Another one of my curiousities....

Has anyone used regular camo yarn? Saw some camo in the RHSS section at the store and I am tryin to think of a simple afghan pattern that would look good in that yarn, but not boring either. Something as simple as a flannelghan, but as nice looking? I wonder if it would work in a flannelghan.... It would work well flor a guy's afghan. Thanks for listening to my little ramble and any feedback you can give me would be great!

I don't think it'll really work with the flannelghan. When you use 2 strands of a variegated yarn they tend to be really discombobulated. Part of what makes the camo camo is the color. The other part is the color pooling.

I used something that was like camo but in blues. I did 6 X 9 in. rectangles in the box stitch. I edged some in light and some in dark blues that matched ones in the camo. They made a nice afghan. I think squares/rectangles edged in 1 or or 2 of the camo colors would be fine.

Ellie 13

Karen,

As a huge granny square fan, I LOVE your design there! Did you go off a pattern? I bet your son loved that afghan, heh.

RoseRed,

Lol, I should have known it couldn't be that easy. Too bad, though. Your flannelghan pattern is priceless!

CrochetedSass,

That's another good idea for a guy's gift! Thanks :D

Sopo,

Turtle shells? Do you mean ami turtles?

I did 7 scarves that were camo & a solid, 1brown, 2 olive green, 4 black. Basic 200 dc for 6 rows, hdc edging.

I am working on a camo RR for my nieces hubby if I get him in the family grab.

I made my two grandsons(for Christmas) round ripples using the green camo and black yarn. My two daughters liked the afghans so much that I "hurriedly" made one for my youngest daughter who's birthday is just 12 days after Christmas!!:eek :eek My other daughter who also liked the afghans...I wasn't in such a hurry as her birthday wasnt until April!!:)

I made an afghan for my son with camo yarn, trimmed with black. I didn't use a pattern--just made long, long rectangular grannies, and attached and edged them.

You can see it here:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3257/2775543742_789893a095.jpg

I love that ghan - it would be so neat for a manly man. :manyheart

I love that ghan - it would be so neat for a manly man. :manyheart

Aww, thanks. It was a gift for my only son's 18th birthday a few years ago (he'll be 21 in Sept. this year...sniff). He loves para-military airsoft games, so it was perfect for him, and he loved it--has it with at college now. Boy, I miss that kid...

Aww, thanks. It was a gift for my only son's 18th birthday a few years ago (he'll be 21 in Sept. this year...sniff). He loves para-military airsoft games, so it was perfect for him, and he loved it--has it with at college now. Boy, I miss that kid...

My heart is with you on that one. It's great that he uses it (and remembers mom) :cheer

Camo works great in regular ripples as well when paired with a solid that goes with one of the colors. I've been (slowly) working on a ripple ghan using RHSS in camo and frosted flecks.

post-44633-135897679965_thumb.jpg

post-44633-135897679969_thumb.jpg

Archived