Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Just a pop in....we had a long day so I'm going to relax now. Hugs to all of you and I wish you a Blessed Easter.....CU all tomorrow sometime.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I got a couple of sweaters at the thrift store and 3 hanging bud vase/ rooting 'jars' that need wire or chain to hang with, some buttons, a bar of soap and a little vase with birds& flowers on it thats going in my 'extras' box for swaps.

I thought that might be what a saltine was, a small square, but I wasn't sure. I'll have to go look at that thread.

I got some hats finished up to send to Kiyo. Oh, shoot, I forgot to take a picture of the scarves. These are quick which is a nice way to break it up between lapghans etc.

Great buys at the thrift store and beautiful hats!

I got the first scarf crocheted (still have the tails to weave in) and started a second. This one is in purple and lavendar.

I made a ham/potato/cheese soup for our supper.

Good afternoon, Friends :manyheart

I have been working all day, but I think we are ready for Easter :yay. The weather has been icky and damp for the past number of days, so the girls and I decided to run away from home and go shopping. "Shopping" to the munchkins means strolling the aisles of JoAnn's and 'petting' the soft, sample swatches hanging from the display racks :lol Haven't I taught them well?!? Of course, we picked up a few things there, but I did not need much -- 5"x5"x5" foam blocks for a baby shower gift, a skein of Patons Classic in denim to edge a purse, and some felt squares for the girls to use in whatever way they wish while I fuss with dinner preparations ;). We ran through Target and Wal-mart, trying to find cheap jelly beans. Can you believe that both stores seemed sold out or as if they were already cleaning off their shelves? One of our guests tomorrow, has a HUGE sweet tooth, so we wanted to set jellybeans around for him to munch on. Well, today, we made a substitute treat -- concoction of crushed graham craskers, peanut butter and vanilla extract molded into small eggs and dipped into melted chocolate (tasty!!!) If I do not eat too many of the little, addictive, candies, they will work for our guest :yes Let's see, the girls and I ate out at Perkin's and came home around 6. It was a full day, with a lot of getting-into-and-out-of the car, but they were good sports.

Today, they colored, dyed, sticker-ed, and made fancy eggs for the Easter Bunny to hide. I did as much prep work for tomorrow's dinner as I could. My ham is in the crockpot insert and ready to cook, tomorrow. AuGratin potatoes and broccoli-cheese mini quiches are already made. I will pop them in the oven for 20 min to re-heat. The carrot cake is baked, stacked and frosted. I will make cloverleaf rolls tomorrow, after our brunch. Dinner is set for 5 pm. We are having 4 of my DH's co-workers join us. Even though DH will not be here, I wanted to feed any of the young guys that were not planning to go home to their families for the holiday. One of the guys is married, and he is bringing his wife. It will be fun to play "Mom" to all of them. We are making edible placecards, which will be a good project to keep the girls amused after tomorrow's nap :D

I wish you all a blessed Easter. Thank you for being here for me :hug

Hey ladies :hi

I had my easter pie last night and it was wonderful :yes It's a filling mixture of eggs, ham, pepperoni, sausage, and a few cheeses inside a pie crust :droolSounds really yummy!!!

Today I worked on my map and got it finished :clap:yay Now I have to try to narrow down the different areas and check out the demographics :yes Congratulations on getting that big project completed. You must feel a big sigh of relief!!!!

Just a pop in....we had a long day so I'm going to relax now. Hugs to all of you and I wish you a Blessed Easter.....CU all tomorrow sometime.
Gee, I wonder if you are watching the Yankees now? :cheer

I got the first scarf crocheted (still have the tails to weave in) and started a second. This one is in purple and lavendar. I love those two colors together:manyheart

I know my DH would love that, but I won't make it since I won't enable him to have any more sodium than he already sneaks in!:lol

Well I made a double batch of the scones today (the other batch was already polished off, and I still had 4 more bananas). This time I substituted dried cranberries for half of the chocolate chips. Very good, but next time I think I'll still with the original amount of chocolate chips and increase the amount of cranberries.
They sound so yummy!!!

