Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good morning, peeps:hug

Just dropping by to ask for prayers for my mom. My brother just called and said she had a stroke today. My sister in law is still at the hospital with her, so he didn't really have any details. Apparently she fell at home and my dad couldn't help her up so they called an ambulance. (My mom is a very small person, so her weakness must have been pretty bad.) My brother says she is able to speak though.

Your mom and all of you have my prayers, hon:hug:manyheart

Speaking is a good sign...and with the fall...you have to wonder, which came first: the fall or the stroke/seizure:think

Thanks Dusti and Marisa. I just talked to my Dad, and he says my mom is moving all her limbs and talking, although her speech is a bit slurred. My sister in law says that she looks quite a bit better than she did earlier today.

My parents are about 250 miles from here, but my brother lives only a few miles from them. If things stay the same, I will go there to check things out this weekend, but if she gets worse, I will call off work on Friday and go sooner.

Good night everyone.

Good that your brother is there!!

We should get thunderstorms all day here and am just waiting for it to start. It's so dark outside it almost looks like morning forgot to come :think:lol

That's the weather coming our way around lunchtime:P

scratch that...it's here now!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aw, Wrennie, that's sad to see the poor bird like that.:(

Yesterday we got some flowers for the yard - 2 hanging baskets, too. One is a scarlet red begonia. I told hubby I wanted red in the hopes of attracting hummingbirds. I saw one through my office window a year or two ago, hovering over a red geranium on my front patio.

Years ago I filled out a form for the WWF...and got our yard certified asa Wildlife Habitat...we have all the things the birds and critters need...

have to run - need to do a couple of things here before heading to a friend's for a short visit - and then the food store...

Later, gators:hug

Morning House, it's just started pouring here in New Jersey. I'm sitting here waiting for my lil grandbaby to arrive and decided to come in and say hello to the House. I haven't gotten far in reading the posts for again they are numerous.

Cindy - sorry to hear about your Mom I will keep her in my prayers. :hug

Well the baby has arrive so I have to run I will try to return later and try to get back into what's happening around the 'Ville, which seem to be alot. So here's a HUG for today. :hug

Hi ladies

Quick stop in .I will try to be short .

I got Bronchitis --back in the hospital--all asthma drugs stopped and a whole new list to try .

$$$$$$$$$ --- ridiculous .

Been fighting depression again due to all of this.

Getting VERY discouraged .

Didnt want to come in to moan to you guys once again,so havent posted,emailed, anything.

Just closed up my turtle shell and taken cover .

Will post again when I can begin back where I left off and respond .

I DID see some of the last posts wishing Marlene a Happy birthday,so will get that in this post .

Will be in again when I get the gumption .:(

Judy - I'm still waiting for the rain here :shrug Now the sun keeps going in and out :think Only time will tell.

Cheeria - I hope your darlings don't get too wet when they're coming in :xfin

Julie - Oh boy, oh boy missy :hug :hug Well, of course you know we're here for you either way :hug :hug And we all know that you like to be left along when dealing with things, so don't worry, we'll continue to be here holding down the fort and will be waiting patiently for your return :wink Sending you out some prayers and positive thoughts :ghug

:cake:birthday

Marlene :cake

It's so lucky for your grandchildren that you are able to spend so much quality, bonding time with them. I am sure you will like getting back to your own house for the next week, but the children are going to miss you.

Morning, All :)

Temps are supposed to be in the high 50s, today. My laundry is finished for the week, so I cannot hang that outside, but I plan on tossing the rug from the entryway and bathroom out on the deck to dry and get some fresh air. Linda and Toni, I hope you were spared during these awful, strong storms. To Judy, Marisa, Wrennie, Cheeria, and others on the east coast, stay safe and good luck staying dry :rain

Marisa ~ I just love your Granny Go-round Tote! The color is fabulous. May I ask what yarn you used? Lucky SIL :yes

Mary ~ Good luck with your garage sale this weekend. I hope LOTS sells and your hard work is appreciated.

Cindy ~ No news this morning must mean that your mom had a calm night. :hugThinking of you all. I'll bet you did not sleep much last night...Take care.

Joanne ~ Hope you made it to work on time this morning. Isn't it funny how quickly that departure time hits, sometimes. Our morning was going smoothly, nothing out-of-the-ordinary, but when I looked at the clock, it was 7:15. "Time to hustle." The girls made it to school on time, and they were even giggling as they got out of the car, so it ended up being alright that we were a bit rushed. Hope you have a good day in Paradise :rainbow

Wrennie ~ I do not think I know what a rose breasted grosbeak looks like, but it sounds pretty :lol And, I am all in favor of any sign of spring! Enjoy your hummingbird and other feathered friends. I hope the severs storms go right around your area.

Judy ~ Stay safe. Hope you do not have tornado warnings up that far north. You do not, usually, do you? :think Your neighbor must have been happy with the blankets you had ready for the NICU, they were all very pretty.

