2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

I finished up my sunflower afghan last night and made a ball so am another +1 for the week, which I think only gives me +2 so far :think Now I'm ready to start the mystery cal tomorrow :yay

This will be a bridal shower gift for a friend from school next month :D

Beautiful!! :hug

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Better be careful Jana, :turtle and :rabbit are teaming up against you! :rofl

:turtle:vheart

Not to be cruel, but food for thought - my car has a tendancy to hit critters that run out in front of me. Not intentional. It just happens. My husband teases me all the time about it.

I finished up my sunflower afghan last night and made a ball so am another +1 for the week, which I think only gives me +2 so far :think Now I'm ready to start the mystery cal tomorrow :yay

Wow! This is beautiful!!

That is a beautiful afghan.

Thanks cshort.

I started a pair of fingerless gloves for my sister last night after finding the perfect steelers colored sock yarn for her at the Knit & Crochet Festival this past weekend :D But today the mystery cal starts :bounce No numbers to add or subtract to my score now though

I am finally feeling almost normal again. Hopefully, I get some crocheting time today. I'm playing catch-up to all the chores I didn't do as I laid in bed. It was one heck of a cold.

:manyheart

I am finally feeling almost normal again. Hopefully, I get some crocheting time today. I'm playing catch-up to all the chores I didn't do as I laid in bed. It was one heck of a cold.

:manyheart

Glad to hear you are feeling better today :hug

Marisa your afghan is beautiful. I know your friend will love it. I understand Melani. It's very frustrating when you can't crochet. It's better when you can even if it's just a few stitches every day. Glad you are feeling better Linda.

I am working on an "Ugly But Warm" cap but I am using a L hook instead of the M hook. It's to be for a child. I figured a child from about 6 years to about 13 or 14 can wear it. I am using a bright yellow yarn and a varigated yarn of red, orange and yellow. I have just about used those 2 balls up so I will finish it with a red yarn and yellow yarn. Soon and real soon I can add a +2 to my score for the week. :jumpyay:woo

I'm almost through 3 balls on the star shell afghan. And I've almost made a skein into a ball making an iPad cozie! I'm beyond ready to get the star shell afghan DONE! It has become so monotonous. I really don't think I'll ever do 2 big blankets if the same pattern back-to-back ever again! I just don't have the attention span needed! Lol

Pretty!

Got home from school last night and there was this big box sitting in front of my comfy crochet chair. Yeah!!! My 14 skeins of yarn had arrived. It was some good news on a crappy day. My son's girlfriend was admitted to the hospital (she had major surgery for cervical cancer in Sept and now has blood clots in her legs) and my dad was heading to the ER with my mom with one of her severe headaches (she has a shunt in her head) ******UPDATE ON MOM - it was just a sinus infection!! Thank God. Better safe than sorry since she does have that shunt.*****

Can I please just crawl into a hole and hibernate with my yarn??? Pretty please????

:jumpyay:woo:jumpyay I finished up 2 balls today in making my child's Ugly but Warm cap. Makes my score for the week that will end on 2/18/2012 a +4. Since this is only Thursday 2/16 and I plan on making other Ugly but Warm caps using my rolled balls of yarn no telling what my score will be when I post Saturday evening.:jumpyay:woo:jumpyay

Got home from school last night and there was this big box sitting in front of my comfy crochet chair. Yeah!!! My 14 skeins of yarn had arrived. It was some good news on a crappy day. My son's girlfriend was admitted to the hospital (she had major surgery for cervical cancer in Sept and now has blood clots in her legs) and my dad was heading to the ER with my mom with one of her severe headaches (she has a shunt in her head) ******UPDATE ON MOM - it was just a sinus infection!! Thank God. Better safe than sorry since she does have that shunt.*****

Can I please just crawl into a hole and hibernate with my yarn??? Pretty please????

:hug :hug :hug I hope you got that much needed hibernation, even if only for a short time. Glad to hear mom is doing ok, how is ds's gf?

Well, I worked a few of my squares for the mystery cal yesterday, but not enough to gain any points. Right now I"m keeping it slow to stay with my sister since she's a beginner. I figure that way she won't get overwhelmed :think

After we did those, I worked on fingerless gloves for my sister....also not enough of the skein used up yet to gain any points there. And this morning while doing laundry I started a baby blanket and ALMOST made a ball, but not quite so no points just yet....but may get a few before the weeks out :xfin

I'm off work for a week due to employer being out of town. Great timing my charity knitting group had a new request for items and it is the Charity CAL weekend here on the 'Ville. Hope it continues to rain so that my garden does not call to me.

:hug :hug :hug I hope you got that much needed hibernation, even if only for a short time. Glad to hear mom is doing ok, how is ds's gf?

Thanks for the hugs. Hopefully tonight will bring some crochet time my way. Yarn and a glass of wine. Can I go home from work now???

I'm off work for a week due to employer being out of town. Great timing my charity knitting group had a new request for items and it is the Charity CAL weekend here on the 'Ville. Hope it continues to rain so that my garden does not call to me.

What a great way to spend the week off!! Have fun! :D

I've been thinking about my stash busting and have been making 6" squares like crazy, lol. I still have to take time to figure out the score I have LOL. But it's been a lot of fun using p my yarn....finally:hook Also in my yarn ball pile I came across 2 magic yarn balls I had forgotten about LOL.:yay

Archived