I have been working all day, but I think we are ready for Easter :yay. The weather has been icky and damp for the past number of days, so the girls and I decided to run away from home and go shopping. "Shopping" to the munchkins means strolling the aisles of JoAnn's and 'petting' the soft, sample swatches hanging from the display racks :lol Haven't I taught them well?!? Of course, we picked up a few things there, but I did not need much -- 5"x5"x5" foam blocks for a baby shower gift, a skein of Patons Classic in denim to edge a purse, and some felt squares for the girls to use in whatever way they wish while I fuss with dinner preparations ;). We ran through Target and Wal-mart, trying to find cheap jelly beans. Can you believe that both stores seemed sold out or as if they were already cleaning off their shelves? One of our guests tomorrow, has a HUGE sweet tooth, so we wanted to set jellybeans around for him to munch on. Well, today, we made a substitute treat -- concoction of crushed graham craskers, peanut butter and vanilla extract molded into small eggs and dipped into melted chocolate (tasty!!!) If I do not eat too many of the little, addictive, candies, they will work for our guest :yes Let's see, the girls and I ate out at Perkin's and came home around 6. It was a full day, with a lot of getting-into-and-out-of the car, but they were good sports.

Today, they colored, dyed, sticker-ed, and made fancy eggs for the Easter Bunny to hide. I did as much prep work for tomorrow's dinner as I could. My ham is in the crockpot insert and ready to cook, tomorrow. AuGratin potatoes and broccoli-cheese mini quiches are already made. I will pop them in the oven for 20 min to re-heat. The carrot cake is baked, stacked and frosted. I will make cloverleaf rolls tomorrow, after our brunch. Dinner is set for 5 pm. We are having 4 of my DH's co-workers join us. Even though DH will not be here, I wanted to feed any of the young guys that were not planning to go home to their families for the holiday. One of the guys is married, and he is bringing his wife. It will be fun to play "Mom" to all of them. We are making edible placecards, which will be a good project to keep the girls amused after tomorrow's nap :D

What a full day you and your girls had today!!! I'm tired thinking about it- and your dinner tomorrow sounds wonderful. I'm just making a roast beef (I won't make ham due to high sodium) some small red potatoes, asparagus (for DH) and carrots for DD and I. I would love to make lamb but DH doesn't like it.

I ran out after dinner to go to VS to get "the girls" some new support holders- ;) Also got my free pair of "doilies":lol Now, finally, I'm going to sit and :crocheting

Have a good night everyone!

:rabbit:sheepjump:1sheep:ducky Happy Easter!!!

Good morning house!!

Mary2- Do we have some new bunnies for Easter?

Hope you all have a wonderful relaxing day! I finished my 2nd Stash buster tote last night and have about 3 rounds left on the baby blanket. :yay

I put plenty of coffee on to go around and I'm going to go grab myself a cup right now!

:hug

:rabbitHappy Easter morning :rabbit

Thank you for the coffee this a.m., Joanne, I am enjoying a cup right now :mug Littlest Miss has been looking forward to the Easter Bunny's visit all week, and, needless to say, she was up at 6 this morning, just to make sure he had been here. It was so cute last night, I just have to tell you: You have heard me whine about all of the rain we have been getting, right? Well, before bedtime, Annika was quizzing me as to what size of feet I thought the Bunny had. :blink I told her they were probably closer to my size than DH's :shrug "Oh, good," she tells me, "Because, you do not wear your slippers a lot, anyway." :think The next thing I know, my slippers are out by the front door, with a note on them for the Bunny. "Dear Easter Bunny, You can wear Mommy's slippers in the house, and then keep them to keep your paws from getting muddy in our driveway. Have a nice Easter. Do you like Cadbury Eggs as much as I do? Love, A." :rofl (Good thing I bought Cadbury eggs for her basket :whew) So, last night, in addition to wrapping their presents, filling and hiding their Easter baskets, and thinking about where I would hide 2 dozen eggs this morning, I had to go out to the driveway, bring in some mud to use to make bunny paw prints on the floor of the front entry, and then I wrote a thank you note for the 1st pair of slippers the Bunny has ever received. :lol All in a day's work -- DH is going to be chuckling, when we call and tell him this morning.

