crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

Good Morning Everyone,

We're having another rainy day here. Supposed to be this way all week. I'm freezing! What happened to springtime? Guess I'll just have to snuggle down under piles of yarn and :crocheting:D. Have a fabulous day!

oh alright kubs! maybe just a tad dingy LOL! is it any wonder? ive been nuts lately trying to prepare for what may be a long haul with hubby IF he has surgery...been searching ravelry to find slippers for him to wear in bed and found the cutest tennis shoe slippers :)

thought about making him a ghan...hes always cold

sticking my neck out a bit here but once i figure out size would you ladies be willing to help make him a ghan? i have a few squares made in harley colors (black/white/grey/orange) simply soft caron yarn. im sure hed be appreciative! i may even get creative and make him a SBT to keep by his bedside with things to keep him occupied while bedbound......yes i think i will!

I'd be happy to help out. Not sure what colors I have in my stash. I have to check, might have them all. Just let us know what size and pattern (hopefully easy, lol)

Took 3 1/2 hours from start to finish, but that's also including a couple of quick breaks to talk with the hubby, order dinner, and peel the cat off me about 4 times (she insists on cuddling up just under my chin, right where I can't see what I'm working on).

Colors are Orchid and Violet, in Caron Simply Soft.

:cheer:cheer:cheer

I finished my grandson-to-be's round ripple and weaved in the ends!!!:yay So tomorrow night after work, I'll finish up the cotton/cotton ease SBT!!! Looks like I have enough yarn to make a matching tote to go with the RR!!!! So I'll be making that one next!

Just finished watching the Bulls/Heat game. I'm rooting for the Chicago Bulls and they wooped Miami tonight!:clap:clap (and yes, I know the Yankees are playing the Red Sox, but after the last two nights, I needed a break from them:lol)

Hurray for finishing the RR!!! I'm only a third of the way done on my blankie :(. I did work on it yesterday though. I'm hoping to be able to make a matching SBT too! :cheer

I am almost done with the baby blanket!! Finished the main body, now doing the edging. Have a couple more rounds to go with that and it will be DONE!

Had a meeting tonight..couldn't take the blanket as it requires some concentration, or at least more than what I'd want to give it..

So.... I started on tote #20..yeah 19 isn't done yet, but maybe before the night is ... oh I have to finish that baby blanket... :(;):lol:lol

SBT #20! :faintYou must :hook around the clock! :lol

off topic but what is the easiest round ripple out there?

I agree that Aggie May's Simple Round Ripple is the easiest one that I've made. That is if you're looking for a 12 pt.

anybody care to join me in a happy dance? i FINALLY finished SBT 2!!!!

will come back and edit tomorrow when i can get a good pic :)

now on to the next 9 :think 10 who knows!

:woo:woo:woo:dance:dance:dance

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Took 3 1/2 hours from start to finish, but that's also including a couple of quick breaks to talk with the hubby, order dinner, and peel the cat off me about 4 times (she insists on cuddling up just under my chin, right where I can't see what I'm working on).

Colors are Orchid and Violet, in Caron Simply Soft.

Love it! :cheer

Definitely addicting. I'm sitting here trying to concentrate on this somewhat horrible movie my hubby got on netflix, and i'm thinking of color combinations instead and trying to think of what I have in the stash to work with!

You were warned. :lol

I finished my grandson-to-be's round ripple and weaved in the ends!!!:yay So tomorrow night after work, I'll finish up the cotton/cotton ease SBT!!! Looks like I have enough yarn to make a matching tote to go with the RR!!!! So I'll be making that one next!

Just finished watching the Bulls/Heat game. I'm rooting for the Chicago Bulls and they wooped Miami tonight!:clap:clap (and yes, I know the Yankees are playing the Red Sox, but after the last two nights, I needed a break from them:lol)

:cheer No comment on the Yankees. :rofl

I am almost done with the baby blanket!! Finished the main body, now doing the edging. Have a couple more rounds to go with that and it will be DONE!

Had a meeting tonight..couldn't take the blanket as it requires some concentration, or at least more than what I'd want to give it..

So.... I started on tote #20..yeah 19 isn't done yet, but maybe before the night is ... oh I have to finish that baby blanket... :(;):lol:lol

Where is there a smiley shaking its head and smacking itself on the forehead?? :rofl

anybody care to join me in a happy dance? i FINALLY finished SBT 2!!!!

will come back and edit tomorrow when i can get a good pic :)

now on to the next 9 :think 10 who knows!

:cheer

LOL I am always thinking about my next 5 projects before I'm done with the one I'm on! It either makes me multi-tasking or insane.....hmmmmmm wonder which!

kuddles

Multi-tasking...cause I do the same thing. :rofl

Good Morning Everyone,

We're having another rainy day here. Supposed to be this way all week. I'm freezing! What happened to springtime? Guess I'll just have to snuggle down under piles of yarn and :crocheting:D. Have a fabulous day!

Send us the rain. We desperately need it.

:turtle:vheart

Very nice! That second one hurt my eyes, like my hot pink bag! Yousa!

kuddles

Its a lot brighter in the pic than in person. Bruce calls is my tye dye bag. :lol

I have made Crochet Dad's 9 point RR http://www.lulu.com/product/ebook/crochet-pattern---9-pointed-star-round-ripple/3158566and just finished a baby 12 point one from Project Angel-kisses http://project-angel-kisses.150m.com/roundripple.html

:yay:woo:2rock:applause:elle:dance

I like Dad's pattern the best for my hook. I don't have the problem with it ruffling like I do other patterns. Not sure why and that may not apply to everyone :lol

:clap for nearly finishing the baby blanket:clap

Was #19 ever finished last night? Or did you finish the baby blanket?

