Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Hi ya, good to see ya, i am waiting patiently for pics of that ghan, lol bet it will be gorgeous!!  yeah, we had a high of 3 today, lol sheesh.......

Hey guys been pretty busy. But wanted to drop in and say hey

Afghan is coming along nicely.

Hope all is well and staying warm.  It is 3 degrees right now. school is on a two hour delay tommorrow.

Hagn everyone

Carol, you poor thing, what is happening, lol you gotta quit eating those peanuts, and popcorn, and oh, cracking pistashios with your teeth, ha ha ha, poor baby, hope you are feeling better soon....

Hi everyone!

Katie, your afghans are beautiful and I know they will be appreciated and loved.

Sopo, that is a cute bag.

Well I broke another tooth and had to go to the dentist this afternoon and have it removed, if this keeps up I'm going to be gumming my food. So I am not feeling the best, I ate some applesauce and took a pain pill and antibiotic a little while ago, I think the pain is starting to ease. I plan to relax a bit and hopefully sleep well tonight.

Have a good night everyone.

ha, hate to let things pile up you know!! I have seen those bags on the ville, they are very durable and strong, you got a good friend there!! lol

Katie you are such a doer. lol LOVE that ocean ghan... hmmmm. lol 

and the pastel blocks are so pretty. 

I just got a surprise. One of the ladies on my crochet fb page wrote me and said she had something for me. I ran in to meet her and she had found a crocheted tote at a thrift store, made of plastic bags and thought of me. Was so nice of her and gave me a smile. 

Hi ya pineknott, hope you are feeling better soon....

what a nice surprise for you,my daughter has one,also found at a thrift store,those things are strong and durable

Thanks sandra, finally got it into my head about the stashbusing scoring, lol thanks for you help,was hard for me to wrap my heard around associating a negative,,,,,,,with getting yarn!! what!!!!! lol

katy it is beautiful. Love all the blocks!

well, i must visit the restroom, lol had ham sandwiches and drank lots of water, lol soooooooooo

take care all, stay warm......really, i heard that frostbite on exposed skin, only takes minutes....brrrrrrrr.

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:welcome ohhh, we have a new birthday girl entered for the bash, some of you may remember her, I think she was on the thread, before I took over, correct me if I am wrong, sharon, we have pm'd a bit over the years, and she is coming back active on the list, and is back crocheting again... lol

She is sharbysyd, and she is a march birthday, lol like me, and her preferences are listed on the first post, but I will put that

here as well.....

8" light or bright colors, purple, blue, mixed colors & variegated okay

a fun one!! So everyone , please welcome Sharon  to the group, I know we all love new blood, er members, I uh mean,  lol Welcome Sharon, glad to have you aboard and glad you are back crocheting as well!!!!

She is actually from buffalo, and I have always said, they get the worst weather ever, lol she agrees!!!! :welcome  sharon, I think you'll fit right in here!! we have one of THEE best groups of people on the ville!!

i love the puppies!! one gal that i doggie sat for, Lilly, is a mini fox terrier, and she has those sweet eyes, too, and very much personality, I will have to go visit her and her mom now, lol need me a small doggie fix!!

well, new day is right sopo, you seem better today, good job! And Hi ya lacey, haven't heard much from you so glad to see your post, how are things going??

Viking is still mia for a bit, no need to worry yet, but soon, me thinks, lol\

nothing much here to report, dang cold out today, hardly reaching a high, of are you ready,    3      to the good side though, as we stayed minus all night long...Shiver me TImbers, huh...

tomorrow will be better, hopefully, and i will get out and mail a couple things, so that's good....

Truly a masterpiece of color, moods, and whispers of soft ocean breezes and warm sand beneath my feet!

Presenting Ocean sand and sea ghan, thank you all, this is your work, and it turned out beautiful!!