So, that is how our day is going. I returned Annika to bed, after a stop at the potty, I assured her the Bunny had visited, and that we would hunt for eggs, when Kyri wakes up, at 8 -- not before!!! (mean Mommy :P) Now, I am off for a re-fill. If the pot is empty, I'll make another for the next wave of House guests.

Have a good Sunday, All :manyheart

I had my easter pie last night and it was wonderful :yes It's a filling mixture of eggs, ham, pepperoni, sausage, and a few cheeses inside a pie crust :drool

mmmmm, that sounds good!

Today I worked on my map and got it finished :clap:yay Now I have to try to narrow down the different areas and check out the demographics :yes

Great hats Wrennie :manyheartThanks

Another question on the parsley because I don't want to go back, but did you say to pinch of the shoot and it'll keep growing/coming back?

By pinching the shoot it wont set a flower and therefore seed so it will keep producing parsley leaves. It wont be as abundant in leaves as last year but it will still produce. Chuck it/compost it at years end because it wont be worth messing with if it survives at all after next winter.

Great buys at the thrift store and beautiful hats!

All that stuff for $3!! And the cardigan is an LLBean. *score*

I got the first scarf crocheted (still have the tails to weave in) and started a second. This one is in purple and lavendar.

Lots of purple going on in here. I like it! :yay

That sounds yuymmy. I picked up some leeks at the farmstand yesterday. I'm going to make potato leek soup sometime today.

I ran out after dinner to go to VS to get "the girls" some new support holders- ;) Also got my free pair of "doilies":lol Now, finally, I'm going to sit and :crocheting

:lol:lol:lol

:rabbit:sheepjump:1sheep:ducky Happy Easter!!!

Happy Easter!

Dusti, I am all tired out from reading your post!

Thank you for the coffee this a.m., Joanne, I am enjoying a cup right now :mug Littlest Miss has been looking forward to the Easter Bunny's visit all week, and, needless to say, she was up at 6 this morning, just to make sure he had been here. It was so cute last night, I just have to tell you: You have heard me whine about all of the rain we have been getting, right? Well, before bedtime, Annika was quizzing me as to what size of feet I thought the Bunny had. :blink I told her they were probably closer to my size than DH's :shrug "Oh, good," she tells me, "Because, you do not wear your slippers a lot, anyway." :think The next thing I know, my slippers are out by the front door, with a note on them for the Bunny. "Dear Easter Bunny, You can wear Mommy's slippers in the house, and then keep them to keep your paws from getting muddy in our driveway. Have a nice Easter. Do you like Cadbury Eggs as much as I do? Love, A." :rofl (Good thing I bought Cadbury eggs for her basket :whew) So, last night, in addition to wrapping their presents, filling and hiding their Easter baskets, and thinking about where I would hide 2 dozen eggs this morning, I had to go out to the driveway, bring in some mud to use to make bunny paw prints on the floor of the front entry, and then I wrote a thank you note for the 1st pair of slippers the Bunny has ever received. :lol All in a day's work -- DH is going to be chuckling, when we call and tell him this morning.

So, that is how our day is going. I returned Annika to bed, after a stop at the potty, I assured her the Bunny had visited, and that we would hunt for eggs, when Kyri wakes up, at 8 -- not before!!! (mean Mommy :P) Now, I am off for a re-fill. If the pot is empty, I'll make another for the next wave of House guests.

Awww, very thoughtful of Annika!

Happy Easter, peeps!:)

Oh, does that ever sound good!!!:c9

I'm exhausted reading about your day!:eek

The slipper story for the Easter Bunny was too cute! Your mind works like my DH. One Christmas he used his big boots to make sooty footprints from the chimney to the tree. Our son stood there, his mouth open, in the morning!

Joanne, your VS purchases sound so nice:D

I thoroughly enjoyed the Yankee game! The seemed to have benefited from the extra rest.