Have a good Monday all!

I didn't finish either..I worked on the grass beret hat instead :lol

Hon you KNOW we will all help with that for hubby!!! Just tell us what you need!

kuddles

:yes

Well, my pattern making brain is active again. Working on a market bag that has a little pocket it folds into so you can stuff it in your purse (or SBT :lol ). I think it will be perfect for always having a bag when you need it. I hope to get it done and written up by tomorrow. Any testers??

Well, my pattern making brain is active again. Working on a market bag that has a little pocket it folds into so you can stuff it in your purse (or SBT :lol ). I think it will be perfect for always having a bag when you need it. I hope to get it done and written up by tomorrow. Any testers??

Sure nuf I will give it a go!

If you need any more testers....:jumpyay:hi:flowerin other-words i'm willing :D

Sure nuf I will give it a go!

I would also test if you still need testers......will be working on sbt #5 in the meantime...

If you need any more testers....in other-words i'm willing

Got the 3 of you! I have Tonya's e-mail. Mary and Valerie, if you PM me your e-mails I'll send the pattern out once its ready.

Hey Sue ~ Love the NEUTRAL colors of SBT #9. :lol

Are you :loco from all the shuttle launch traffic? The SBT is neutral-ish (gray, pink, green and tan). I think you're looking at the Granny Go Round. :rofl

I would LOVE to test your pattern! I actually need to make a market bag. Plan to keep it in the car to always have on hand when the unexpected need for a tote arrives! :) If it works out, I may make several as I have decided to join in with those on a quest to stamp out all of these crazy plastic bags. Can you imagine how many go into the trash on any given day? I have a couple of reusable shopping bags but will need more in order to say "no to both paper & plastic" even on grocery day.

Sounds like a great idea! But of course, my "DD" is brilliant!

kuddles (mama)

SBT #9

[ATTACH]39355[/ATTACH]

CGGR #4 (I think)

[ATTACH]39356[/ATTACH]

Are you :loco from all the shuttle launch traffic? The SBT is neutral-ish (gray, pink, green and tan). I think you're looking at the Granny Go Round. :rofl

Gray?? Are yo sure??? I guess all I see are the green, tan and some of the pink. Yup, you are right, it's all the fault of the shuttle gawkers that my eyes are seeing the wrong colors. :rofl

havent had a chance to take a pic of SBT 2 yet. eyes are buggin me (allergies) but guess what ladies? i started SBT 3 yesterday and am HALF DONE with it. ill be pulling a long night tonight so who knows i may be on SBT 4 by tomorrow

hope everybody had a great weekend!

will be back this evening

I would LOVE to test your pattern! I actually need to make a market bag. Plan to keep it in the car to always have on hand when the unexpected need for a tote arrives! :) If it works out, I may make several as I have decided to join in with those on a quest to stamp out all of these crazy plastic bags. Can you imagine how many go into the trash on any given day? I have a couple of reusable shopping bags but will need more in order to say "no to both paper & plastic" even on grocery day.

This one will be easy to adjust the size. So if you want little ones or big ones just add or subtract rounds. Its going to be a free pattern too so I may just post it here and let anyone who wants to test it have at it. Then when I get feedback from a few of you I will post it in the patterns area. :)

Sounds like a great idea! But of course, my "DD" is brilliant!

kuddles (mama)

I got my brilliance from my Mama. :lol

if you need more testers i would love to do it for you

See above! ;)

Gray?? Are yo sure??? I guess all I see are the green, tan and some of the pink. Yup, you are right, it's all the fault of the shuttle gawkers that my eyes are seeing the wrong colors. :rofl

Am I sure? I would hope so. :lol How bad was it to get to work? I'm glad I didn't have to work today. The inlet was suppose to be PACKED with everyone heading to the beach and jetty.

Am I sure? I would hope so. :lol How bad was it to get to work? I'm glad I didn't have to work today. The inlet was suppose to be PACKED with everyone heading to the beach and jetty.

Traffic this morning was no different than any regular weekday. Wierd.I guess because I was going north to south and the majority of the shuttle watchers were going west to east?

No work today? Guess that means your brain is working on the next tote pattern? Bring it on, girl!!!

Traffic this morning was no different than any regular weekday. Wierd.I guess because I was going north to south and the majority of the shuttle watchers were going west to east?

No work today? Guess that means your brain is working on the next tote pattern? Bring it on, girl!!!

Getting to the inlet there's only 2 roads to choose from, so glad I wasn't there! :lol

Brain was working on the tote, but had to break for a bit to attend a funeral. :(

Getting to the inlet there's only 2 roads to choose from, so glad I wasn't there! :lol

Brain was working on the tote, but had to break for a bit to attend a funeral. :(

Your mom's friend? I'm so sorry :hug

Hi my friends:

I know i've been a bit missing here but i have kept up with all the posts and all them totes are looking lovelier by the post..

Wow you gals are amazing with color combinations...

Well I havent been crocheting since been taking Kim's Knitting class and pulling my hairs which is not good for me but finally did learn to do knit stitch.

Yeah....

So I took time off from knitting lessons to show you all three more totes I had done since last week...

I dont think color wise they are not as pretty as all of you ladies here but I think they are pretty... You all know me and my magic yarn balls...

Well here they go...

hugs

Lillibet

post-6956-135897658861_thumb.jpg

post-6956-135897658864_thumb.jpg

post-6956-135897658868_thumb.jpg

Hello everyone! Just a quick note because my computer time is very limited, to say hi and that surgery went well.

Also, big thank you to Mona W for the two totes and dishcloths and to Grannieannie for the tote full of goodies. I'm hoping after dr. visit Thursday to get back to my crocheting.

:hug to all

Archived