Oh, pics, i have pics too, my ocean ghan, and my latest, a baby ghan for charity....This is my ocean colors friendship ghan, made here, by you folks, thanks to all that contributed, I used all that was sent me but one, as I tried to get them all in, and a couple sent three, and I managed to use two of them, with one left over, but it's fine, it will work somewhere else!!

attachicon.gif015.JPG

The other pics of the ghan, i made using up multiple smaller balls of baby yarn, just so I could use a lot of that up., and started out with Oh, Id say at least 25 balls, used up at least well, over half of them, probably bout 16, and a pic of the larger balls that I have left as well, whew, those balls went fast, and will probably benefit me in the stashbuster count for the week, although, not sure how I count them, Linda, does minus mean ones i used, or is that plus,    see, im confused, lol

Oh, Ill list that thread for you...one sec.here it is, posted on the stashbusting thread..Post number 44

and this is what I started out with, i took out the fuller skeins, for another project later this month, but I really ran through some balls!!

attachicon.gif011 (2).JPG       attachicon.gif011.JPG

the balls, and the squares i made before I started counting, ha ha, there were probably 25 or so, and I only  have these few left over! wow! This ghan was double stranded baby yarn left over balls!

Love the ghan and the pot sitters! They're fantastic! I'm about to start some pot sitters now too, learning a new (to me, anyway) technique called "interlocking crochet." I found a book at our local bookfair for $6 I think it was and figured why not? 

I'm joining the stashbusting this year too, because I need some encouragement on actually going through my stash and using it up instead of just buying more all the time.  :reyes  I need a yarn intervention! 

I just got a surprise. One of the ladies on my crochet fb page wrote me and said she had something for me. I ran in to meet her and she had found a crocheted tote at a thrift store, made of plastic bags and thought of me. Was so nice of her and gave me a smile. 

I love those plastic bag bags! They're so durable and wonderful for grocery bags! I made one for one of my college art classes when we had to make something out of something recycled. I got an A! Lol! I love doing them but working with that plastic just kills my hands! 

Hi everyone!

Katie, your afghans are beautiful and I know they will be appreciated and loved.

Sopo, that is a cute bag.

Well I broke another tooth and had to go to the dentist this afternoon and have it removed, if this keeps up I'm going to be gumming my food. So I am not feeling the best, I ate some applesauce and took a pain pill and antibiotic a little while ago, I think the pain is starting to ease. I plan to relax a bit and hopefully sleep well tonight.

Oh geez! I hope the pain goes away for good soon and your teeth start to realize they're place is IN your mouth and not out!  :hug

:welcome ohhh, we have a new birthday girl entered for the bash, some of you may remember her, I think she was on the thread, before I took over, correct me if I am wrong, sharon, we have pm'd a bit over the years, and she is coming back active on the list, and is back crocheting again... lol

She is sharbysyd, and she is a march birthday, lol like me, and her preferences are listed on the first post, but I will put that

here as well.....

8" light or bright colors, purple, blue, mixed colors & variegated okay

a fun one!! So everyone , please welcome Sharon  to the group, I know we all love new blood, er members, I uh mean,  lol Welcome Sharon, glad to have you aboard and glad you are back crocheting as well!!!!

She is actually from buffalo, and I have always said, they get the worst weather ever, lol she agrees!!!! :welcome  sharon, I think you'll fit right in here!! we have one of THEE best groups of people on the ville!!

:welcome  Sharon!!! 

Not too much to report today... Spent some quality time with Peanut this afternoon and made a trip to Walmart for groceries. So much better now that Christmas is past! I was so happy, Peanut is old enough now where I can be gone for a week and he'll still recognize me when I get home. He was napping when I got to Sister's, so when he woke up, we both went in to get him out of his crib. As soon as he saw me, he smiled so big and started bouncing on his bottom! We went to the side of the crib and he stood up and walked over to me (holding on the side of course) and put his arms right out to me to pick him up.  :manyheart  He just melted my heart! 

