duh moment

Just had to share this "duh" moment with the people who would understand.....:D

I am working on a project and pattern that I have done before. All was going fine until last night. I got onto a round of the pattern and couldn't for the life of me figure out why one of the rounds was just not adding up right. I frogged it several times. I counted the round before it again and again --the stitch count was right on that last round. Everytime I'd do the next round it would NEVER come out right. It had me crazy--:eek

I finally decided to go to bed. This morning there I sat doing it again, again, again with the same wrong results. I was so frustrated.....:(

FINALLY realized that the round said do 8 dc in SAME stitch--where all the other times I was doing 1 dc in each of next 8 stitches .....:P DUH.

never too old or experienced to make a silly mistake.....:blush

Yup! Sometimes you just half to walk away before it drives ya crazy and even then it can still take awhile before you figure it out. I am happy you figured it out.

Definity done that.

Mary Jo----

those lil people :angry:blush:( REALLY brightened my day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I will need them more and more as I grow older--LOL:hook

Boy did I ever feel silly when I finally figured it out-----:lol

Been there, done that, still looking for the coordinating t-shirt!

I think when it's a bigger duh moment is when it's your OWN pattern that you do that on! haha

This doesn't always work, depending on how tired (or dumb) I am that day, but reading the directions out loud can sometimes help. But other times even that doesn't do it. Walking away for a day or two usually lets me come back fresh. Or not. :blush

BTDT! The pattern is hexagons with 6 rings linked in a circle with the hexagon around the outside. My hexagon came out weird. So I counted my sides and got 7 :shrug. I froged and did it over, still 7. It didn't occur to me to count the rings :oops. It's my own pattern too :blush. Live and learn.

Ellie 13

Archived