Ripple Scarf - Fringe or No Fringe?

yarnjeannie

Should I add a fringe to the scarf?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Should I add a fringe to the scarf?

• I like the fringe - add it.
    • I like it plain - don't add fringe.

This is a ripple scarf I just finished. I started with the yarn and came up with a project for it. I love the color combination. My question is - should I fringe it? I haven't trimmed the fringed end yet, but I fringed the peaks and the valleys. Leaving it unfringed might make it more appealing to a man - maybe not. I don't know for sure.

Please let me know what you think.

post-14127-135897731272_thumb.jpg

post-14127-135897731275_thumb.jpg

Sometimes i fringe, sometimes not, sometimes I crochet the fringe, you know, chain them, I think fringe sure adds something, but really Rosered is right, unless you hand wash and lay out to dry, it loses something in machine washing..... good luck, lovely work, by the way!

Thank you, everyone, for your input. An update - I fringed the scarf...and then un-fringed it! LOL! First trip through the washing machine and the fringe was flying in a million different directions and starting to unravel at the ends. So the scarf remains without a fringe. Thank you all for your kind words. Now if it will get cold enough to use a scarf...

• 2 months later...
This is a ripple scarf I just finished. I started with the yarn and came up with a project for it. I love the color combination. My question is - should I fringe it? I haven't trimmed the fringed end yet, but I fringed the peaks and the valleys. Leaving it unfringed might make it more appealing to a man - maybe not. I don't know for sure.

Please let me know what you think.

I voted to add the fringe but it needs more fringe than what you have in your picture IMO

nice scarf

Happy stitching :crocheting

• 2 weeks later...

Archived