crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

on the subject of gasoline what is it in your area? its 4.19 here!!! of course that was earlier today :lol

still havent heard hide nor hare of my friends condition....i was reading about their situation earlier (researching it) and i can just hope and [ray they got things taken care of in time.

on a much more positive note...

a friend if mine went into basic training back in i htink february. he just GRADUATED!:cheer in about five weeks he gets one month off.....

im hpoing to get to at least try and see him

and can somebody redirect me? LOL! i have an incomplete tote bag waiting to be finished but got distracted with a moni tote and a TP cozy

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
on the subject of gasoline what is it in your area? its 4.19 here!!! of course that was earlier today :lol

still havent heard hide nor hare of my friends condition....i was reading about their situation earlier (researching it) and i can just hope and [ray they got things taken care of in time.

on a much more positive note...

a friend if mine went into basic training back in i htink february. he just GRADUATED!:cheer in about five weeks he gets one month off.....

im hpoing to get to at least try and see him

and can somebody redirect me? LOL! i have an incomplete tote bag waiting to be finished but got distracted with a moni tote and a TP cozy

Yay! :clap For the Basic Training graduate!! :cheer My eldest son graduated from Basic in August of last year - and he goes back for Advanced Infantry Training next month. (He joined in January of last year - went to Basic in June, came home in August to finish High School, and then continues on with the "rest" of Basic this June...)

I hope your friend in the hospital pulls through - and I hope you can find out some news!!!

Now, as far as I'm concerned, working with the yarn :yarn & hook :chook is all that's really important... :hook if you want to do a couple other projects while your tote is taking a nap, that's fine! :) I'm sure you'll get to it here soon!!! LOL :crocheting

Good morning!

Ducky- Congrats on your friend finishing Basic!!!:cheer And positive thoughts going out for your friend in the hospital.:hug

It's hard to stay focused on just one project so mixing up working on the tote with a few other projects---well, it sounds normal to me!:lol And some projects just scream louder than others at time:hook

I finished Tote #5 last night!!!! Now I really, really, really need to get back to grandson-to-be's RR----but.........starting another tote keeps calling my name!!!!:eek

Have a good day all!!

Toni- :hug Hope all went well yesterday!!!

Hey everyone :hi

Sorry I didn't get to visit with you last night, I got home late :( I'll probably be a little sparse over the weekend too :think I did finish my SB tote last night :clap Still need to hide the tails and put the linings in both bags and they will be ready for mother's day :clap:yay

Ducky - Prayers for your friend in the hospital and :yay for your friend that finished basic training

TGIF!!! Have a great day, weekend, and mother's day :hug

post-36814-135897655798_thumb.jpg

Marisa- Love the colors of the tote!!! Your Mom and Aunt are going to love their Mother's Day gifts!!!

Have a fun weekend!!!

Just went to take a pic of Tote #5, and I have to charge the battery so it will have to wait till after work!

Marisa,

love the colors on your sb tote. The black really makes the other colors pop. Very nicely done. :)

It's beautiful!!! So did you finish your 5 rows of the corner-to-corner???

actually I am working on it now, I am 12 rows further and the end is in sight (except for the ends and border) so I am being really good. :devil I want to finish the body of the ghan before going on to SB #3. Easy to do this close to the end, I was just past the half way point when I did the first SB tote. I have a bit of crochet add I think, and as much as I love the finished afghan, sometimes loose a bit of momentum when they start to drag.

It doesn't help when someone (not mentioning any names, posts a wonderful pattern that is highly addictive) that takes off and everybody has to make at the minimum 1, although I don't know how a body would stop at one, I certainly can't.

ok break over back to my corner to corner. Now hmmm, what colors with I use for sb #3

Here is the Chicago area, it has now gone over $5 per gallon! That is in the city, out here in the burbs, I just paid 4.59 per gallon. GOOD GRIEF!

