Daring Delta Shawl

Dextersmom

I just finished Karen Ratto-Whooley's Delta Crochet class and this is the shawl that I made from that class. I've tried delta crochet before, but it just didn't click. Karen made it very easy to understand. Once I got the hang of it my shawl went very quickly. I just started the shawl this past Wednesday and have been keeping grandchildren all week, working, and working on two other crochet projects and still managed to finish my shawl! You can't really tell from the picture, but the yarn has beads. I do need to block it a little more but couldn't leave it blocking with all those pins in it with the grandkids running loose! Thank you for looking!

post-2550-13589768993_thumb.jpg

Very pretty. What yarn did you use?

Thank you. I'm not 100% sure of the yarn, but I think it's Tilli Tomas Rock Star. I bought it on sale a long time ago and it's just sat in my stash waiting for the right project.

• 2 weeks later...
I just finished Karen Ratto-Whooley's Delta Crochet class and this is the shawl that I made from that class. I've tried delta crochet before, but it just didn't click. Karen made it very easy to understand. Once I got the hang of it my shawl went very quickly. I just started the shawl this past Wednesday and have been keeping grandchildren all week, working, and working on two other crochet projects and still managed to finish my shawl! You can't really tell from the picture, but the yarn has beads. I do need to block it a little more but couldn't leave it blocking with all those pins in it with the grandkids running loose! Thank you for looking!

BEAUTIFUL!!! Delta Lace is on my list to learn. Thanks.

Beautiful shawl! I love making them, too, and don't wear them often but think I will use them more in northeast TN than in FL. lol I also love to give them. Is this yarn like a sports yarn or thinner? I've never seen that brand. It really turned out nice. What size hook did you use?

Beautiful shawl! I love making them, too, and don't wear them often but think I will use them more in northeast TN than in FL. lol I also love to give them. Is this yarn like a sports yarn or thinner? I've never seen that brand. It really turned out nice. What size hook did you use?

Thank you for your kind compliment Bonnie! The yarn is a silk worsted weight with glass beads. I'm not totally sure, but I think the hook was an I or possibly a J hook. I tried a couple of different yarns before settling on this one and I'm glad I did. I wanted to use some gold Berroco Mica that I have in my stash but it was just too slippery for this project.

Archived