Hi All. I'm another new member

EBurk

Good Morning All. Want to say thank you for this forum and look forward to seeing what you are all working on.

I'm currently working on a project by Loops and Threads (Charisma Yarn) and the product is a long western looking wrap. It is in a Loops and Thread booklet sold at Michael's.

I have a question that sneaked into my brain and I can't seem to ignore it. Question is: Since all the pieces of this long wrap are flat (no arm holes), would it be a valid idea to sew a lining somehow to the pieces (before trying to put it all together) in order to hold the shape a bit better? If so, would fleece be a good option you think? How would you sew it on? Sewing machine, hand sew, or try to perhaps do a sc around the edges? Can you punch holes in fleece? eek! This may well be a lousy idea. The pattern says nothing about doing any such thing. Would like your thoughts. Thanks. Evon/OKC

:hi & :welcome from North Central Kentucky!

As far as your question goes, usually lining is done on things that will be holding something, such as a purse. But, if you're concerned it might not be a warm enough wrap for you otherwise, give it a shot!

Welcome. I have put a backing on an afghan that was intended to be a wall hanging. I used a sewing machine. Not having seen the pattern you are talking about may I suggest you you assemble your wrap and add the linning in a single piece. since you are the artist in this case I think you can use whatever fabric makes you happy.

Archived