Rose Petal Pillow

Lizard

Oh! Is that ever gorgeous!! Can you still use it, despite the difference in size? I do hope so, because you did a beautiful job on the rose.

Very nice! I've been thinking of making that pattern or one like it. Did you use worsted weight yarn, and was the gauge off? And, I'm wondering if you were able to use a standard-size pillow form.

Thanks for the all the wonderful comments.

I did use worsted weight yarn...I did not check my gauge nor did I measure the initial round foundation which I SHOULD HAVE. It was too big or regular pillow form so I tried to make my own. If I do it again I would measure the first round part against a pillow form and then do the ruffle petals.

I still like it though.

Thanks again. :hook

Thanks for the all the wonderful comments.

I did use worsted weight yarn...I did not check my gauge nor did I measure the initial round foundation which I SHOULD HAVE. It was too big or regular pillow form so I tried to make my own. If I do it again I would measure the first round part against a pillow form and then do the ruffle petals.

I still like it though.

Thanks again. :hook

thanks for the good tips on making the pillow! Gads, how I hate gauge.

• 2 weeks later...
It came out darling! I've been wanting to try that pattern....was it easy to follow?

Yes, it was easy to follow the pattern.

I am thinking of taking out the lame pillow form I made and just stuffing the thing with stuffing to enter into the local fair in August! :D

Archived