Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Just dropping by to say that I received 2 puffies yesterday! One was fromm kimgoodie and the other was from...uh...I need to find the package again to see! Thank you so much! I'll post pics later when I can upload them. Right now, my computer is in the process of being restored. Our online backup says it will take 4 days :eek I can't upload to dh's laptop because it doesn't have the program loaded onto it.

So glad they are still coming in, I can't wait till you get them altogether!

rECD SOME GREAT SQS THE PAST FEW DAYS! i HAVE pM THE ONES THAT HAD A vILLE NAME ATTACHED..THANK YOU

Im glad they are arriving for you, I sent a package out weeks ago, but have not heard yet if you recieved. Hope it didn't get lost out there in nowhere land!

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all,

I will be selecting randomly August's Biggest Square on the 25th, and giving 5 days notice by pm and or email to reply to said nomination by the winner. If she/he doesn't reply or is not interested in recieving lovely squares, (ha ha,) within the 5 days, I will then go with the second randomly chosen winner for the month of AUg. I will post on the first, once confirmed, and start the pledging!!

I do advise all of you, (regular posters not included, as you all do such a fine job already of keeping up,) to check in at least once a week, to know what is happening with the Biggest Square, any updates, and to pledge or just view the eye candy! :clap

I know life's busy most of the time, and every one of us has other irons in the fire, so to speak, but it really is to your own advanatage if you do check in, and check things out, as I don't or haven't yet anyway, mass emailed the members for new changes, or announcments, updates, or notices, I just put them here, in the thread. :cheer

Well, just wanted to let you all know, we have half the month gone now for July, and Lee is quite happy with the bundles arriving, and hopefully will have the count totaled for us at the end of the month! I think we're all really doing an amazing job with this, and it is exciting to see each winner and the total recieved, and exciting also to anticipate the next one!! It makes it all worth while, to know we had a part in that persons ghan! :cheer

Thanks to all who play with us here in the thread, and also to those that can only visit now and then, takes all of us to make this work and I appreciate each and every one of you! :manyheart

Just popping on real quick to say the other package was from Skoggy! I promise to post pics and proper thank yous once my computer is back to normal. I still have 2 days! bleh! (no, wait, now it says 3 days! Its because our internet is super slow!)

I'm still waiting for a couple more packages, then I will give a grand total, take a pic of them all laid out, and post the before and after pics!

I can't wait to start stitching them together too! What is the best joining method for patchwork?

rECD SOME GREAT SQS THE PAST FEW DAYS! i HAVE pM THE ONES THAT HAD A vILLE NAME ATTACHED..THANK YOU

Hi Lee, I would think you should have received my two squares by now, I put in a note saying they were from kuddles. Please let me know and thanks,

kuddles (kuddlekubs)

I have gotten two more squares, need to get pictures. Thanks Cshort for the beautiful square! I LOVE it!

I also want to thank bgs for the square I got on yesterday! So bright and beautiful! I am so loving this black and turquoise!!!!

I will get pictures on tomorrow.

Well, time to go home and work on the squares I have in process. Have a great and blessed weekend all!!!

Just popping on real quick to say the other package was from Skoggy!

Blimey! That was quick!!!! I'm glad they got to you ok. :hug

Had an exciting day today. :) Today we celebrated Felicia's 1st birthday (which was posponed from last weekend). Had a good old giggle and fun with my nephews and the weather held off long enough to have a BBQ. Saw how mad my Mum had gone in the summer sale with all the clothes she'd purchased for her 4 (to be) grandchildren.

And....

Finally settled on an angle and a theme for my crocheting and Etsy shop. I've settled on 8-Bit and Pixels theme. As I'm currently working on a massive Space Invaders afghan all done in 4" squares and have been asked for lots more Pixel patterns. I'm really liking doing it and the amount of squares doesn't bother me too much as I've managed to really pick up speed on the current design I'm using. So, I welcome you 8-BIT STITCH UK!!! :cheer

I have gotten two more squares, need to get pictures. Thanks Cshort for the beautiful square! I LOVE it!

I also want to thank bgs for the square I got on yesterday! So bright and beautiful! I am so loving this black and turquoise!!!!

