Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

But I will mail out a package of 5 as soon as the storms let up today

I've received 48 so far for the Biggest Square event (I'm keeping a tally in my siggy). WOW!! You ladies are awesome! I'm waiting until all square are received before I lay out all the squares again.

So, has everyone sent their squares to me? Who's haven't I received yet? I just want to know so that I know when to stop harrassing my mail lady :P J/K, just so that I know when the square bomb is done and I can lay out my squares. I already took a before pic. Oooo! I can't wait to take an after one!

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that square is gorgeous,love it! Also, Emma and baby F, I hope you start feeling better very soon, poor babies!

Cindy that is amazing! I did a dry count, and talleyed what I could way early on, and my number was at least 48, am I good or what!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see them all laid out, that is the funnest part!! Good job to all the pledge-Lings!!! Such fine work, you all really did an excellent job, well exceeded my expectations!!!

PUffy Update....

I sent out three puffys today to Distinctives123, it's a he by the way I have been told, and crochetlady2012, and one more, who was that, oh yeah, Snowflake, hated to part with that one, it was so pretty! I have one more on the hook, for YOU thatthunderbird, and will get that out after the holiday!

Paula, also sent one your way, don't know how long it takes to get to you, been out for over a week now, hope you recieve it soon!!!!!!

I have a square for Lee done! Gonna wait until after payday to mail it. Emma, hope you and your baby girl feel better soon. :hug. Beautiful squares all and Cindy, can't wait to see everything you've received.

LOL!!! I can't wait to get it!!! I am super excited, that will be my FIRST square for my "ghan-blanket"! Shoot, I have tons of turquoise yarn at home (7-8 skeins of it from I Love That Yarn!). Not sure what I am going to do with it yet! I want to make a rug for my bedroom, maybe I will triple strand and just make like a circle for a rug! It will go with my beautiful blanket!!! LOL!

that square is gorgeous,love it! Also, Emma and baby F, I hope you start feeling better very soon, poor babies!

Cindy that is amazing! I did a dry count, and talleyed what I could way early on, and my number was at least 48, am I good or what!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see them all laid out, that is the funnest part!! Good job to all the pledge-Lings!!! Such fine work, you all really did an excellent job, well exceeded my expectations!!!

PUffy Update....

I sent out three puffys today to Distinctives123, it's a he by the way I have been told, and crochetlady2012, and one more, who was that, oh yeah, Snowflake, hated to part with that one, it was so pretty! I have one more on the hook, for YOU thatthunderbird, and will get that out after the holiday!

Paula, also sent one your way, don't know how long it takes to get to you, been out for over a week now, hope you recieve it soon!!!!!!

I have a square for Lee done! Gonna wait until after payday to mail it. Emma, hope you and your baby girl feel better soon. :hug. Beautiful squares all and Cindy, can't wait to see everything you've received.

yay, that was quick!! Thanks for pledging! :clap

with much running today with appts.mine and Rene's

didn't get to the post office,will shoot for Thursday

no problem, you have all month, thanks for fullfilling your pledge!!! :clap

LOL!!! I can't wait to get it!!! I am super excited, that will be my FIRST square for my "ghan-blanket"! Shoot, I have tons of turquoise yarn at home (7-8 skeins of it from I Love That Yarn!). Not sure what I am going to do with it yet! I want to make a rug for my bedroom, maybe I will triple strand and just make like a circle for a rug! It will go with my beautiful blanket!!! LOL!

that might be very attractive!! it's on it's way! :hug

I got 4 squares yesterday from Snookie! Pics to come later...

wow cool, it just keeps on coming!

These arrived several days ago from bgs. I am so sorry it has taken me so long to post this thank you!

They are beautiful and I love them!!!

[ATTACH]56763[/ATTACH]

Nice eye candy!!!!!!!!!!! Im on a sugar high, beautiful!

THANK YOU! Just wanted to say what a pick me upper it is to have been chosen this month!!

Things have been a bit hectic past few months and this is just great and something to look fwd to.

Thank you ALL again!!

Cant wait for the sq's to start coming in!!!

These arrived several days ago from bgs. I am so sorry it has taken me so long to post this thank you!

[ATTACH]56763[/ATTACH]

Those are very pretty!

THANK YOU! Just wanted to say what a pick me upper it is to have been chosen this month!!

Things have been a bit hectic past few months and this is just great and something to look fwd to.

Thank you ALL again!!

Cant wait for the sq's to start coming in!!!

