Paige's Poncho Sweater

I made :hook one years ago using TLC in a light pink color. I used the infant size pattern. I gave it to my oldest brother for his first Granddaughter. I never heard :( if it fit her or not and no picture either. If I still had it I would've sent it to my son who's at Vandenberge AFB in California. He's expecting his first baby and it's going to be a girl. But that's okay, I can make another one for My first grandbaby. :c9

I made :hook one years ago using TLC in a light pink color. I used the infant size pattern. I gave it to my oldest brother for his first Granddaughter. I never heard :( if it fit her or not and no picture either. If I still had it I would've sent it to my son who's at Vandenberge AFB in California. He's expecting his first baby and it's going to be a girl. But that's okay, I can make another one for My first grandbaby. :c9

I used Bernat Satin Sparkle and Bernat Baby Softee in pink for this.

I had a hard time at the beginning of the pattern because I ended up with extra chains...even doing it twice (at least on the size I did) and I didn't know if it was supposed to be that way or not as the author didn't say...but I just kinda fudged it and re worked it a bit and it turned out good.

Yes you must make one for your first grandbaby! Its so easy to make...and trust me, with grandchildren, you will ALWAYS have a project on the hook :hook

I had the same problem. I did alot of counting, a few rips and some fudging to make it come out like the picture. But the result is well worth it. I'm already thinking of making things ahead of time just so she wont outgrow it before I'm finished. :lol

I used Bernat Satin Sparkle and Bernat Baby Softee in pink for this.

I had a hard time at the beginning of the pattern because I ended up with extra chains...even doing it twice (at least on the size I did) and I didn't know if it was supposed to be that way or not as the author didn't say...but I just kinda fudged it and re worked it a bit and it turned out good.

Yes you must make one for your first grandbaby! Its so easy to make...and trust me, with grandchildren, you will ALWAYS have a project on the hook :hook

I had the same problem. I did alot of counting, a few rips and some fudging to make it come out like the picture. But the result is well worth it. I'm already thinking of making things ahead of time just so she wont outgrow it before I'm finished. :lol

Oh I am so glad you said that... it wasn't just me having problems :think

When you work a pattern and have problems you always wonder if it is you missing something or the pattern is missing something :lol

I always make bigger for my g-kids, they grow so fast...I usually always up it a size or 1/2 size (depending) on what they are at now......

I love the poncho sweater you made and your granddaughter is adorable! Nice job.:cheer

• 4 weeks later...

No, it isn't just you. Are you making another one again? I'm going to make a toddler size. I know she'll grow into it fast. :lol:c9

Oh I am so glad you said that... it wasn't just me having problems :think

When you work a pattern and have problems you always wonder if it is you missing something or the pattern is missing something :lol

I always make bigger for my g-kids, they grow so fast...I usually always up it a size or 1/2 size (depending) on what they are at now......

Archived