And lamb is an acquired taste. When MIL was hosting Easter she would cook a huge leg of lamb. When I look at a half one these days I feel like I need to take out a loan for it....but I don't mind....I'd be a vegan is I lived on a farm.....we drove throughPennsylvania yesterday and seeing the lambs and cows...well, it makes me always think.

OK, now that I've spoiled everyone's appetite...:lol:lol:lol

Anywho - DS will be over, but mid afternoon, so no rush here, tg.

Dusti- What a wonderful story!!! I just love what children come up with!! I'm sure your DH is going to love it too!!! Enjoy your day!!!!:hug

Happy Easter, peeps!:)

Oh, does that ever sound good!!!:c9

I'm exhausted reading about your day!:eek

The slipper story for the Easter Bunny was too cute! Your mind works like my DH. One Christmas he used his big boots to make sooty footprints from the chimney to the tree. Our son stood there, his mouth open, in the morning!

Joanne, your VS purchases sound so nice:D It is nice to have some new pretties!!!

I thoroughly enjoyed the Yankee game! The seemed to have benefited from the extra rest. I agree and can't wait to see if they saved up any offense for today's afternoon game!

And lamb is an acquired taste. When MIL was hosting Easter she would cook a huge leg of lamb. When I look at a half one these days I feel like I need to take out a loan for it....but I don't mind....I'd be a vegan is I lived on a farm.....we drove throughPennsylvania yesterday and seeing the lambs and cows...well, it makes me always think.

OK, now that I've spoiled everyone's appetite...:lol:lol:lol

Anywho - DS will be over, but mid afternoon, so no rush here, tg.

Yes, lamb is an acquired taste and when my mother was alive, she always made a leg of lamb for Easter - my favorite part was left-overs- curried lamb on toast!! I do miss it, and I think the next time I trek to Boston, I'll buy a small one and make it since my DD loves it! Now to remember to do that!:lol

My youngest won't be here till about 3 so we have a nice relaxing morning here on the home front.

Figured I'd take a pic of the 2nd stash buster tote I finished while the sun is out! I'm giving it to a co-worker who is new to the :crocheting world and has been going through a difficult time with some personal things lately. I'm going to fill it with a few skeins of yarn from my stash.

Wrennie- Potato Leek soup is delicious- it sounds wonderful!!! Enjoy your day and thanks for the tips on the parsley- even though I didn't ask, I'll pass it on to my middle DD who last year did a rooftop garden and this year will be participating in a community garden in the city where she lives.

post-27163-135897652501_thumb.jpg

post-18634-135897652506_thumb.jpg

♥░░░░(¯`´¯)░░░♥░░░░(¯`´¯)░░░░░░♥

..(\(\..../)/) Happy Easter to all my Family & Friends...

..( '.')....('.' ) Have fun and Stay Safe

o(_")").(“(“_)o.

”˜˜”*°•. ˜”*°••° ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

...............♥░░░░(¯`´¯)░░░♥░░░░(¯`´¯)░░░

[ATTACH]38438[/ATTACH]

♥░░░░(¯`´¯)░░░♥░░░░(¯`´¯)░░░░░░♥

..(\(\..../)/) Happy Easter to all my Family & Friends...

..( '.')....('.' ) Have fun and Stay Safe

o(_")").(“(“_)o.

”˜˜”*°•. ˜”*°••° ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

...............♥░░░░(¯`´¯)░░░♥░░░░(¯`´¯)░░░

Tammy- Same to you!!! Those eggs are so cute- and the art squiggles- :manyheart them!!!!

Good morning, housemates. Finally, we have sun! John got home last night at 11:00 so I got to sleep the night through in my own bed. I'll be going to church for Easter services with John and Rosie in a bit.

Hope everyone has a Blessed Easter.

The second scarf is a little over a third done. My hands hurt too much yesterday to do a lot of crocheting. They are much better today. The weather front finally moved out. Yay!!!!

The soup I made really wasn't all that salty. It actually had a slightly sweet taste. At the last minute I added peas and sweet corn to it so it was really healthy. Kim scarfed it down.

