Yellow placemats

Afghaniac

No matter how much I tweaked the photo, I couldn't get the lovely, sunny yellow Handicrafters yarn to show up. It looks more green here, and I've already posted the green placemats I made in the same pattern. Oh well. The stunning blue hydrangea a friend brought me from her garden showed up pretty well. Pattern is, again, from Better Homes & Gardens "White Crochet."

post-1473-135897766422_thumb.jpg

So pretty!!!

I just started a yellow set for a Christmas present.

I really like this book.

I'd like the book a lot more if I were good at thread crochet! I wish . . .

I made the yellow mats for a charity sale, but I think I want a set in that lovely color for myself, too.

I want to start one of the tablecloths for a summer project.

Thread crochet is just a lot of pratice. and patience.

I have lots of patience and have worked at it over the years, have tried winding the thread twice around to hold steadier, but I think my hands are just too big and not good with tiny things. I love all the different stitches and patterns you can play with in doilies. Have even done them with double strands of No. 10 and ww cotton, but they're just not the same as the fine work so many of you do.

They are very lovely in yellow. I saw these the other day just before leaving to go shopping in Erie... Seeing yours convinced me to make mine in Yellow too, but I was very disappointed that AC Moore didn't have any yellow cotton :(

I ended up using some olive green that I had on hand, and I've also got some fuchsia cotton that may end up becoming another set... :)

Archived