We also made a stop at the closest AC Moore to the Walmart we were going to and they were an outlet store for a while, but now apparently they're going into liquidation mode and everything is at least 40% off. Apparently that also means they aren't ordering new bags because I have a funny picture... 

post-11765-0-93378000-1420692587_thumb.jpg

Stupid thing is sideways, but you get the point. Pardon the bad hair, it's awful windy outside! I could just about climb inside this bag and be hauled off myself! I didn't even buy that much, I swear! 2 skeins of Bernat Super Value and 8 balls of cotton! It's honestly the biggest bag I have ever seen in my life!  :lol

Off to work some more on my rainbow ripple and maybe start my pot sitters. And I'm joining the stashbusting CAL!  :yes

Truly a masterpiece of color, moods, and whispers of soft ocean breezes and warm sand beneath my feet!

Presenting Ocean sand and sea ghan, thank you all, this is your work, and it turned out beautiful!!

Oh, pics, i have pics too, my ocean ghan, and my latest, a baby ghan for charity....This is my ocean colors friendship ghan, made here, by you folks, thanks to all that contributed, I used all that was sent me but one, as I tried to get them all in, and a couple sent three, and I managed to use two of them, with one left over, but it's fine, it will work somewhere else!!

attachicon.gif015.JPG

The other pics of the ghan, i made using up multiple smaller balls of baby yarn, just so I could use a lot of that up., and started out with Oh, Id say at least 25 balls, used up at least well, over half of them, probably bout 16, and a pic of the larger balls that I have left as well, whew, those balls went fast, and will probably benefit me in the stashbuster count for the week, although, not sure how I count them, Linda, does minus mean ones i used, or is that plus,    see, im confused, lol

Oh, Ill list that thread for you...one sec.here it is, posted on the stashbusting thread..Post number 44

and this is what I started out with, i took out the fuller skeins, for another project later this month, but I really ran through some balls!!

attachicon.gif011 (2).JPG       attachicon.gif011.JPG

the balls, and the squares i made before I started counting, ha ha, there were probably 25 or so, and I only  have these few left over! wow! This ghan was double stranded baby yarn left over balls!

I love how these turned out!!!

That bag is so awesome, I love finding crocheted stuff at thrift stores. I always feel obligated to rescue them. lol 

Welcome Sharon! :D

Oh no! I hope you're feeling better today!  :hug

We also made a stop at the closest AC Moore to the Walmart we were going to and they were an outlet store for a while, but now apparently they're going into liquidation mode and everything is at least 40% off. Apparently that also means they aren't ordering new bags because I have a funny picture... 

attachicon.gif2015-01-07 17.03.10.jpg

Stupid thing is sideways, but you get the point. Pardon the bad hair, it's awful windy outside! I could just about climb inside this bag and be hauled off myself! I didn't even buy that much, I swear! 2 skeins of Bernat Super Value and 8 balls of cotton! It's honestly the biggest bag I have ever seen in my life!  :lol

Off to work some more on my rainbow ripple and maybe start my pot sitters. And I'm joining the stashbusting CAL!  :yes

Yeah right, that bag is full to busting with yarn, right? :yes   :lol  ;)

Welcome back Sharon.  It's great when our mia's return.

yarn_monkey, love hearing about Peanut.  That was a huge bag.

katy another frigid morning here.  We may have a heat wave today.  It might get up to 20 something.  The ocean ghan turned out really pretty.  I am sure your friend will like it.  

chort, not another one  :hug  :hug I have broken a couple off in the past and both times I was eating popcorn.  Anymore I try to conciously chew everything with less force because I don't want to keep breaking them.  

Welcome Sharon!

I know how you feel. I broke a molar and one side is now gone. I brush brush and floss my teeth but myteeth arent grand and I dont eat a lot of sticky stuff or popcorn. i now i will need a crown and cant afford that right now. So it stinks.

Hi everyone and thanks for all the well wishes. I am feeling better today but I did take pain meds this morning which are helping, I tried not to take them but with all the talking I do at work my mouth was hurting. I'm on a soup, applesauce and pudding diet still, after tomorrow I should be able to start eating some real food again, just have to be careful.

Sharon, welcome to the group.

I hope everyone is staying warm and safe.

hi yas, just jumping on while a have a couple minutes, lol been working on a baby ghan, reg, rhss 4 ply though, it's going fast, about half done, Ill show you when it's all the way done.

Gosh the wind has come up and is blowing so hard, garbage cans that aren't inside fences, and running around in the street, all by themselves, no leashes, lol    and their lids, who knows where they will end up eh.....

