TX/Cross Pillow

MimiFL

I made this pillow a long time ago, but only now got a chance to document it. :)

I made this for a friend of mine who lives in TX. I went with the afghan stitch so I could cross-stitch on it (something I'd never done before). It turned out pretty good I think. I graphed the designs in Excel and then cross-stitched them onto the pillow. Since she's involved in her church, I did a cross design on one side, and since she's in TX, I did a TX flag on the other side. I did a crab stitch to close the pillow (as I always do) but left the last side closed with buttons for easy removal of the pillow form (so she can wash it easily).

post-5153-135897743823_thumb.jpg

post-5153-135897743826_thumb.jpg

post-5153-135897743828_thumb.jpg

post-5153-13589774383_thumb.jpg

I made this pillow a long time ago, but only now got a chance to document it. :)

I made this for a friend of mine who lives in TX. I went with the afghan stitch so I could cross-stitch on it (something I'd never done before). It turned out pretty good I think. I graphed the designs in Excel and then cross-stitched them onto the pillow. Since she's involved in her church, I did a cross design on one side, and since she's in TX, I did a TX flag on the other side. I did a crab stitch to close the pillow (as I always do) but left the last side closed with buttons for easy removal of the pillow form (so she can wash it easily).

:manyheart

Beautiful! Your friend is lucky to have you!! :hug

Thanks everyone! :D

AngelRoseLite, I just make the Excel cells smaller until they're square, and then I color them every which way until it looks like something :lol Trial and error mostly.

Archived