Julie ~ Hang in there, Hon :hug I hope those doctors can get you breathing more comfortably, soon! We'll be here to catch you, when you are ready to visit Our House, again. Thinking of you.

Well, I finished Annika's hat last night, and I like the Red Heart Shimmer yarn in Hot Pink that I am using. I, finally, made a hat that was not too snug, but it was a tad too deep (:think), and the brim covered her nose. Oops. I had not woven in the ends, yet, so I'll back up a few rounds, make the brim, again, and have it ready for Photo Friday.

Talk to you all, later :manyheart

•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•

::: (\_(\ ...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*

*: (=' :') :::::::: Good Morning House :::::::::::

•.. (,('')('')¤...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*... *...*

¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸

Hope all is well with everyone!!!

just wanted to pop in and say :hi HI and let you all know I'm still around.. just been busy!

Cindy.......... :mdustPraying:mdust for your mom!!!!!!! :hug

Julie......... sweetie....... dont hide.. come talk to us... get it out....... darlin' I know for a fact being here with you gals has kept me going with all that has gone on around here. love ya hon! :hug

Marlene............. :bday

I have a few chariry items I need to mail out... a giveaway that is long over due... and tote bags/purses I've been designing trying to get patterns written up clearly!

showing off....

totes I've tested..........

post-18634-135897653804_thumb.jpg

Totes I've designed.......

post-18634-13589765381_thumb.jpg

Hope everyones Easter was fantastic!

:heart

:mug

post-18634-135897653787_thumb.jpg

post-18634-135897653796_thumb.jpg

post-18634-1358976538_thumb.jpg

post-18634-135897653807_thumb.jpg

Hi Tam :waving What lovely work you do!!! I adore both patterns that you have designed, but the sage green (my computer monitor may show the color waaaay off from what you used :lol) one on the left is gorgeous. Will you let us know when/if you have it ready for purchase? I think I need that pattern :devil Hope you and your family are safe and dry this week :hug

Judy ~ Stay safe. Hope you do not have tornado warnings up that far north. You do not, usually, do you? :think Your neighbor must have been happy with the blankets you had ready for the NICU, they were all very pretty.

We hardly EVER get tornado warnings around here, though NYC got one last year I think...our beig adventure can be hurricane season if they come up the East coast.

•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•

::: (\_(\ ...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*

*: (=' :') :::::::: Good Morning House :::::::::::

•.. (,('')('')¤...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*... *...*

¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸

Hope all is well with everyone!!!

just wanted to pop in and say :hi HI and let you all know I'm still around.. just been busy!

Julie......... sweetie....... dont hide.. come talk to us... get it out....... darlin' I know for a fact being here with you gals has kept me going with all that has gone on around here. love ya hon! :hug

Marlene............. :bday

I have a few chariry items I need to mail out... a giveaway that is long over due... and tote bags/purses I've been designing trying to get patterns written up clearly!

showing off....

[ATTACH]38605[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]38606[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]38607[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]38608[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]38609[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]38610[/ATTACH]

Hope everyones Easter was fantastic!

Gorgeous totes!!!:cheer

*~GOOOOOD MORNING/AFTERNOON/DAY GIRLS~* --- I'm not as fancy as Tam but I can sure try, right! :0)

Just a quick---jump in here and say HI to all ov you!! I miss ya'! Work has been crazy busy and then it's time to leave and go home to finish getting everything done! PLUS--SWATH my friggn lawn in between the rain storms again!

---HOPEFULLY NONE OF YOU HAVE BEEN CAUGHT UP IN THE WILD WEATHER--

showing off....

[ATTACH]38605[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]38606[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]38607[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]38608[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]38609[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]38610[/ATTACH]

Thanks.

Your totes look great, and I really love both the ones you designed.

~Cindy honey~---Prayers for your mom!! Hugs too!

~*Tam*~.......I can PM you my address for one of your totes---you said you were doing a "giveaway" weren't you?? lol---- LOVE EM!! GREAT WORK and love the color choices!

~~ Julie~~......what am I going to do with you?......Do I need to send you one of my doilies????..........hehehehe.......Get feeling better honey!

~*Marissa-*~--love your bag girlie!

Who was talking about the baby birdie.......awwwww------I tried to nurse a lamb once and the dang thing died on me! They are all born in the early Spring and we ALWAYS get a couple ugly storms that get freezing rain and snow and then a lot of them die.

~*Dusti*~---I'm excited to see your cute lil hat! I'm the hat makin queen! I LOVE to make beanies of all sorts- I am making my friend who flys in TODAY and her lil family from Austraila cute lil hats--the kids I'm makin the Owl hats! I'm excited.

Dusti

Can't wait to see your hat with the new yarn .It sounds really pretty . Pink is one of my favorite colors .

Tam

You are my inspiration ,little missie . When I grow up, I wanna be you . I think you have so much to teach us all -- no matter what life throws at you, you catch it and keep on moving .

