2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

If you haven't used the magic ball or the leftovers from the skeins I wouldn't count anything yet :)

The magic ball itself would be a combo of the skeins it was made out of. If you used 1 full skein and 1/2 of 3 others the entire ball would be equivalent then of 5 points (2+1+1+1) But, I wouldn't count any of that until I had used the the entire ball. The partial skeins leftover would be rolled and count as 1 each whenever they were used.

hope that is what you were asking and made some sense.

I used the ball ;) But it was only enough yarn of each color for about 2-3 rows in a 2 strand ugly blanket. Meaning, 1 strand main color, 1 strand magic ball, with an L hook.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rolled a cone of cotton down to a ball making a kitchen set for christmas. Yes, it's march, and I'm working on Christmas gifts. Each set right now, will have 4 washcloths, 1 hot pad, 1 pot pincher, and one towel ring. Here's the set I have finished.

http://i494.photobucket.com/albums/rr310/jenniferlynnsmith030981/1332808606.jpg

Rolled a cone of cotton down to a ball making a kitchen set for christmas. Yes, it's march, and I'm working on Christmas gifts. Each set right now, will have 4 washcloths, 1 hot pad, 1 pot pincher, and one towel ring. Here's the set I have finished.

Those look great!

How do you count a magic ball if you used full skeins to make it (but just parts of a full skein, kwim?) And then how do you count the rest of those skeins? Can I count the magic ball as 1, and still count the other skeins as 2 IF I use the rest of the skein on say 1 thing, and not on making another magic ball?

As Mary said:

The magic ball itself would be a combo of the skeins it was made out of. If you used 1 full skein and 1/2 of 3 others the entire ball would be equivalent then of 5 points (2+1+1+1) But, I wouldn't count any of that until I had used the the entire ball. The partial skeins leftover would be rolled and count as 1 each whenever they were used.

Full skeins are worth no more than two points each no matter how you divide them up. You have to either divide up the points between your magic ball and partial, leftover skeins, or count your partials as two points each when you use them up and your magic ball as zero points. :)

Great set! I love it :manyheart

Thanks!! My hubby's family LOVES crocheted washcloths and we always have a super tight Christmas budget and only buy gifts for our kids, so I do kitchen stuff to give as gifts. This year I'm spreading it out throughout the year instead of starting in November like I did last year!! :O

Hi! I haven't had a lot of time to crochet since last Wednesday. But I did get to the store to buy 4 new skeins on Sunday! At least I finally have a score on board even if it is a negative!!

:sigh Clearance yarn got me again. I ended up with 22 skeins! :devil

I'm sure it just jumped in your cart! :D

:manyheart

I've tried that before..only taking the basket instead of a cart..didn't work for me either :lol

Think I'll try this tactic next time I go shopping with Sue. :rofl

I didn't get post my score last week. I'll add my + 2 to this weeks score. I used 1 skein so far this week (+2) :cheer. My friend and I went to A.C. Moore today for the 30% off all :yarn. I needed 2 skeins, but with the sale I figured I could get 1 RHSS (14 oz.) instead. Friends, they point out all the nice, soft, colorful :yarn on sale and you end up with 5 skeins (-10) in the basket :sigh. If I :crocheting every spare moment I might get a skein or 2 used by Sat.

WTD: - 6 YTD: + 24

Ellie 13

Just a friendly reminder. Please post both your WTD and your YTD scores in big letters and numbers, and a pretty color helps too.

I'll be posting the YTD scores to see how we all are doing. Are we using yarn, or buying yarn?

:manyheart

Hi all I have been so busy with school I haven't had time to get on here in a long time. I miss it. I also haven't crocheted since the beginning of January. I can't believe it. Well not sure where my scores are as of this moment. I will check my sig and post then. Hope you have all been well. Also I was thinking of joining a swap or a wish list. Not sure I have the money though. Well :hugs everyone

Archived