Do you wear what you make?

I most definitely wear what I make...I managed to procure a whole new winter look by crocheting and knitting myself sweaters over last summer/fall. Right now, I'm making another summer top in lustersheen--the first one was a big hit with the significant other (who refers to it as the "slinky top":devil ).

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I make mostly bags but I use them all the time. I haven't bought a bag in a long time :hook

I made a bolero for the olympics but it's too *young* for me I think...I haven't worn it. But I have worn the flirty sweater vest & gotten compliments on it.

yep!!! Belts, scarves, shawls, socks, sweaters and ponchos!!!

And I make purses that I use. I love making things to wear.

well i wear tons of stuff, i make myself a lot of sweaters and scarves and hats. i also make purses which arent so much worn. i have made wraps and stoles and sold them and i have made sweaters and ponchos for my neices and they wear them too. its great knowing someone likes your work and wears it, even if they are only 7

• 1 year later...

I wear what I make. I have sweaters and vests, shawls and a few ponchos. I also wear my scarfs and hats. I haven't made gloves or mittens, but one day I would like to, just haven't yet becase of my guage:blush . Purses lately, too.

Debbi

Yup. An early project after I taught myself was a hairband.

Then, a few years later, I needed a cap, so I crocheted some granny squares, and made myself a cap. I still have it, but haven't worn it in years (too warm a climate). A few years after that, I crocheted myself a vest of squares. I wore that as well.

Ruth

well i make myself hoards of clothes and i wear them a lot. i have made sweaters that i love and tanktops that i love. i will admit thought that there are items i have made that didnt come out quite like i hoped and they sit in the closet because i put so much time into making them i dont want to rip and re do even though i dont wear it :blush

I do wear some things I make. Mostly hats. I have a shawl I made but it is very warm (thick & quick chenille) so only in the winter... and I do agree they can be hard to wear. I've just started making clothing, and I've worn a cotton tank top I just made and LOVE it. I made a shrug but haven't worn it yet, can't wait to! And I'm making a skirt to wear for dh birthday, we'll see if I get it done and how it looks ON!:manyheart

You know...I think it is about time that I made something for myself...and that is my current wip...but it isn't wearable. I'm not slim...I'm curvy and round...and I tend not to make stuff for myself...and that should change.

I never had before, but I've been tempted to make me a poncho because I got some yarn from the Summer Cotton yarn swap and it's actually meant for that project.

I'm like RachelG: I try to make things for myself, but then someone else falls in love with it, so I end up giving it away. I did that recently with a Seraphina -- my Mom just loved it, more than anything I'd made in years, so I gave it to her -- and a Sweet Pea Shawl, which a friend couldn't stop talking about, so I gave it to her. But I just made a cotton Garnstudio shawl that I'm wearing all the time this summer in the a/c. My GF wanted it, but I said, no, I'll make you one, but you can't have mine, so now I'm making another one for her.

I have a couple more shawls I've kept for myself, but most of the hats are gone to others. I can think of only one thing that I kept and used forever - a shawl I finished the night after my daughter was born 26 years ago (yeah, I finished it in the hospital!). I wore that thing until it looked so raggy my DH finally said this year, "Don't you think you should make yourself a new one?" I tried several times to throw it out and couldn't. I finally did, and then started on the Seraphina to replace it. Well, I already told you what happened to that...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived