My last three projects

ddc

Here are my last three - the spike stitch is for hospice, the two round ripples are baby blankets. This was the first time I used the 20 point round ripple pattern and really like it. It was also the first time to use RHSS Calliope and it's a new favorite color. It's not blandly pastel like most "baby" variegated yarns, but not electric either. Sort of sherbet colors.

In the twelve point, the yellow looks sort of mustardy, but it's RHSS Bright Yellow. You need sunglasses!

The spike would have looked better with bluer purples, but I'm trying to use down stash and this is what I had.

post-39480-135897764391_thumb.jpg

post-39480-135897764395_thumb.jpg

post-39480-135897764398_thumb.jpg

Lynnf - I have no idea what it's called, it's just a stitch pattern I've used for many years. I call it a spike stitch, but that's just to identify it to myself. It's fairly common in afghan patterns and stitch dictionaries.

They are all beautiful, but I absolutely love the colors in your twelve point round ripple! That yellow is amazing!!! I am going to have to look for that color and... well, do something with it! :lol

Apache Tears sounds familiar. That may have been the pattern. This one is basically 3 dc and a chain for two rows, then offset on the next two rows with the center dc a long stitch over the two chains below. Brainless, but it can be really elegant done in a graduated shades of the same color.

Archived