Hi from WA!!!

itty_bitty

I am new to this site and just wanted to say hello!

I have been teaching myself how to crochet since December so I'm pretty new to crocheting as well!

While my husband is overseas, I've moved home to WA to be closer to family and was curious if anyone has any good suggestions for yarn/supply stores in the Ellensburg or Seattle area??? I need to find some good yarn at a reasonable price to start my very first blanket project!!! This will be the largest thing I have attempted... all I've been doing is small shapes and amigurumi. Wish me luck!!! :eek

Try searching for michaels, joann's and wally world's around your area. I know there is a wal-mart and michaels in bremerton and a wal mart in port orchard..

BTW welcome and My dad was stationed at Navel Shipyard Puget Sound for 3 years...

You will have Michaels and Joann's in the greater Seattle area. I think there is a shop in Eburg (where I happen to be tonight at the fairgrounds for a rabbit show that was today and tomorrow!) but I had heard it was closing. Desperation Bi-Mart and Fred Meyer should have a small selection. Michaels and Joann's in Yakima (close to me) Farther in Tri-Cities there is a Hobby Lobby :cheer as well as one in Spokane.

Check out Knitmap.com if you are headed anywhere for shops that are a bit more unique than box stores.

Bainbridge Island..just off the ferry dock there is Churchmouse Yarn and Teas (or something like that.) Delightful shop..but a bit expensive for me because I bought to much :rofl (Sue..shush!)

:waving howdy neighbor!

Hi and welcome from Arkansas.

I just moved from WA state after 21 years. I retired from the military.

I don't know about Ellensburg but Seattle should have many places to choose from. I bought all of my yarn from either Michaels or JoAnn Fabrics when I lived in Tacoma.

You can also get good deals online. That is where I get most of my yarn now since I have very limited resources here.

Archived