So made my po trip earlier today, that is done, nothing much else on the agenda, I think sat, it is going to warm up, and that to me, is probably going to inspire me to go yarn shopping, it's been a while, and Im out of a couple colors I use a lot, soooooooooo lol that will be a fun trip!!

bout all i got to say tonight, i may be on later, if something comes to mind, lol  take care all, feel better to those that need it, and stay warm, one more night of the deep freeze, and then tomorrow, and saturday and yarn will be here, lol

katy, heat wave here today, we warmed back up to freezing, wind has been brutal the last two days.  I swear I can feel it blowing through the living room.  Temps to drop again tonight and another cold one tomorrow.  They are teasing us with 50's late next week.  It sounds good anyway. 

I have puffies ready for our birthday girls.  I don't think I will make it to the PO until sometime next week. 

I love how these turned out!!!

That bag is so awesome, I love finding crocheted stuff at thrift stores. I always feel obligated to rescue them. lol 

I always feel so bad for the crocheted afghans and things dropped off at the Goodwill and other places... I think about somebody spending all sorts of time and money and putting so much love into something to make for someone they probably cared about and then it just wound up being given away.  :(  DH always stops me, or I would have bought every single afghan I've ever found. I am hunting for a lace tablecloth for my dining room though! I know they're out there! 

Welcome Sharon! 

Oh no! I hope you're feeling better today!  

Yeah right, that bag is full to busting with yarn, right? 

I may have fibbed a little bit and turns out I got 12 balls of cotton.  :reyes  Honest mistake, I swear! I wish I had filled the whole thing up! It was all 40% off!! 

Hi everyone and thanks for all the well wishes. I am feeling better today but I did take pain meds this morning which are helping, I tried not to take them but with all the talking I do at work my mouth was hurting. I'm on a soup, applesauce and pudding diet still, after tomorrow I should be able to start eating some real food again, just have to be careful.

Sharon, welcome to the group.

I hope everyone is staying warm and safe.

I'm glad your tooth is doing better. I know you hate taking the pain pills but sometimes it's better than the alternative!  :yes

hi yas, just jumping on while a have a couple minutes, lol been working on a baby ghan, reg, rhss 4 ply though, it's going fast, about half done, Ill show you when it's all the way done.

Gosh the wind has come up and is blowing so hard, garbage cans that aren't inside fences, and running around in the street, all by themselves, no leashes, lol    and their lids, who knows where they will end up eh.....

So made my po trip earlier today, that is done, nothing much else on the agenda, I think sat, it is going to warm up, and that to me, is probably going to inspire me to go yarn shopping, it's been a while, and Im out of a couple colors I use a lot, soooooooooo lol that will be a fun trip!!

bout all i got to say tonight, i may be on later, if something comes to mind, lol  take care all, feel better to those that need it, and stay warm, one more night of the deep freeze, and then tomorrow, and saturday and yarn will be here, lol

That wind has been kicking here too! The high here today was 27 and needless to say, I didn't leave the house! I'm not built for cold weather... I want to move to the tropics! I'd say Florida, but DH's family lives there and I think he'd put a stop to Florida pretty quick!  :lol

I started working on the Interlocking Crochet this evening... Whew! I read and reread directions and watched some YouTube videos just to figure out the one pattern I'm doing. Here's what it's looking like so far... eventually it's going to be a hot pad for my kitchen... 

post-11765-0-55533200-1420774466_thumb.jpg

My plan was to work on birthday squares but Lord only knows where I put my black RHSS... This is why I'm in the stashbusting CAL! I know it's around here somewhere, but I have no idea where. And now it's dark outside, so I can't find anything in the craft room. I never did get it all the way set up when we moved in, so it's more craft storage at the moment.  :reyes  Whoops.

Tomorrow is supposed to be in the 40s, so I'm venturing out to the post office and Costco. I think DH's best friend is coming to visit for a little bit after that and we'll have leftovers from tonight for dinner. I made spaghetti squash with Italian sausage and marinara sauce and I never thought I'd be able to say I'd consider giving up actual pasta spaghetti but after dinner tonight, I think I actually would think about it! Clearly that means it was good, because this girl loves some pasta!! Lol! 

