2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

How do you count that ball of thread?

Are they how they come from the factory? If so, it's two points a piece. Big points in, big points out when you use them up. If you were counting them, it would be a -40 for the week.

:manyheart

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It doesn't matter the ball or skein size, anything coming in is a negative 2 points for a whole skein or ball, and going out its a positive 2 points for each skein used.

And it's considered a skien whether it's a one ounce ball of thread, or a pounder of worsted weight yarn.

I hope that helps.

How do you count that ball of thread?

If they are already in your stash when you start- they do not count ,as we don't add past stash ( I would have been at minus 2000+ :eek ).

When you start you begin at 0 and any new yarn that you purchase is counted as a - 2 points per skein ( as CClinda has said)

when you use one up it is + 2 points

Yarn already in your stash can be counted as positive when you use it up

Ok, thanks :) My English is not so good, and I had problem to understand rules. Now, I got it :)

So, my WTD = 0 / YTD = 0. When I finished any skein or ball of yarn I'll get 2 points, and when I purchase any skein or ball I'll lost 2 points.

And the shoot the moon winner for week ending March 17, 2012 is...

greyhoundgrandma: -36

I could say at least I'm still positive for the year, BUT I have two yarn orders coming in next week--40 skeins--that will put me in the negatives no matter how much I crochet this week.

So if you feel the urge to go shopping, this is the week to do it!

I have stayed positive for eleven weeks this year--only 1 week last year.

Well, I can fix that. :D

:turtle:vheart

There is no doubt that you could. :lol JoAnn's was in the same plaza as Party City yesterday. I resisted and pulled out of the parking lot without one glance in the rear view mirror. Must.. concentrate..on..the..wedding!!

I was asked by DH to make something for his golf outing silent auction in June. So picked up 4 skeins of yarn in a light green for making a baby set. I'm already in the hole for a -8 this week. But the yarn was on sale, and he asked me.

Good morning/afternoon everyone :hi

Sorry I missed posting my score this weekend, it was a busy one and I had company visiting. I think I might have only had a +1 anyways. I'll have to update my score for this week now. I did manage to make a ball yesterday from a skein, so I guess I'm starting the week at +1 :lol

I hope everyone had a great St. Patty's Day :yay

I was asked by DH to make something for his golf outing silent auction in June. So picked up 4 skeins of yarn in a light green for making a baby set. I'm already in the hole for a -8 this week. But the yarn was on sale, and he asked me.

Sounds like a GOOD reason to me! If you make the baby set for a baby boy maybe put a golf ball/tee applique on it :D Shoot even for a baby girl :lol

Sorry I haven't posted in a few weeks....:blush

I am continually working on washcloths for our church festival in May. I have used up three skeins making many cloths. I'll post my weekly score at the end of the week.

I used up a skein last night, so I'm starting the week in the positives, though, I'm sure that'll change. I haven't bought any yarn for three weeks, and I'm feeling the need to make a purchase or twelve...:devil

Between yesterday & today, I've managed to use up 6 skeins of yarn!!! Love starting out the week in the positives! Now, let's see if I can keep it that way.

Not much crocheting yesterday. Went to the doctor for sinus/allergy gunk. Getting new tires on my truck today, so I hope to have some hook time.

The first (of three) JoAnn boxes (TLC yarn for DIL's sampler afghan) came yesterday-- -22. I ended up with at least one skein I won't use in it because I was trying to match the colors in a variegated yarn with solid colors. I wish they would put larger color swatches on the sites so you can see the colors better.

Not much crocheting yesterday. Went to the doctor for sinus/allergy gunk. Getting new tires on my truck today, so I hope to have some hook time.

The first (of three) JoAnn boxes (TLC yarn for DIL's sampler afghan) came yesterday-- -22. I ended up with at least one skein I won't use in it because I was trying to match the colors in a variegated yarn with solid colors. I wish they would put larger color swatches on the sites so you can see the colors better.

Sadly, its not really the size of the color swatches that throws off picking a matching color. It is that monitors are all color calibrated differently, plus the lighting and post-processing done on the photos that cause the issue.

What companies SHOULD do is say that XXX variegated matches with XXX solids. Red Heart has a PDF floating around somewhere that actually does that. However, if you look at ILTY Agean Stripes, it looks like the lightest color is white, but its not, its one of their light greys.

<-- web design and photography geek :D

Sounds like a GOOD reason to me! If you make the baby set for a baby boy maybe put a golf ball/tee applique on it :D Shoot even for a baby girl :lol

That's a good idea.

Archived