'Jessica' circular baby blanket for christening shawl

Hookerangel

My DD's friend recently had her first baby and asked my daughter to be Godmother. I have known this girl for years and as her mother is ill and isnt even really aware she has a new grand daughter (and this poor girl is her only daughter) I wanted her to have something special and personal to her for her baby's special day. I made this christening blanket for the occassion. It was made using Pearl DK yarn which is very shimmery and sparkly and a 5mm :hook. The new mum is really pleased with it and using it at the Christening tomorrow.

post-11507-135897635591_thumb.jpg

Thank you for taking the time to look:manyheart

Oh, my, this is absolutely AWESOME and GORGEOUS and BEAUTIFUL! You are such a wonderful person to step in and create this for her baby. They will both be wrapped in love and warmth from your caring ways.

Thank you all so much for your lovely comments. Andrea and baby Leah have just left - they called up to see us for a surprise visit! Baby Leah is adorable and I got to hold her and give her her bottle:c9.

RoseRed using the sparkly type yarn it measures 52inches approx.

thats so beautifull! is the pattern available anywhere? Im looking for a christening shawl pattern and that one is perfection! xx

cherrypicker I purchased the pattern on line from ebay. It was from Rebecca Leigh. She also has another pattern called the Buttercup and it is basically the same pattern - the only difference is the border

post-11507-135897635748_thumb.jpg

Archived