And I'll put on a serious hunt for the black yarn so I can get those birthday squares underway and in the mail next week!  :yes

Oh! And TGIF, ladies!!  :yay

yarnmonkey, that is beautiful. was it hard to do?

so cold here just cannot get warm in this house lately. heat pumps are not fun. 

Good evening all!!!! Everyone's work over the holidays is gorgeous!¡! I hope everyone gets to felling better!!! I started with a cough on Saturday and haven't had the energy to do much of anything.... Hope eveyone who's been sick is feeling better also!!

I'm getting ready to try to crochet a my little pony.... Wish me luck!

It was really confusing at first... It's a whole new set of abbreviations and where you work the stitches. Thank goodness for YouTube or I would've chunked the book right out the door! Lol The woman's videos made my brain hurt though because they were all out of focus and blurry. I feel a little crosseyed now. Once I got the hang of this particular stitch pattern though, it went pretty quickly. I'm almost finished now, just adding the last border and joining the two sides. I realized at Christmas that I didn't have nearly enough hot pads and ran out of dish towels trying to find cushions for hot casserole dishes, so I figured they were the perfect thing to practice on! 

I don't think our heat has cut off all day and I'm still chilly! I know it's worse in other places so I can't even imagine! 

I always feel so bad for the crocheted afghans and things dropped off at the Goodwill and other places... I think about somebody spending all sorts of time and money and putting so much love into something to make for someone they probably cared about and then it just wound up being given away.  :(  DH always stops me, or I would have bought every single afghan I've ever found. I am hunting for a lace tablecloth for my dining room though! I know they're out there! 

I may have fibbed a little bit and turns out I got 12 balls of cotton.  :reyes  Honest mistake, I swear! I wish I had filled the whole thing up! It was all 40% off!! 

I started working on the Interlocking Crochet this evening... Whew! I read and reread directions and watched some YouTube videos just to figure out the one pattern I'm doing. Here's what it's looking like so far... eventually it's going to be a hot pad for my kitchen... 

attachicon.gif2015-01-08 22.18.57.jpg

Ha, that sounds like me...trying to buy up all the poor abandoned crochet AND taking advantage of 40% off. LOL Your interlocking project looks great so far!

Good luck! Are you using a pattern? I found some on Ravelry I really want to get and try out. Oh, never enough time, hooks or hands to make everything I want. lol Post some pics!!!  :yes

TGIF everyone! I'm taking the girls to meet a possible music teacher today. Not to be negative but I'm almost sure there's no way we can afford it, lol, but what the heck...I won't know until I meet with someone sooooo here we go! lol Have a great day!

Thank you ladies for the warm welcome.   I'm happy to be back.

It will be nice to work on squares because I've had some blocks regarding making afghans but I find smaller projects easier to do these days.  I think part of the reason is that one of, well actually two of my cats ate some yarn two years ago around Thanksgiving and one of them ended up having to have surgery to get about a foot and a half of yarn removed from his intestine.  It was quite a scary time.  The other one that ate the yarn was under the weather for a day (we were so worried that he would have to have surgery too) but then he started eating and pooped out the yarn.   It was the most thankful we've ever been for cat poop. LOL

Anyhow, because of Alexander eating the yarn and having the surgery, I now have to be extra, extra cautious with my yarn and crocheted things.  So if anyone receives a square that's half chewed, you'll know Alley was near it.  Just kidding, LOL, although the last afghan I made, he did bite a chunk out of it and I had to frog and redo part of it.  

In spite of the challenges, I've managed to make several hats and scarves over the last few months.  

I hope everyone is having a good day.  We ended up having an unexpected day off so I am enjoying that very much.  