Sounds like a very busy but fun day. The menu for tomorrow sounds absolutely delicious.

Love the footprints on the porch touch, Dusti.

Yes, lamb is an acquired taste and when my mother was alive, she always made a leg of lamb for Easter - my favorite part was left-overs- curried lamb on toast!! I do miss it, and I think the next time I trek to Boston, I'll buy a small one and make it since my DD loves it! Now to remember to do that!:lol

My youngest won't be here till about 3 so we have a nice relaxing morning here on the home front.

Figured I'd take a pic of the 2nd stash buster tote I finished while the sun is out! I'm giving it to a co-worker who is new to the :crocheting world and has been going through a difficult time with some personal things lately. I'm going to fill it with a few skeins of yarn from my stash.

Wrennie- Potato Leek soup is delicious- it sounds wonderful!!! Enjoy your day and thanks for the tips on the parsley- even though I didn't ask, I'll pass it on to my middle DD who last year did a rooftop garden and this year will be participating in a community garden in the city where she lives.

Beautiful tote! :clap :clap Have a wonderful day.

Happy Easter everyone. :flower:rabbit

Dusti ~ I love the stories about your girls...very cute!

Joanne ~ Your tote is wonderful!

We have to be downtown at 11 for brunch. I can't wait to see Luke at the petting zoo. :lol We had our own zoo this a.m. - Gracie carried a baby possum to the patio and was flipping it in the air!! DH wrapped it in a towel and put it behind our fence where there is a wooded area. Never a dull moment around here. :lol

I hope you all have a great day!

Good morning. Went to church this morning and then visited the in-laws for an hour. Ham is in the oven, and dd is in the kitchen making apple crisp.

Yesterday afternoon dh and I went over to Lake Michigan. We tried out dh's new camera on the lighthouses we saw. We went to Muskegon and Grand Haven, both cities on the lake, and each of them has a paved walking trail that runs along the lake, so we ended up waling a few miles. It was a little cool by the water, but it was quite a nice day otherwise. On our way home we stopped and visited with DD and family. (I managed to win a game of animal bingo! Luckily the grandsons are in it for the fun of playing, and don't mind if Grandma wins.)

I skimmed posts, but undoubtedly missed something.

Wrennie, your hats look great, and so does your tote, Joanne.

Dusti, your story about your girls is priceless. I bet your dh is sorry to have missed it.

I'm still working on that hat, all that BPDC is tedious!

great church service this morning! Had breakfast with DH and I..just the 2 of us. That doesn't happen very often as usually there are friends or kids or someone else with :D

Had a great rabbit show yesterday in spite of having to get up at 4am to get there. Many went over on Friday night and got stuck in a 3 hour delay because of a major accident on Snoqualmie Pass. THE major freeway/mtn pass from E to W Washington. Glad I missed that :D

Good morning. Went to church this morning and then visited the in-laws for an hour. Ham is in the oven, and dd is in the kitchen making apple crisp.

Yesterday afternoon dh and I went over to Lake Michigan. We tried out dh's new camera on the lighthouses we saw. We went to Muskegon and Grand Haven, both cities on the lake, and each of them has a paved walking trail that runs along the lake, so we ended up waling a few miles. It was a little cool by the water, but it was quite a nice day otherwise. On our way home we stopped and visited with DD and family. (I managed to win a game of animal bingo! Luckily the grandsons are in it for the fun of playing, and don't mind if Grandma wins.)

I'm still working on that hat, all that BPDC is tedious!

It sounds like you're having a great weekend!

And I know about those BPDC's...that's what made me sure I would never make the hat - even though it's cute!

great church service this morning! Had breakfast with DH and I..just the 2 of us. That doesn't happen very often as usually there are friends or kids or someone else with :D

Had a great rabbit show yesterday in spite of having to get up at 4am to get there. Many went over on Friday night and got stuck in a 3 hour delay because of a major accident on Snoqualmie Pass. THE major freeway/mtn pass from E to W Washington. Glad I missed that :D

Sounds like another great weekend here! Peaceful is nice:c9

We had DS over...and called our friend (the same guy who had major back operations 1 1/2 years ago) and he was at loose ends, so we just set out another plate. It was a good day. The food came out good, even if my timing was off - as usual:lol

And my Yankees won....despite Mariano blowing ANOTHER save:think

It was a good day overall. We were even able to sit outside for part of the day.

