Skull Granny Square (6"x6"inches)

champygirl

Please send me a pm if you find any errors.

Enjoy!!! :hook
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Skull Granny Square
post-11825-135897630861_thumb.jpg
Copyright to champygirl February 21, 2011

Materials:

Worsted Weight yarn in 2 contrasting colors (Skull Color, Background Color)
Size H hook (5.00mm)
Yarn needle (to weave in ends)

Finish Size: 6”h x 6”w inches

Different Stitches:

1 dc in same ch3 space color changing to background color- Yarn over, insert hook in specified space, yarn over, pull up a loop, yarn over, pull thru 2 loops, yarn over with new color and pull thru last 2 loops on hook.

Directions:

Rnd 1: With Skull Color ch5, join with sl st to first chain to form ring, ch3, 2 dc in ring, ch3, 3 dc in ring, ch3, 8 dc in ring, join with sl st to top of beginning ch3.
(14dc, 2-ch3 spaces) (Beginning ch3 counts as dc)

Rnd 2: Sl st in each of the next 2 sts, sl st in next ch3 space, ch3, 7 dc in same ch3 space, skip next st, 3 dc in next st, skip next st, 7 dc in next ch3 space, 1 dc in same ch3 space color changing to Background Color, ch1, skip next 3 sts, (3 dc, ch3, 3 dc) all in next st, skip next st, work 1 dc in between skip st and next st, ch1, 1dc in between previous st and next st, skip next st, (3 dc, ch3, 3 dc) all in next st, ch1, join with sl st to top of beginning ch3.
(33dc, 3-ch1 spaces, 2-ch3 spaces) (Beginning ch3 counts as dc)

Rnd 3: Ch3, turn, 2 dc in ch1 space, ch1, skip next 3 dc, (3 dc, ch3, 3 dc) all in next ch3 space, ch1, skip next 4 sts, 3 dc in next ch1 space, ch1, skip next 4 sts, (3 dc, ch3, 3 dc) all in next ch3 space, ch1, skip next 3 sts, 3 dc in next ch1 space, ch1, skip next 4 sts, (3 dc, ch3, 3 dc) all in front loops only (loop that’s towards you) of next st, ch1, skip next 4 sts, 3 dc in front loop only of next st, ch1, skip next 4 sts, (3 dc, ch3, 3 dc) all in front loop only of next st, ch1, skip next 3 sts, join with sl st to top of beginning ch3.
(36dc, 8-ch1 spaces, 4-ch3 spaces)

Rnd 4: Ch3, turn, 2 dc in ch1 space, ch1, skip next 3 sts, (3 dc, ch3, 3 dc) all in next ch3 space, {[ch1, skip next ch3 spaces, 3 dc in next ch1 space] Do this 2 times, ch1, skip next 3 sts, (3 dc, ch3, 3 dc) all in next ch3 space} Do this 3 times, ch1, skip next 3 dc, 3 dc in next ch1 space, ch1, skip next 2 sts, join with sl st to top of beginning ch3.
(48dc, 12-ch1 spaces, 4-ch3 spaces) (Beginning ch3 counts as dc)

Rnd 5: Ch1, 1 hdc in same st as joining, 1 hdc in each of the next 2 sts, 1 hdc in next ch1 space, 1 hdc in each of the next 3 sts, (2 hdc, ch2, 2 hdc) all in next ch3 space, {1 hdc in each of the next 3 sts, [1 hdc in next ch1 space, 1 hdc in each of the next 3 sts] Do this 3 times, (2 hdc, ch2, 2 hdc) all in next ch3 space}Do this 3 times, [1 hdc in each of the next 3 sts, 1 hdc in next ch1 space] Do this 2 times, join with sl st to first hdc,
(76 hdc, 4-ch2 spaces)

Finish off and weave in ends.

Enjoy!!!!

Copyright to Amelia Beebe AKA champygirl February 21, 2011. Do not claim this pattern as your own and do not sell the pattern. It is free for a reason. Do not copy and paste pattern to another website, please use a link. You can do whatever you want with the finish item you make. You can sell the finish item, or make it for charity, or make it as a gift. Whatever floats your boat. If you do sell the item online, do not use my photo, make your own and take a picture of that.

I love this and am soooo going to have to give it a try. I already have colors in mind and have been wracking my brain for an afghan for my 16 year old daughter and right now skulls are her thing....perfect:)

I bought the yarn for this today....blacks and reds....those are my 16 year old daughters favorite colors...I can't wait to see how it turns out and will post pictures of my progress:)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi champygirl - your skull granny square is brilliant. I've made one square using Stylecraft special dk and a 4mm hook. It was calling out to be made :) and it measured 5" by 5". I'm going to be using this pattern when Halloween comes around. Even the skull could be used on its own as a motif. Thanks cg.

• 3 weeks later...

This is great! I love that you made the typical hole of the granny square represent something in this case; that's creative as all get out.

Now if I can only think of something to do with it, given that my fiance is almost constantly hot and doesn't like to "wear" yarn because of that. I made him a blanket a few years back and it had to be treble crochet so it would "breathe" for him.

The only mistake I made was to make it with Red Heart so it itches him. I knew so little of yarn differences then.

I wish you'd put all your patterns in an ebook. I'd gladly pay for it to have all of them together in one spot.

You're pretty doggone amazing! :clap

• 1 month later...

Archived