Working on another of my Southwest Totes but in purples for a friend at work. So far so good!

kuddles

Hey everyone :hi

Sorry I didn't get to visit with you last night, I got home late :( I'll probably be a little sparse over the weekend too :think I did finish my SB tote last night :clap Still need to hide the tails and put the linings in both bags and they will be ready for mother's day :clap:yay

Ducky - Prayers for your friend in the hospital and :yay for your friend that finished basic training

TGIF!!! Have a great day, weekend, and mother's day :hug

Love the bag! Not TGIF for me, my Friday is tomorrow. :)

:turtle:vheart

What a lovely bag marisa:

I love the colors and that black does bring out the highlight of the center colors.

Cant wait to see another one of yours

hugs

Lillibet

Good morning everyone! Hope we're all having a wonderful day! It's a gorgeous sunny day here! :clap

Marissa, love the tote! The black really brings out the colors!

Ducky, sending prayers for your friend in the hospital. Prayers for your friend that just finished basic training too! Hope you get to spend some time together.

I guess we're lucky with gas prices. They are about $3.99 gal here in town. Of course that was 2 days ago! :(

Oh, and thanks for mentioning that it was Friday! I totally thought that it was Thursday! :lol Just what I need, another day added to the week! :P Have a good day everyone! :hug

Good morning everyone! Hope we're all having a wonderful day! It's a gorgeous sunny day here! :clap

Marissa, love the tote! The black really brings out the colors!

Ducky, sending prayers for your friend in the hospital. Prayers for your friend that just finished basic training too! Hope you get to spend some time together.

I guess we're lucky with gas prices. They are about $3.99 gal here in town. Of course that was 2 days ago! :(

Oh, and thanks for mentioning that it was Friday! I totally thought that it was Thursday! :lol Just what I need, another day added to the week! :P Have a good day everyone! :hug

I would LOVE to pay 3.99 for gas! Or even 4.25! Oh well....

I am SO glad it is Friday! The sun is shining here and will get to upper 60s! We've had unusually cool weather so I'm ready!

Have a great day!

kuddles

Good morning. I've been reading the thread, but have been too tired to post. However, I really admired all the finished totes.

I just frogged the sides of my stash-buster tote, because it was just too pale looking. (I decided that after Is aw how good the totes looked in more vibrant colors.) It took me half an hour to wind the yarn up into balls so I could start again. I've done about 6 rows since then, and it looks quite a bit better to me. Now I'm worried that I'm going to run out of yarn. (I took the name literally and am using stash yarn) Guess I will worry about what to do about that when the time comes.

As for gas prices, it was $4.29 here yesterday, don;t know about today. I don't pay that much attention, since it is totally out of my control. I've never been one to go out a lot, so I don't even have to make much effort to cut back on driving. I have been trying to combine trips out though. For instance I get groceries on my way home from work.

I care about the gas prices because my mother is a 3 hour drive away! One way! That is gonna take a LOT of gas when I visit!

But as you said, it IS out of my control. sigh......

kuddles

Im wondering if I have enough wool to felt a tote I have 2 skiens of 3 different colors they are 50 grams 110 yards each, it is knit picks.

I have 2 skiens of lion wool prints but the color doesnt match with the other yarn. can some one help me?

The last gas I bought was $3.87 a gallon, Gas prices are bad!

Put on your sunglasses for this one!!! Stashbuster # 9 , youngest granddaughters request. Used rhss in Pretty n Pink and Bikini, talk about bright. Worked on this in the evenings when lights were low, :lol

post-28494-135897655818_thumb.jpg

I care about the gas prices because my mother is a 3 hour drive away! One way! That is gonna take a LOT of gas when I visit!

kuddles

I do get this, my parents are about 4 1/2 hours away.

Put on your sunglasses for this one!!! Stashbuster # 9 , youngest granddaughters request. Used rhss in Pretty n Pink and Bikini, talk about bright. Worked on this in the evenings when lights were low, :lol

I like that, very pretty.

I LOVE this!!!

kuddles

believe it or not great summer colors. Very pretty

kuddles

Thankfully my parents are 10 minutes away, but when we head to Key West in about 5 weeks its a 7 hour drive! :eek

Oh LOVE IT! I'm working on one now with the MC in bright yellow and the CC in bright blue, pink, purple and orange! :lol

:turtle:vheart

Archived