Off to attach the GSs that now have all the ends woven in!

Have a good night, my friends. CU tomorrow sometime.:hug:manyheart

Happy Easter everyone. :flower:rabbit

We have to be downtown at 11 for brunch. I can't wait to see Luke at the petting zoo. :lol We had our own zoo this a.m. - Gracie carried a baby possum to the patio and was flipping it in the air!! DH wrapped it in a towel and put it behind our fence where there is a wooded area. Never a dull moment around here. :lol

:lol :lol :lol She probably thought it was a cute new toy.

Congratulations on the bunny show and missing the traffic tie-up.

Went to church with Rosie and John this morning. Beautiful music.

Read a book this afternoon. Having a relaxing and quiet day.

Had a wonderful visit with youngest DD and we were able to eat dinner while the Yankee rain delay was on so it worked out perfectly! Judy I couldn't believe that Mariano blew another save:eek But, really it started with Joba!!! Thankfully, they pulled out the win and it was very nice of them to have that rain delay to accomodate our dinner:eek

The strawberry rhubarb pie was a success! She loved it- she had never had it before! We ended up splitting what was left otherwise I'd end up eating the whole thing!!

It was actually quite warm here today- I think we are going to skip over spring and go right into summer!!! But I was glad the sun was shining, and the windows were letting in a slight breeze so all was good.:yes

I started a third Stash Buster tote earlier this afternoon before DD got here, and now I'm going to go back to it for a while! I was going to start the Granny Go Round, but I really like the Stash Buster one and until my hands give out, I'll keep on making them. These are going to make great gifts come Christmas time!!! And it's never too early to start!

Marisa- I see your Sixers won today! Hope you had a wonderful time at your parents!

Cindy- Your day yesterday sounds wonderful!!!!

Mary1- Hope you had fun with Luke at the petting zoo and I surely could do without the little gift that Gracie brought!

Mary2- Your brunch with just DH sounds wonderful:manyheart Glad you missed all that traffic. And I must ask- do we have new bunnies?:rabbit

Linda- How was your day? And how are your hands? Hope it was a lovely day for you!!! The soup sounds good, but I try not to bring ham into the house since it is notoriously high in sodium (even the lo-salt variety has quite a bit). I know DH has ham when I'm not around, but I just can't in good conscience bring it into the house!

Julie, Tabby, Tammy, Marlene, Cheeria- hope you all had a wonderful day.

Off to :crocheting for a bit. See you in the AM

:lol :lol :lol She probably thought it was a cute new toy.

Congratulations on the bunny show and missing the traffic tie-up.

Went to church with Rosie and John this morning. Beautiful music.

Read a book this afternoon. Having a relaxing and quiet day.

We posted at the same time, Linda- Glad to hear you had a nice, relaxing and quiet day!!!!:c9

Happy Easter :manyheart I'm back in philly, we had an early dinner as we always do on sundays anyway and watched the first half of the sixers game. Listened to the 2nd half on the radio in the car and as Joanne mentioned, we won :yay:clap

Took care of my plants outside when I got back, thanks again Wrennie for all the parsley input, I really don't know much about all this. Had them last year when we got them on the cayuga wine tour for the wine and herb festival :devil I enjoyed having the fresh herbs so wanted to keep them again :yes Also have some tomatoes and peppers planted too :yes

Then I did my workout and showered. 2 loads of laundry, in the dryer now. Had a bite to eat and now plan to join my couch for the evening :yes I may do some crafting, but I'll see how much time is left on the dryer 1st because I'll have to fold the clothes when they finish.

Dusti, great story with Annika and how thoughtful of her :lol

See y'all in the AM

Archived