DS & DD annual sweaters

Momcrochets

So, every year, I make my kids a sweater. (they're growing, this is getting expensive! But when I say to my son (who's 10, btw) that it'd be cheaper to pick out a hoodie at Wmart...he says back that handmade is more special, and you can customize it, etc etc...well, how can you argue with that? A kid who at 10yrs still values hand made stuff, and wants a Mom-made sweater? I must have done something right, somewhere. :U)

So, anyway, thankful for yarn sales! I got them finished last week.

Here they are:

(I afraid you're going to have to tilt your head to look at 'em...the px still on my camera, and I didn't want to save it in the rotated view, for future printing.)

post-7396-135897705588_thumb.jpg

Stats: I used this pattern, and added sleeves. (It's more of a template, really, making it infinitely sizeable!). DS picked "Gryffindor" colors, the yarn is Charisma (Michaels store brand), which is chunky weight...DD's is "SnugglyWuggly" (or whatever it's called, the Michaels store brand of sport weight yarn (similar to Bernat Softee Baby, but softer)) Hook size appropriate to the yarn, and I used the "Crumple/Up&Down" stitch.

How LOVELY! They're fabulous sweaters & adorable models! You've gotta :heart that he still wants Momma to make him things. Hopefully that won't ever change!

Great job on both sweaters, lovely items and models. How cool that something handmade by Mom is still valued. Hopefully that will never change.

How is the loops and threads 'charisma' to work with?

I just bought 4 skeins (new Michael's here in town, YAY! just opened and it was on sale so I thought I would give it a try).

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks everyone! I think they're pretty great, and the sweaters turned out well, IMHO

How LOVELY! They're fabulous sweaters & adorable models! You've gotta :heart that he still wants Momma to make him things. Hopefully that won't ever change!

I just about melted right there at the cash counter! :c9 it was so sweet

Great job on both sweaters, lovely items and models. How cool that something handmade by Mom is still valued. Hopefully that will never change.

How is the loops and threads 'charisma' to work with?

I just bought 4 skeins (new Michael's here in town, YAY! just opened and it was on sale so I thought I would give it a try).

Thanks for sharing!

I hope it never changes, too.

Charisma is easy to work with. It can fuzz (it's 2-ply) in the wash, but it really handles nicely on the larger hook (I think I used one about the size called for on the wrapper, or one size up for the sweater). So soft. It would make a cozy pillow, great scarf, chunky sweater :wink, or with enough, a blanket! :) even a stuffie would be great (go down a few hooks to keep it solid). I've also used it to make a tote (gave that away, so how it lasted long term, I couldn't say)...HTH

(¯`v´¯)

`*.¸.*´

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`• Perfect!!! •¨¯`•

you did a great job!

:heart

:mug

Archived