A ghan for granddog

Afghaniac

This great idea posted on ravelry by crochetbug13, using an afghan pattern from Crochet! magazine, was just what I was looking for to make for my granddog. Details on my project are here: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Afghaniac/--dogs-2

It was really fun to make, except that attaching Milo's hair was the same kind of drudgery as fringing an afghan.

DH thinks it should be a framed wall hanging for our grandson (who adores this dog) rather than give it to Milo to lick and chew on.

post-1473-135897778128_thumb.jpg

post-1473-135897778131_thumb.jpg

I keep coming back to this thread. Your ghan is just the cutest thing ever! but I don't think I would actually give it to the dog with all that shag on it.

I have my worries about it, too, but the boss (DD) says he doesn't chew things. He's a funny little character -- so lazy that he doesn't play either. But he sure is cute and loving.

Making this little doggieghan served me well by helping distract me from the first flu bug I've had in years. Plus when it was done, it made me smile through the misery. Hooking can be so therapeutic.

Archived