I edited to include a pic of my three boys.  The black is Alexander who had the surgery, the black & white is Henry who ate the yarn but was okay and the tabby is Seymour who apparently didn't eat yarn :)

post-41725-0-74093100-1420836308_thumb.jpg

katy, heat wave here today, we warmed back up to freezing, wind has been brutal the last two days.  I swear I can feel it blowing through the living room.  Temps to drop again tonight and another cold one tomorrow.  They are teasing us with 50's late next week.  It sounds good anyway. 

I have puffies ready for our birthday girls.  I don't think I will make it to the PO until sometime next week. 

hi ya brenda, yep, made my trip out yesterday, monday delivery on two lucky birthday girls!! So heads up!!  Temps here cold again, we are pushing for 15 today, but saturday looks more do able!!

I'm glad your tooth is doing better. I know you hate taking the pain pills but sometimes it's better than the alternative!  :yes

That wind has been kicking here too! The high here today was 27 and needless to say, I didn't leave the house! I'm not built for cold weather... I want to move to the tropics! I'd say Florida, but DH's family lives there and I think he'd put a stop to Florida pretty quick!  :lol

attachicon.gif2015-01-08 22.18.57.jpg

My plan was to work on birthday squares but Lord only knows where I put my black RHSS... This is why I'm in the stashbusting CAL! I know it's around here somewhere, but I have no idea where. And now it's dark outside, so I can't find anything in the craft room. I never did get it all the way set up when we moved in, so it's more craft storage at the moment.  :reyes  Whoops.

Tomorrow is supposed to be in the 40s, so I'm venturing out to the post office and Costco. I think DH's best friend is coming to visit for a little bit after that and we'll have leftovers from tonight for dinner. I made spaghetti squash with Italian sausage and marinara sauce and I never thought I'd be able to say I'd consider giving up actual pasta spaghetti but after dinner tonight, I think I actually would think about it! Clearly that means it was good, because this girl loves some pasta!! Lol! 

And I'll put on a serious hunt for the black yarn so I can get those birthday squares underway and in the mail next week!  :yes

wow you are doing fabulous, that looks so tedious, i have never tried it, hec, I have tried the crocdile stitch several diff times, and although, i can do it, i find mine doesn't look much like the tutorial, lol maybe next time, huh!

Heat pumps,yep, never had one, give me a furnace any day. lol, but my sister when in utah, had a swamp cooler for air conditioning!! Never heard of that here, we have furnaces, and air conditioning units, period, lol we don't dabble around with anything else! lol

Good evening all!!!! Everyone's work over the holidays is gorgeous!¡! I hope everyone gets to felling better!!! I started with a cough on Saturday and haven't had the energy to do much of anything.... Hope eveyone who's been sick is feeling better also!!

Hey ya tribble, good to hear from you, sorry you aren't feeling well, so many of us, have or had health issues the last few weeks!

It was really confusing at first... It's a whole new set of abbreviations and where you work the stitches. Thank goodness for YouTube or I would've chunked the book right out the door! Lol The woman's videos made my brain hurt though because they were all out of focus and blurry. I feel a little crosseyed now. Once I got the hang of this particular stitch pattern though, it went pretty quickly. I'm almost finished now, just adding the last border and joining the two sides. I realized at Christmas that I didn't have nearly enough hot pads and ran out of dish towels trying to find cushions for hot casserole dishes, so I figured they were the perfect thing to practice on! 

I don't think our heat has cut off all day and I'm still chilly! I know it's worse in other places so I can't even imagine! 

yAH, I was watching the weather channel, BUffalo is all over the news, many inches of snow, and blowing snow, poor Buffalo, oh, sharon, see, now i know someone from Buffalo, we have a city in northen nebr. that is in the exact same jet stream as you, and they get dumped on too, Norfolk,North East nebraska, bad town too to live in, lol

Thank you ladies for the warm welcome.   I'm happy to be back.

It will be nice to work on squares because I've had some blocks regarding making afghans but I find smaller projects easier to do these days.  I think part of the reason is that one of, well actually two of my cats ate some yarn two years ago around Thanksgiving and one of them ended up having to have surgery to get about a foot and a half of yarn removed from his intestine.  It was quite a scary time.  The other one that ate the yarn was under the weather for a day (we were so worried that he would have to have surgery too) but then he started eating and pooped out the yarn.   It was the most thankful we've ever been for cat poop. LOL

Anyhow, because of Alexander eating the yarn and having the surgery, I now have to be extra, extra cautious with my yarn and crocheted things.  So if anyone receives a square that's half chewed, you'll know Alley was near it.  Just kidding, LOL, although the last afghan I made, he did bite a chunk out of it and I had to frog and redo part of it.  