Oh i hear that, me either, you gotta post pics!!:hook Cindy last month did extreemly well, I hope this BIggest Square Bomb does equally well this time out!! Thanks for checking in!!!!!! :hug

Have to push it back to friday,Rene' needs to send two purses to Crozet, Va.

so not making two different trips,its very steamy here right now hovering around 100,and just about unbreathable humidity, UGH

pineknott--I remember that Hampton Roads humidity all too well! Bleh! The humidity was even worse when I was stationed in Charleston, SC though. I've never seen it rain without rain clouds before! And I didn't know it was possible to not be able to sweat! In the good ole midwest there is higher heat but lower humidity. Weather.com says it is a heat index of 105 right now (tho I'm wondering if that is accurate because the bank down the street says 105 and aren't those usually a dry-bulb temp?) and the UV index is 10 :eek

Lee--I'm almost done with your first square and the next one is already planned out and ready to get started. I hope to finish them both tonight so that I can get to the post office tomorrow.

[ATTACH]56763[/ATTACH]

Your'e welcome!:hug:hug I am always relieved to hear that a package arrived. Now only down to two MIA'S on that mailing.

Well so far I have 2 blue and 2 purple almost ready for Lee. They are thrown in a stack waiting for those pesky ends to get worked in. So far no elves or fairies have shown up here to do that chore for me. :devil

pineknott--I remember that Hampton Roads humidity all too well! Bleh! The humidity was even worse when I was stationed in Charleston, SC though. I've never seen it rain without rain clouds before! And I didn't know it was possible to not be able to sweat! In the good ole midwest there is higher heat but lower humidity. Weather.com says it is a heat index of 105 right now (tho I'm wondering if that is accurate because the bank down the street says 105 and aren't those usually a dry-bulb temp?) and the UV index is 10 :eek

Lee--I'm almost done with your first square and the next one is already planned out and ready to get started. I hope to finish them both tonight so that I can get to the post office tomorrow.

I remember the summers in Northern Indiana. I thought it would get humid there! That is nothing compared to Louisiana. Right now, we are having a thunderstorm. LITERALLY. All thunder, no rain! It has been doing that for over an hour now. Wish it would rain and cool things down some. Yesterday it was 91 at 9:30! So, the heat I am getting used to, it's the humidity. thank goodness my hair is straight or my hair would be frizzy!

Hi all. Sounds like everyone is making great progress on their pledges, that's wonderful, this group is da best!!!

Hot here too, for one more day, then in the upper 80's on Saturday, ha, a cool down they say!! Ill take it though! 115 heat index is just a bit too warm for me!

Stayed in all day today, kept busy, crocheted a bit, cleaned out some cupboards, washed some plasticware and some baking things that hasn't seen the light of day, for oh, a couple years, lol just can't bring myself to donate it yet though, I might one day need FOUR graduated sizes of Stainless steel bowls, and then Ill look, and they will have been given away!! Then what would I do, huh, i ask y a!! Honestly don't know why I have them, must have been a gift, does anyone ever use stainless steel to mix up cookies or a cake, or should I just say, ok, it's time!!!! and pile them in the car, lol

Just wondering! have a happy hookin' evening, and Ill be back a bit later, to check on ya all, hope you are keeping hydrated!!

Oh, odd but true, just today, you know it's hot when you see a neighbor sauntering down the lane to get his mail, carrying a portable IGLOO cooler!! Im serious!!!!!:rofl

I have never used stainless steel mixing bowls. I would if i had some! Today I am making some chicken soup in my slow cooker for my sick little munchkins for dinner. I also have a huge bag of over ripe bananas I got cheap so I am making banana bread, muffins and cookies to use them up. Then I plan on working some squares if I ain't babysitting my nephews today. They love coming to Aunty Paula's for the home baked munchie goodness.

I started, and finished, my 2 pledged squares for Lee! Thankfully, the slot for outgoing mail is JUST big enough for me to squish the puffy through!

I got squares from Paula! Yay! I'll post pics of them and the ones Snookie sent, later, after the baby goes to bed. She doesn't let me take pics of squares!

Good morning all!

I also have Lee's squares done, just need to puffy them out next week!

Heat today....up to 105 temp, heat index, who knows!? Tomorrow as well, finally 'cooling off' to the upper 80s on Sunday.

I only use stainless steel mixing bowls Katie! I have one that I've had longer than I wish to say that is my favorite! Wish I had another one, like it so much!

Well, off I go to stay cool with my DD today....

kuddles

Archived