so dissapointed!!! :( -update post 34!!! she changed her mind!

Yup - that's about when it starts - my daughter said this just about the time she went off to college....

Then about her senior year she wanted to impress her now inlaws - and make them topped towels and a granny square!

So out came the yarn and hook - she did finish the towels but the ghan is still a wip for another year :lol

And when she was home before her wedding she said one night -"Boy I should have brought that granny square with me to work on!"

Warmed my lil' heart to think she might be wanting to crochet again!

It will pass and sooner or later she'll be wanting all your crocheted creations once more...:crocheting

Tell your daughter all the crochet--knitted hats in the stores and the kids wearing could be all copy cats, at least you make her one in her choice of colors she would be so cool to have something different. Our daughter didn't want to be just like all the other girls in fact she would often change her shirt and change it or add something to it to make it different from all the other girls who had that same shirt. she also would take off sleeves to make it a tank top. add sleves to make it ruffle. she once ask her step dad my hubby if she could have a pair of his old BDU'S from Dessert Storm they were Tanned color and off she went to her room to her sewing machine --she was like 16 or 17 at the time and she been sewing with a real machine since she was 7 years old., she came back out wearing the BDU's. She wore them to school and the girls and everyone even the guys asked where she got them everyone wanted a pair. Her answer " I made them".. She also had this one friend always asking our daughter where she buy such and such and she got tired of this she usually did her own shopping when she turned 14 she was into her own thing. But when we gave her money for clothes she spent it well. As we all are on a budget so was she, I told her anything but no black. I just didn't want her to go thru this all Black stage.

so hang in there Rose Red she will change her mind.

I'm lucky to have a very smart 8 year old son! LOL He always compliments whatever I'm making & his friends all love my stuff. I just sent in several bags of hats and toys for the Celebration Shop at his school. They have a night when families can come in and pick out gifts for free who might not otherwise be able to afford to buy anything. He told me the kids on his bus have been having a blast looking through the bags on the way to school. That just made my day! :)

• 2 weeks later...

My oldest kids went through those stages too. Now at 15 and 16 the both have hats on my to do list. The funny thing is that after my dd's Panda eyes stage is long past, she is getting a panda hat.

:woo yay RoseRed! she may be discovering that she can like some crochet without having to like everything ever crocheted (admit it, we've all seen something that we think should not have been crocheted)? discovering her tastes? I think it's awesome that she's loving those cute hats. :)

check this out!!!

I showed my DD the really cute animal head hats and she asked for 3 of the, The Beaver, Panda Bear and Penguin!

This totally made my day!

:lol:lol but she doesn't like crochet!! That is great! Glad she came back from the dark side :rofl

Archived