In spite of the challenges, I've managed to make several hats and scarves over the last few months.  

I hope everyone is having a good day.  We ended up having an unexpected day off so I am enjoying that very much.  

I edited to include a pic of my three boys.  The black is Alexander who had the surgery, the black & white is Henry who ate the yarn but was okay and the tabby is Seymour who apparently didn't eat yarn :)

I love thosekitties, the stripped one is sort of like my maxie!! he is such a character too, loves to play with yarn balls, but has never eaten them!!  Max holds the record though, for being on of THEE SMARTEST cats, I have ever had the pleasure to belong to, lol

Beautiful kitty's but bad kitty's. im so glad they are okay. That would scare the devil out of me as well. It even more scary when we know something is wrong but they cant tell us.

Yes, vet bills aren' fun, are they sandra....

post-40621-0-45524000-1420840439_thumb.jpgHere is that baby ghan i was working on, turned out good, was easy, quick, and looks very nice, oh, and i made a hat for baby to go with it, lol  here is the link in the appropriate thread for you. 

and Im sure you all have seen my Max, but here he is again, when he first came to us out of the blue!!

post-40621-0-57813900-1420840484_thumb.jpg

i have only one cat at the moment now, and my doggie,  but if i am meant to have another, he or she , will find us....lol

Hello!

I don't know how you all handle the cold weather, I've been is south Florida a long time and anything below 60 is too cold.

Those are cute kitties, one of my cats loves to eat yarn, thread, string and anything like string so I have to be very careful too. My other cat could care less about yarn and thread but will chew on my sewing machine if I leave it uncovered. 

I tried eating real food at lunch today and it irritated my mouth a little so I had ice cream for dinner tonight. I have a baptism to go to tomorrow for a little girl I know and then I hope to spend the afternoon in my sewing room.

Guess that's about it for me. Have a good night.

sopo I know what you mean about the heat pumps.  It always feels like cold air is blowing.  We have a wood stove and use it on the coldest nights.  He sometimes gets the house hotter than I can stand it so when he goes to bed I have to open the front door for a bit.  What can I say this is the guy who was just comfy as he sat so close to a bonfire that his shoes started glowing red from the heat.  

sharon I thought my kitty was bad but thankfully she doesn't seem to want to eat the yarn.  She is forever getting balls of it or my smallish projects to play with and chew on.  owlvamp she really liked the tree ornament you sent.  I had to hang it up out of her reach and make her own for her to play with.

katy even though it was just a high of 18 today it did not feel too bad out with the sun and less wind.  I could run outside with just a sweatshirt on instead of the heavy duty winter coat.  Heat pumps are fairly common.  We have one.  Ours is the older kind with the big loop buried in the yard.  It transfers heat or cold from the ground and there is an auxillary  electric heater if needed.  The air from it never feels warm unless that electric heater kicks in which ours never does unless we adjust the thermostat up a lot at one time for  heat.  When it is really cold we use a wood stove and its easy to get  the house too hot.  My folks had a swamp cooler we used at the farm on weekends.  I think its basically a unit with water cycling through coils rather than freon or whatever the ac gas they use now.  

Hi everyone,

I am new to this thread, however, I have been lurking for a couple of weeks. I am not collecting squares at this time, but I would love to help others make their squares. May I join pretty please??? 

Yarnscrapper

Just join in, the more the merrier.  The list is on page one of this thread with people's requests---square size, color preferences and type of yarn.     This year we are focusing on sending squares to people in their birthday month (and maybe a card or little something to those sending out but not collecting squares)  but you can make and send to whomever you want and when ever you want. You pm the person you want to send to for their mailing info.   PM katyallen8090 to add you to our list.  She is in charge here.  

Archived