Find of the century for me

I'm not sure if this happens to everyone - but every time I go into any yarn store I end up forgetting what I need to buy and buy what I think I need - I eventually use what I buy but still and all my stash just grows.

In any event - I stumbled upon an open house at my local YAS. DBF and I were tootling along running errands - I noticed it but by the time I said anything - he had already passed the store. So I took our middle boy and went back to the store- He was SOOO excited to shop with me (which sort of blew my mind) because usually none of them are interested. So we began looking through books first - I must have purchase about 10 books all under a dollar. Annies Attic, etc. WW yarns were .50 per skein for 7 oz skeins (I kicked myself for not buying these - but couldn't think of what to make with 5 skeins of colors that I didn't really care for) While looking at the books - I happened to kick over a HUGE garbage bag of what looked like scrap yarn - marked 5.00 - So I figured what the hay - I bought that too. I took it home and DBF's eyes got huge and of course he asked - OK - how much did all that cost you. I proudly said that I spent a total of $14 dollars on everything. This did include 2 white skeins of WW and an orange one for .50 each - I purchased those for halloween ghosts, etc.

He DIDN"T believe me and asked for the receipt LOL. So I showed him while our middle son brought the bag onto the porch. We both sat their like kids in a candy shop - so DBFs mom says. Going through the yarn and winding up the scraps. Most of the skeins were full skeins - alot of WW and alot of Fun fur - FULL SKEINS and some very expensive soft yarns. Some terricloth full skeins. The store owner couldn't resell them because there wasn't a wrapper on them or anything. I now have enough skeins of Fun fur to make a few fuzzy pillows and enough of the others to make a ton of different things.

Things like this don't happen to me often :) So I was totally THRILLED with my find.

Thanks for listening to me :)

:drool :drool :drool :drool :drool :drool :drool :drool :drool :drool :droolthat is so awesome, what a great find, i love those sales don't you, i wish my son would come with me when i shop for yarn and patterns. he won't says is not his thing :lol :lol dd on the other hand loves coming and helping me select yarn, she loves to pet it too as much as me:lol :lol bet your in yarn heaven huh? and linda. omg girl a whole truck load, that rocks:lol :lol :lol :hug

Hi there, since we're neighbors, I have to ask: Which yarn store was that? ;)

It's such a great feeling to get a deal on yarn! Good for you, girl!!

:hook

Hi Janie!!

I found it at the Yarn shop in Hudson falls on Route 4. I don't remember the name of it. They actually carry alot of yarns we can't find at WM and/or ACmoore. AND if she doesn't have something she will definately order it.

I can spend all day in her shop just going through the bins. :)

Archived