Doesn't fit any category

Doesn't fit any category? Sure it does — kitsch! :lol

(Woops, Wikipedia and I don't define kitsch the same way at all. To me it's off-the-wall stuff — meant for pure fun and not a bit serious. It ranges from ice cream shops in the shape of igloos [literally — I remember one!] to tissue boxes which look like faces with the tissue coming out the mouth to hotels which look like wigwams to... wing chairs upholstered in a medley of grannie squares! Yup, kitsch. Kitsch is hugely popular and can be great fun. — Take that, Wikipedia! You, my oft-used resource, are taking yourself too seriously.)

Love it. Can't help but think this would be a great way to refinish/reupholster a worn chair. Especially for someone who is getting there first apartment. Or for someone who wants to freshen up their living room after so many years with the same thing. Especially if they have chair getting worn.

Interesting, I thought kitch=retro that hasn't come back into style yet. Like, a Roy Rogers lunchbox.

Maybe the chair is truly kitch because it's an imitation of the iconic sofa with the granny square afghan thrown over the back?

I think you're right. The chair is such a refreshing, playful new version of the old look. As someone else suggested, I can see a young person picking up a used chair for a first apartment and making a freeform upholstery like that, in fresh colors.

Maybe if everybody were to relax with a crochet hook they'd stop fighting wars.

I understand your sentiment but I believe that you and I can sit with our hooks because military men and women stand on that wall.:applause

I understand your sentiment but I believe that you and I can sit with our hooks because military men and women stand on that wall.:applause

Lighten up, friend. It was an offhand, lighthearted remark, and I find your response irksomely preachy. :think

Here's an interesting fact: U.S. military troops have contributed more money to Ron Paul -- he who is vehemently anti-war -- than to any of the other presidential candidates of either party. (Just for the record, I am not a Ron Paul voter.)

Archived