Another Handy Tote

TheKnottyMale

Finished this just in time! It's a birthday gift for a friend and

today's the day :hook

I had to make this one larger than the red one that I posted a while back. As a lot of you know, sometimes RHSS isn't the same thickness. That's what caused my problem here. I stuggled to get the base completed and knew it was just going to be way too frustrating to attempt finishing it. I gave up and started all over again using a 3.5MM hook rather than the 3MM I use most all of the time.

She knows that she's getting the bag as a gift, but she hasn't seen the finished bag yet. She will be by this evening to pick it up. I let her choose the colors and the charm. She chose Aran and Medium Thyme.

[ATTACH]46801[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]46802[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]46803[/ATTACH]

Where do I sign up to be one of your friends lol? That is really nice. I really should make one of those. I think it would be perfect to carry my supplies for teaching. I never have enough room in my current knitting bag.

I recently gave this one away: http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=132425

(¯`v´¯)

`*.¸.*´

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`• Love it!!!! •¨¯`•

that is absolutely outstanding!!!!

:heart

:mug

Thank you all for the positive comments :U

She stopped by my house around 8 O'clock last night. She was all grins when she saw it! It's one thing to see something in the process of being made, but there's still that bit of excitement to actually see it when all the work is done. She's extremely happy with the way it turned out and told me that she's taking it on her first shopping trip today.

Wow Bob, I didn't think it was possible for your work to get even better but it looks like it has!! Good job on it, your friend is a lucky lady! I hope it's first shopping trip was a success too! Good to see you! :hook

Wow Bob, I didn't think it was possible for your work to get even better but it looks like it has!! Good job on it, your friend is a lucky lady! I hope it's first shopping trip was a success too! Good to see you! :hook

Great to see your post! Yea, it's been a long time and my stitches have improved even more :hook

I remember the tote I made for you. How's it been holding up for you :scrachin

It's holding up great Bob, I use it almost daily to tote my projects back and forth to my dad's at night. I've used it at the Farmers Market and I've used it for luggage on weekend trips. It's been washed and dried more than once and held up perfectly!! I've been using it almost daily for how many years now?? 4 maybe? I'm pretty sure it will be around longer than I am, I call it The Iron Star while I am slowly becoming an old handbag.........LOL!!!

It's holding up great Bob, I use it almost daily to tote my projects back and forth to my dad's at night. I've used it at the Farmers Market and I've used it for luggage on weekend trips. It's been washed and dried more than once and held up perfectly!! I've been using it almost daily for how many years now?? 4 maybe? I'm pretty sure it will be around longer than I am, I call it The Iron Star while I am slowly becoming an old handbag.........LOL!!!

I'm glad that it's held up so well over the years :clap

I've made this hand bag 3 times now and I still don't have one of my own. The first one was made a few years ago as a gift. I used Carrot & Aran to make that one. Then I made the red & yellow bag back in July. I also finished the fish bag too. I was able to enjoy those 2 bags at my local farmer's market. A longtime friend of our family was in town that weekend. He wanted the hand bag SO badly that I just couldn't say no. The handles on that bag were nice and fat - perfect for man sized hands. And now you see the third bag in this post. Maybe, just maybe, i'll have one of these for myself someday! As for now, I don't even want to see this pattern for quite some time :lol

One thing for sure.... it's NICE to be able to make something worthy of gifting vs. having to go to the store and buy something nice for them. Even if it does take time out of our lives to make it :hook

P.S. If any of you around Groveport, OH see a Cherry Red bag with large Cornmeal colored hands on it - that's my work! :jumpyay

Well Bob it's GREAT, I think you outdid yourself on this one! I didn't see the one you made back in July until just recently but it's wonderful too. This one though is the best in my opinion. If I'm ever in Groveport, OH I'll keep my eyes peeled for that red and cornmeal Handy Bag though....lol!!

I didn't do any tapestry work until just a couple of weeks ago myself. I made my husband a zombie lunchbox hat to wear on the zombie walk this weekend. My work doesn't come close to yours though, you are the master!!!!

It IS nice to give someone something nice that you've made though. I give hats, they all ask me for hats. I just had a second cousin write to ask me for hats last week. I LOVE IT!! I'm a very Happy SuburbanHooker! :hook

Archived