Well, time to go home and work on the squares I have in process. Have a great and blessed weekend all!!!

:hug:hug:You're welcome. So glad to hear it arrived.

Hi Everyone! Just wanted to let you know that I haven't dropped off the face of the earth, I've just been sick. I did manage to make a few squares while I was in the hospital last week. Now I just need to figure out who they can go to, get addresses and ship them out. I'm still not feeling well so it might be a bit, but I'll get it done! Hope you are all doing well and enjoying your summer! :hug

Howdy fellow hookers

Hope everyone had a good weekend. I've been busy busy busy. Working 2 jobs leaves not alot of time.

Just wanted to check in and wish everyone a happy Monday.....( why don't that phase sound right? ) LOL:hook

Here are the three squares I got last week. The first is from Brenda (BGS)- I love the tag and the card you sent!!! What a great idea!!! The colors didn't come out great on my cellphone, but it is turquoise and black!!!

The white was from Cshort! I love the stitches in it and it is so soft!!!

The third is from AussiePaula! I love it! The turquoise is bright and cheery!!!

Thank you guys for the wonderful work you did!!!

post-2747-13589776885_thumb.jpg

post-2747-135897768854_thumb.jpg

post-2747-135897768856_thumb.jpg

Finally settled on an angle and a theme for my crocheting and Etsy shop. I've settled on 8-Bit and Pixels theme. As I'm currently working on a massive Space Invaders afghan all done in 4" squares and have been asked for lots more Pixel patterns. I'm really liking doing it and the amount of squares doesn't bother me too much as I've managed to really pick up speed on the current design I'm using. So, I welcome you 8-BIT STITCH UK!!! :cheer

Ooooh! Awesome! Lots of people really dig retro stuff so you should have no problem selling! I saw a tetris afghan done in the 8-bit style. It was super cool! Hmm...I'm invisioning Pac Man, Frogger, Mario Bros, Donkey Kong, Pong (or Arkanoid), Galaxian, Robotron 2084....

I'm glad you like it.

:c9

I wanted to thank Cshort for the wonderful square I got yesterday! I hope to get a picture up tonight if I can get a chance with family in town.

Thank you again!!!

Amanda

Glad you like the square. Have fun with your visitors.

Hi Everyone! Just wanted to let you know that I haven't dropped off the face of the earth, I've just been sick. I did manage to make a few squares while I was in the hospital last week. Now I just need to figure out who they can go to, get addresses and ship them out. I'm still not feeling well so it might be a bit, but I'll get it done! Hope you are all doing well and enjoying your summer! :hug

Praying that you'll be feeling better soon.

Ooooh! Awesome! Lots of people really dig retro stuff so you should have no problem selling! I saw a tetris afghan done in the 8-bit style. It was super cool! Hmm...I'm invisioning Pac Man, Frogger, Mario Bros, Donkey Kong, Pong (or Arkanoid), Galaxian, Robotron 2084....

Yep got a few Pac-man things "drawn" up. Working on the Space Invaders afghan and Mr Skoggy wants something Zelda / Link -ish too. Also had requests for some Minecraft yet things. Could be a busy build up to Xmas. :lol

Yep got a few Pac-man things "drawn" up. Working on the Space Invaders afghan and Mr Skoggy wants something Zelda / Link -ish too. Also had requests for some Minecraft yet things. Could be a busy build up to Xmas. :lol

WOW! I think that is going to be awesome!!! Old school is definitely back! I loved Pac-man and Space Invaders!!!! I can't wait till you post pics up!

hi all, i trust everyone had a good weekend and as for you annie, don't worry about squares, just concentrate of feeling better! Nice squares too, everyone sure does a fantastic job! I mailed off a couple of items today, one for an ebay buyer, one for my daughter, and one for Thatthunderbird! I forgot though, and left emma's on the desk, but will get that nex visit to the po, i did however remember to pick up a spare customs slip, as I always feel rushed doing it at the post office, lol so Emma, I will get that out soon for you, and Isabelle!

Another hot one here today, and no rain in sight, hey, Houston, how bout sending some of y our up our way!!

