Shunky bag

ullenastar13

i made this bag as i wrote up the pattern it's felted. i use 5 skeins peruvian highland wool from www.elann.com (they have great sale prices) it's a bag that has a handle for over the shoulder that threads thru a smaller one to close it here's a pix of it closed....:hook

shunkybag2.jpg and a pix of it not closed shunkybag1.jpg

it's bigger at the bottom and smaller at the top..

the dimensions before felting

Across bottom 11 inches

Across the middle about 15 inches

From top of bag to bottom 12 inches

Across top of bag about 10 inches

and after felting

All the way around the middle 28 ½ inches

From top to bottom 9 ½ inches

Across the opening 4 ½ inches

Across the bottom 8 ½ inches

i submitted it to crochet me but it doesn't fit their look right now.. i was bummed :cry but i am going to keep designing and trying to submit things to them. they're great!

if you can't see the pix here's where i posted to it on my blog

:think so what do you think?

Your bag is really beautiful, I don't design and so I've never submitted anything to be published but I'm sure if you keep submitting it to different places someone will see what an asset it would be to their publication.........I say submit, submit, submit.....best of luck :clap

Also the stitch you used on the bag really give it a nice design

I absolutely love that bag! :manyheart The stitches you used looks great, I've never seen anything like it. I would love to make that bag. Like others have said, try submitting the pattern to other places. Best of luck! :cheer

I can't see why they didn't like your bag, I find it very original and I just love the design!

I agree with Mimi_mia, keep on submitting and keep on designing : you're gifted, don't give up the good work!

I dunno why, but I can't see the photos :( Could you post links to them?

OH could you see them in my blog? i posted a link to the post about the bag... http://starknits.blogspot.com/2005/08/im-deflectin-your-rejectin.html#comments

does that help? not sure if i know how to post links for just the photos... :think i'm still new at this stuff sorry :blush

OH could you see them in my blog? i posted a link to the post about the bag... http://starknits.blogspot.com/2005/08/im-deflectin-your-rejectin.html#comments

does that help? not sure if i know how to post links for just the photos... :think i'm still new at this stuff sorry :blush

Yay, I can see it on your blog! That's really neat; how did you get that pattern?

Archived