just one thing. Glad you found us!

hi :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome from washington state. glad you found us here and hope to hear from you often. i wish your bf's daughter lots of luck and am sending good thoughts her way. hope to see some of your stuff soon:hug :hug

Hi :cheer and Welcome to Crochetville from Buenos Aires, Argentina!

You tell you love scarves. If you go to my blog, and open My Gallery, you'll find the Album of Scarves I crocheted, there are close-ups and you can see there the stiches. I hope you like them!

Hi :cheer and Welcome to Crochetville from Buenos Aires, Argentina!

You tell you love scarves. If you go to my blog, and open My Gallery, you'll find the Album of Scarves I crocheted, there are close-ups and you can see there the stiches. I hope you like them!

Olá Vik,

Your scarves are very colorful - perfect for sailing! Your "thank you" scarves for your friends who supported your loss are beautiful as well. We had our first dog for 15 years and she passed away almost 2 years ago, and we still miss her - we had her before our children!

Archived