I like all your totes -- I'm with Dusti--the green one with the shells is so pretty ! I like them all but it wins for my favorite too .

Kiyo

Glad you will have your far-away friends coming to visit. I hope you have a good time and that is nice of you to make them hats-- they will love them and treasure them I'm sure .

Thanks for the doily offer, but as old as I am, I'd lay it our on an end table ,so if you plan on making one of YOUR doilies (*) it wouldnt be used for it's proper purpose . .

Lol----Julie, I wouldn't care how you used it----you could DUST with it, lay it on your pillow as if it were a prize doily......over the back of a chair.............lolllllllllll ......can't promise what people would think if they came over, but HEY!! It would be good laughs!

Hi, Kiyo! Yay for a job that keeps you busy...I hated boring jobs when I was young.

Hey, Jules! How's the embroidery coming on th elap quilt?

I'm working...slowly...on my wrap. It's a joy to work on, even if working with the thread has slowed me down from my usual breakneck pace. I managed a couple of rows in one sitting this afternoon and I was picking up speed - and remembering the repeat, so didn't have to check the pattern.

If it didn't interefere with holding a wine glass and chips I would probably bring it to book club tonight:lol

Back in a bit....

HI ALL!!!!!!!!!:clap

Cindy-:hug hope your mom is doing ok!

Julie-:hug sorry to hear you're under the weather but we are here for you whenever!

Marlene-:bday:cake

Just caught up on all the posts since I've been gone! Camping was fun, it only rained one day and it wasn't very heavy. Need to catch up on my daily stuff since I had to go to work the day after we got home and was to tired to bother with anything.:lol

Baseball game tonight, chili is in the crock-pot and I need to go get ready to deal with a bunch of 6 and 7 year olds!

Have a great night!:hug:manyheart

Hi everyone!

I've been praying for all those affected by these terrible storms!!! Toni and Linda- hope we hear from you soon!:yes

Tammy- WOW, what can I say- ALL the totes are GORGEOUS!!!!:manyheart You really do inspire- with all the craziness and everything- you somehow keep it together and I love, love, love your positive outlook!!!! Thank you for that!!!:hug

Judy- Have fun at your book club tonight- enjoy the wine!!! I feel like I could have a glass tonight- it was another BUSy day in Paradise- but I'll wait until tomorrow night to unwind a bit!!! Tonight I'll start tote #4!!!:clap

Trish- Glad to hear you had a good time camping:)

Dusti- I can't wait to see the pic of the hat you made!!!

Julie- I'm so happy that you posted! I know you like to get under your turtle shell, and I respect that, but I hope you know we are all here for each other- through good times and bad times!!!:hug

Marlene! :bday:birthday:cake:bday Hope you are having a wonderful day.

Mary1- Thanks for letting us all know that it was Marlene's Birthday today

Cheeria- Glad you stopped in- see you Saturday!!!

LeAnna- keeping DH/his bro/nephew in my prayers!

Tab- Was thinking of you today- how are things going?

Wrennie- You really do love your birds. That's great that you saw a hummingbird! But sorry about the other bird! (the name escapes me and of course I'm posting from memory here:lol)

Cindy- I hope that your Mom is continuing to do ok- and that your Dad has listened to you and will keep you informed if anything changes!!

Marisa- Hope your day in Paradise went by quickly. We had a big storm pass through while I was at work!! Glad it was over before the drive home- there was some flooding on Rt18, but on the northbound side- and it was almost gone- and luckily I was traveling southbound!!!

Here's a pic of Stashbuster Tote #4 and another baby blanket

post-27163-1358976539_thumb.jpg

post-27163-135897653904_thumb.jpg

Hey ladies, on my nook so not going to do individuals but just wanted to check in.

I do need to comment on tam and joannes great work. Love both of your creations tam and am interested to know when they're available.

Hi Ladies,

This is my third time starting this and I keep losing it. Laptops are so touchy.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes! Maya called me first thing this morning. She asked me is if I was going to do anything special. I said no. She said I could go get my nails done. Tonight she called and I was having cake and she asked if I would save her a piece of my cake. I said yes I will freeze some for her. Payton and Jocelyn made me a card at school. DS bought me a cake and a cute card that plays the chicken dance. I love it. I like playing all those stuffed animals at holiday time.

Linda and Toni, I hope you are safe and we will here from you soon!

Julie, Sorry your sick and was in the hospital again. We will be here when you feel up to coming back. :hug:hug

Tam, Those are beautiful bags! I really like the ones you designed.

Joanne, Love the bag and the baby blanket!

Wrennie, I love the signs of spring: birds, flowers and the buds on the trees turning to leaves.

Good morning and Welcome to Friday!!!! This will be quick since I 'slept in' this morning!!!

Glad to hear you had a nice birthday Marlene!!!!

Off to get ready for Paradise- praying for all who need it and hoping to see a post from Toni and Linda when I get home tonight!:hug:hug

Archived