Ripple Shawl

BlueFuzzy

This was made with LB Microspun...it is really soft but it was a little hard to work with because it kept splitting.

PurpleWrap.jpg

Sorry the picture is not that great, it was taken with a disposable camera and I am newbie at taking and posting pictures.

:sheepjump

juanita

Very nice... and knowing how soft MicroSpun is... I know that whoever wears it will LOVE it! :)h

Very nice!

I made this shawl not to long ago, well, before I started coming here, out of the single crochet book I own. Mine ended up being a back-of-the-couch throw 1) because I got bored with it and ended a little to short, then it shrunk a bit when it got washed and 2) my dang cat took it over lol. I used a win-tuk type yarn for it so I could wrap myself when I go out at night to smoke. It's really warm, just ask my calico :rotfl

I have to say, I think I like your's better heheh

Your shawl turned out beautifully. Is that the ripple shawl pattern from the Lion Brand web site? I've used that pattern many, many times but I use Homespun. I reduce the number of pattern repeats to six and it turns out just right. :danc

Danielle

Yes, this is the pattern from the LB website.:yes

Thank you Danielle for the tip, I would like to try this pattern with Homespun. I still have a hard time adjusting a pattern to use a different type of yarn than it calls for.:thinking2

juanita

:hi Just a note about that ripple shawl pattern from Lion Brand; It states that it is a multiple of 11+1, I have made this a dozen times at least, with various yarns, and it is definitely a multiple of 11+3, 11 being the number of stitches in a repeat and 3 being the turning chain. Just decide what size hook to use and how many repeats to do and you can make this out of any yarn you want.:clap

Danielle

I'm working on this shawl too, in the mango color...it's nice to see a finished one! I'm on the fourth of six yarn balls for it, so just a little more than halfway done.

Great job! It looks fabulous!

Archived