Done running errands today, will stay in now, and do what I want to do today, and nothing I don't want to do, lol like that ever happens huh! check in later, have a good one!

hi all, i trust everyone had a good weekend and as for you annie, don't worry about squares, just concentrate of feeling better! Nice squares too, everyone sure does a fantastic job! I mailed off a couple of items today, one for an ebay buyer, one for my daughter, and one for Thatthunderbird! I forgot though, and left emma's on the desk, but will get that nex visit to the po, i did however remember to pick up a spare customs slip, as I always feel rushed doing it at the post office, lol so Emma, I will get that out soon for you, and Isabelle!

Another hot one here today, and no rain in sight, hey, Houston, how bout sending some of y our up our way!!

Done running errands today, will stay in now, and do what I want to do today, and nothing I don't want to do, lol like that ever happens huh! check in later, have a good one!

Wish I could send you some of ours! It is clouding up already! I told the IT guy that when I go on vacation in a few weeks, maybe I can bring some rain to my mom's in Indiana as they have a drought going on!!!

I got one square finished this morning before work, gonna work on another one when I get home. This is a busy week for me so not sure how many I can get done as we have conference all week, but will see what I can do.

Ahh!! My dh LOVES Zelda!! I got him Skyward Sword for Father's Day. Sigh...I love my nerd :manyheart. Does Mr. Skoggy still play Zelda? When dh plays, it is a family event. We all sit and watch and cheer him on :cheer. He calls me his "co-pilot" because I help him with the problem solving.

ETA: I got another puffy from Smith! Pics to come later.

Ahh!! My dh LOVES Zelda!! I got him Skyward Sword for Father's Day. Sigh...I love my nerd :manyheart. Does Mr. Skoggy still play Zelda? When dh plays, it is a family event. We all sit and watch and cheer him on :cheer. He calls me his "co-pilot" because I help him with the problem solving.

At the moment he has Zelda on the Wii. Recently its been an evening decision to play Zelda, Mario Kart or his beloved World of Warcraft :D Normally I assume the "co-pilot" role too. I like puzzle and problem solving... I also have the patience to do so. :lol

In other news, looking forward to receiving my first ever box of yarn and cotton from Red Heart! :cheer But I want some ILTY / ILTC as well. Don't know how to do that since Hobby Lobby don't deliver to the UK. I've recently used a couple of skiens sent to me on a previous RAOK and loved them too. Any ideas ladies?

Finally got in here and did some reading. Mercy! I've missed soooo much!

I have a stack of puffies sitting here waiting to go out but this 100 degree heat is really hard to deal with. At the rate I'm going you will be getting them as Christmas gifts!:sheepxmas

I'll PM some folks for their addys later. Want to read some more of what I've missed.

Have a great one!

At the moment he has Zelda on the Wii. Recently its been an evening decision to play Zelda, Mario Kart or his beloved World of Warcraft :D Normally I assume the "co-pilot" role too. I like puzzle and problem solving... I also have the patience to do so. :lol

In other news, looking forward to receiving my first ever box of yarn and cotton from Red Heart! :cheer But I want some ILTY / ILTC as well. Don't know how to do that since Hobby Lobby don't deliver to the UK. I've recently used a couple of skiens sent to me on a previous RAOK and loved them too. Any ideas ladies?

I can send you some! I know the postage is the killer, but hey, the sacrifices we have to make to have the yarn we need/want for our projects!!!!! I have tried looking for some on Ebay before, but haven't had much luck!

Well, can anyone use some rain?! It is pouring here right now, seems like a normal thing for the afternoons anymore!! At least the temps cool down some, just leaves it so humid feeling! I think I would rather have the heat than the humidity!

Hi! I've been so busy this last week, and missed so much! Finally managed to work 3 days, and now I'm waiting on another job to come my way. DH and I went to Columbus over the weekend.

I have 2 puffies made up and will take at least one to the PO tomorrow to mail to Lee. The other, I still need to PM for an addy, so hopefully it will go out tomorrow too. I'm also trying to finish up an afghan that's either going to my sister or my niece. I never realized until I got the hexagons outside over the weekend that I had made them the wrong shade of white! So, I had to frog about 10 of them.

Archived