ever get bored while crocheting?

I actually started listening to audiobooks while I crochet because I miss my reading so much. But yes, if the project is too big, I actually either walk away or do something else. For instance, I am making an afghan that's made up of EENSY little flowers. When I get tired of the sweater I'm making, I take a break and whip out a few flowers.

Have you tried using stitch markers to keep you on track counting stitch-wise? Say, every 20-15 sc put a marker in, and then when you get to the next row, move the stitch marker down one row to help you get the hang of counting.

I have downloaded tons of sermons from Sermonaudio.com so I always have something to listen to while I crochet. I am more audio than visual any way so I tend to listen more closely and mindless crochet lets me do that.

Now from 9:00 am til 3:00 pm I listen to talk radio on weekdays. (go Glenn and Rush):devil

I always found (when I had a TV) that you only had to watch about 10% of any show to know what was happening. The music would tell you if something big was going to happen :rofl

A lot of times I will "watch" reruns of shows that I haven't seen in a while, but know what's going on so I don't have to look up a lot... usually on the DVR, but usually it's documentaries, etc on the Science channel and others.

Also, something that helps me get through boring housework and boring parts of projects... I will do a certain number of rows and then do a certain amount of cleaning, switching back and forth. The boring crochet becomes more of a mindless relaxation compared to the other chores I am doing. ;)

Oh I have totally gotten bored with a project. Mostly its because its taking forever and I want it to be done! hah! I love watching shows while I crochet. I can only watch something I've seen before though so I usually just end up watching Sex and the City or Downton Abbey for the 50th time (I'm not exaggerating). :blush

One Saturday when I was pushing to get an afgan done for the next day (it was a present) I went through 3 Disney movies! :)

I get bored from time to time on crochet projects that I am working. I once was working on a REALLY big project that had all DC stitches in the entire project. After a couple of weeks on working on it, I had lost interest in so I started to listen to the radio while I worked on it.

When I have an afghan pattern that says " sc X number of inches" (not rows), I use hdc and measure it. It might still be boring, but it gets done faster. I did a sc ripple baby afghan in hdc. I changed colors every 5 rows, not 10. I worked up faster and felt softer than sc. Some patterns you can even use dc instead. Having 2-3 projects to work on and listening to something is great too.

Ellie 13

• 2 weeks later...

Recently, I have taken on a couple of commissions whic bored me silly. One involved 306 small motifs made and joined in such a way that I had 612 ends to sew in. Not sure I would have said yes if I had realised that before hand!

Not with me, at least for now. My life has become very difficult and crocheting is kind of like therapy for me since it makes me focus on something else. However, I do have multiple projects at all times so if I can switch over to relieve any boredom that may arise.

I also crochet while watching tv or listening to music or watching a dvd when I am outside on my patio.

LI Roe

I'm currently busy with the African flower blanket consisting of flower motifs. When I get bored, I find it help to set a timer to challenge myself to crochet faster and better my time with each motif. I would set the timer for 15 min and when I beat the clock, I'll set the next one for 13 minutes, then 10 and so on.

Archived