crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

Tammy ~ Just boxed up the shawl and a stash buster tote about an hour ago. They are heading to Metaire, LA for a friend. Totally forgot to take a pic of the shawl. I've been having a lot of these DUH moments lately. Could it be old age coming up from behind to get me??:think

Your not alone there!!!! I made several things for the grandkids for Easter, did I take a pic, no :no. Did I get a pic of the kids with them, nooooo :no, could I kick myself, yes :yes. lol

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

glad everybody is enjoying getting together and chatting and "hooking" :lol

i had originally started this thread as a kind of a joke toward sue but when it went "viral" so to speak i was indeed pleased. where else can you come and "meet up and chat" where it doesnt matter if youre still in your jhammies or if your hairs a mess (or your house)

well im off for now to try and finish surfing the ville and try to go do something constructive

HEY DUCKY!!!!!

Thank you so much for starting up this CAL. I've not made many totes, but I absolutely love the chit chat :blah and the pics :gallery. You rock girl!!! :2rock

For once something isn't my fault! :rofl

I would love to join this CAL.

Jump right in Dee Dee! I know you have the SBT pattern! ;)

glad everybody is enjoying getting together and chatting and "hooking" :lol

i had originally started this thread as a kind of a joke toward sue but when it went "viral" so to speak i was indeed pleased. where else can you come and "meet up and chat" where it doesnt matter if youre still in your jhammies or if your hairs a mess (or your house)

well im off for now to try and finish surfing the ville and try to go do something constructive

Finally something viral that I'm happy to catch! :lol

:turtle:vheart

BTW, I'm working on 2 bags now. One is the Granny Go Round...felted. And the other...Little Buster (mini stash buster). :)

so if you use brown, it's Little Buster Brown. :lol:P

thanks Sue and Tam for the infow

If I want to felt one do I just make the way the pattrn says and use wool and felt it? Or do I use a larger crochet hook to makethe tote bigger?

Just finished my first bag (I was one of the winners in Sue's giveaway. I was trying to be good and finish my corner to corner afghan. But as soon as I saw the pattern in the email, I had to print it out, and of course once I printed it out. had to look it over, and I managed to wait one more day after that...part will power, part bronchitis, lol. I have given in now and number one is finished. Taking pics now, back to post in a few.

BTW, I'm working on 2 bags now. One is the Granny Go Round...felted. And the other...Little Buster (mini stash buster). :)

so what do you change to make it a Little Buster? One strand? Small hook? Both?

Tell us tell us DO!

kuddles

thanks Sue and Tam for the infow

If I want to felt one do I just make the way the pattrn says and use wool and felt it? Or do I use a larger crochet hook to makethe tote bigger?

I used an L hook instead of a K. Just use wool, 2 strands and as the pattern is written. You'll be hooked! :lol

Just finished my first bag (I was one of the winners in Sue's giveaway. I was trying to be good and finish my corner to corner afghan. But as soon as I saw the pattern in the email, I had to print it out, and of course once I printed it out. had to look it over, and I managed to wait one more day after that...part will power, part bronchitis, lol. I have given in now and number one is finished. Taking pics now, back to post in a few.

Can't wait!!

so what do you change to make it a Little Buster? One strand? Small hook? Both?

Tell us tell us DO!

kuddles

2 strands, same hook, different stitch. Coming out smaller. :)

Dear Sue:

Now you really got to tell us the how to's for the mini stash buster that would for sure save me some time for making some for gift giving for x-mas and I can do the stand size ones for like the nurses and doctor etc..

Okay so I hope to see and hear all about it ...

hugs

Lillibet

Love that bag, and Patrick sure had a great birthday!

WOW! Love it!

Oh! How pretty!!!

Thanks so much ladies!!!

I would love to join this CAL.

:welcome its nice to have you here amoung the rest of us addicts :hook

:heart

:mug

:yay More totes! :hook

so if you use brown, it's Little Buster Brown. :lol:P

:rofl :rofl :rofl

:waving HI everyone starting my addiction tonight with my first one!! :lol sitting wondering what colors :lol

:yay............:welcome to the addiction!!!! :hook

heheheheeheeee... you got sucked in ..... cant wait to see pics!

:heart

:mug

I made this teal and turquoise bag for my mom for Mothers day, and after seeing the neapolitan bag with the flower I just had to add one to mom's bag.

Made a rose and added a shank and button (got that inspiration from Sue and the bag she did for me that had the button type things for shoes). The button is 7/8" and used the shank of my G hook to space between the button and rose when sewing them together then wrapped yarn around the stitches and f/o.

post-28494-135897655295_thumb.jpg

post-28494-135897655299_thumb.jpg

post-28494-135897655303_thumb.jpg

Here's my first and definitely not my last stash buster tote. Thanks Sue for a great pattern, very easy to follow along and very fast to work up. and for the giveaway, I might not have purchased the pattern yet, as I was reall tying to be good and finish my corner to corner.Once I saw the pattern in my email I didn't last much longer, hehe. :)

My tote is done in rhss ocean and turqua, I like the way it turned out. I haven't lined this one but I think I will other bags. I bought some clearance fabric from HL (I was about 3/4 of the way finished and already addicted and planning more):D:D

I like this one, but after seeing all the pretty ones posted here I am looking forward to playing around with color combinations. Thanks again for this CAL and the wonderfully addictive pattern.:clap

http://s346.photobucket.com/albums/p403/mva549308/?action=view&current=IMG_0417.jpg

http://s346.photobucket.com/albums/p403/mva549308/?action=view&current=IMG_0419.jpg

http://s346.photobucket.com/albums/p403/mva549308/?action=view&current=IMG_0424.jpg

I added my pics of the one I felted, before and after. Side to side it probably shrunk about 3 inches.

I throw mine in the washer (in the barn, top load) with the hottest water I can get it to put in. That washer works well then too, because it is right next to the hot water tank. I usually put a little bit of detergent and often throw in a towel or 2. I wash for 20 minutes. I know some will take out after 1/2 that and look to see how it looks. Some don't want them to felt as much. I want mine FELTED :lol I don't want to much see the stitches, some want more stitch definition.

Oh, I see. So they are not actually "felted" with felt material on the inside of the bag! LOL I thought y'all were taking felt and sewing it somehow on the inside of the bag :lol. Guess I take things too literal lol. Thanks, the next one I make I will try 'felting' it.

Wow Penny! What a great honor to deliver your nephew.:c9Congratulations :cheer:clap You have every right to brag.

BTW..What is a friendship square? And what the heck is a stork pin?

Lol thanks all for the congrats on my new nephew~ he is a little doll! and I am not just saying that cause he is mine, lol. A stork pin is a pin you get if you are an EMS for delivering a baby, like in the back of the ambulance. I am a RN and I did not deliver in the back of the ambulance, but I did deliver in the hospital of course with the midwife right there in case something went wrong, but she let me do it all! So, since the midwife knew I was a nurse she brought me a 'stork pin' to signify my accomplishment. :) I was proud of it and of course i cried!

Penny

Congratulations Aunt Penny!!!!:c9 How exciting!!!! A new little boy!!!!:yay And you got the Stork pin!!!:cheer You must be so thrilled !!!!:c9

Thanks a bunch! I am more than thrilled~

Penny

Here they are all felted!!

Kuddles bag

[ATTACH]38827[/ATTACH]

SBT

[ATTACH]38828[/ATTACH]

Each shrunk a few inches each way (height and width).

Cool, LOVE the felted bags! Im going to try what your Aunt Kuddles told you....:) cause we all know Aunties know best!

Penny

Archived