Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good morning, peeps!

Jules, about the weather....we've had so much rain and humidity that the mushrooms growing in our yard are the size of dinner plates!

That was me:D You did a beautiful job on that hat and scarf set. i still have suede and chenille in my stash but am thinking of using it in a tote sometime in the future...

Hmmm....I did print out the granny stripe pattern...

Are you using stash or will the colors be coordinated?

OOh, a chenille or suede tote would be nice!

We've had a load of rain too. In front of the bank is full of tiny mushrooms and a couple of big ones, more like tea cup than dinner plate though.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cant find the thread on katz. so here we are;

Skinny, my old man

post-6085-135897661515_thumb.jpg

Vixen

post-6085-135897661507_thumb.jpg

Mia

post-6085-135897661512_thumb.jpg

Hunter

post-6085-13589766151_thumb.jpg

Hunter Vixen & Mia are Siblings. Skinny isn't related.

peek a boo kitty is Hunter againpost-6085-135897661502_thumb.jpg

Just zipping by to say HIYA :cheerI had a nice three day week-end in Maryland even with the rain and humid weather. Everyone is doing great and my grandbaby is finally walking around. Well I thought he would sleep a little longer and that I can sit here and write to you but what happen, he wakes up so got to run. Sorry. Hugs :hug

Wrennie

Your kitties are sp pretty. I like the one called Hunter-- he looks like a big powerful cat .Those cats are my favorite. They look strong and brave . My cat when I was little was like that -big and powerful and I think he was the strongest cat in the neighborhood. I think HE thought that too . Cats seem to have a certain attitude about themselves,don't you think ? They can't TALK,but they seem to send out a signal of what they are like ,without needing to TELL you .

Judy, mine is co-ordinated, although I am using stash. I am an organized person by nature, and I am uncomfortable when I just go with the flow.

I'm not an organized person, but with my crocheting I can be like that so it's a decision I have to force myself to make when I want to use random yarn for a project.

It also helps that with subtle colors/shades....I'm a bit color blind:lol

Skinny, my old man

[ATTACH]39743[/ATTACH]

Vixen

[ATTACH]39740[/ATTACH]

Mia

[ATTACH]39742[/ATTACH]

Hunter

[ATTACH]39741[/ATTACH]

peek a boo kitty is Hunter again[ATTACH]39739[/ATTACH]

Oh, how sweet!!!! I love kitties....but Sparkie doesn't.

Heidi hasn't seen any yet:lol

Pretty kitties -- thank you for sharing them with us.

Just zipping by to say HIYA :cheerI had a nice three day week-end in Maryland even with the rain and humid weather. Everyone is doing great and my grandbaby is finally walking around. Well I thought he would sleep a little longer and that I can sit here and write to you but what happen, he wakes up so got to run. Sorry. Hugs :hug

Hi! Congrats on Sean being an official Walker :yay Sounds as though he is so excited about his new accomplishment, that he does not even want to slow down for a nap :lol Glad to hear you had a good weekend.

Hi Tam :hi Nice to see you checking-in. We worry about you, when you are absent too long. Thank you for the uplifting words this morning.

Morning everyone! Another day of not working because the login system is down. Means over 2000 telecommuters can't work. :( Sure hope they get it back up soon.

On positive note, took the medical alert bracelet off this morning, :yay. Now, it's just a matter of the finally healing to be done on my eye, which can take up to 6 months to get back to where it was before. It's okay, I can see and I can drive and that's just exciting enough to me :D

I would like to get some WIPs done too, but working on testing a tote right now.

:hug:hug:hug:hug to all. TTYL

Wonderful to hear that the gas bubble in your line of sight is gone. Best wishes for a steady recovery :hug Were you back up-and-running at work this afternoon, or will it be another couple of days? That just means you have time for lots of crocheting :hook Ooooh, another tote bag on the horizon from one of the talented designers here...hope you can show off your work, soon.

No project pics...just my furples...:D

Sparkie holds sticks for her so she can chew the other end...sometimes he moves and she flips over:lol

Furple pictures are always welcome. Heidi still looks small, next to Sparkie, but I love hearing about how well they interact.

Happy Monday, everyone. :) Where have the last 3 days gone? :lol Luke was here til yesterday morning - we spent the afternoon with MIL - workmen showed up at 7:30 this morning to tile the patio and porch - severe storms and no power for 3 hours and now the sun is out and they're working again. :whew;)

Now to catch up on posts! Here is Luke at the kiddie pool yesterday - his first time in a "big" pool. :) Will be back soon. :yes

Oooh, look at how cute he is!! With the warm temps you get, it is good he likes the water. The pool is the best place to spend those warm days :hot

Dusti ~ Great pictures and projects.:hook It's hard to believe school is almost out! Wish we were closer and I'd keep the girls while you all work on the house. :)
That would be such a treat for the girls and me. :manyheart Thanks for thinking of us.

Dusti

You are lucky you guys know how to do the home repairs yourself ! It'd sure save money if you didnt have to pay for the repair-guy's cost too .

Are your girls excited that school is almost out ?

Oh, yes, the girls are excited. A little sad, as they will not be able to see their friends every day, but we have so much planned, that the vacation is going to fly by. Today, was the final day of rollerskating. Tomorrow, Annika's class is doing a community service project of flower planting and picking up trash at a near-by park. The teacher told me, today, that she wants to surprise them with a stop at Dairy Queen for an ice cream treat, before they return to school. The children will be very surprised and happy :icecream.

Good evening ladies :hi

It was a long day today :( Nothing new to report. I sent an email to the insurance company I'm worried about to try to see if I could get any info ahead of time out of them :xfin I highly doubt it, but I figure at least there's some chance if I ask :yes

Dusti - My weekend was in Pitt, now back in Philly :lolOops --My geography needs a brush-up:blush It was quite productive I'd say and yep, that pattern was written by Sue :yesI thought the tote looked familiar ;)

Good morning. It is shaping up to be a very pretty day here. I've been working on a granny stripes afghan that I started last year. I really want to get some WIPs out of my pile.

I printed out that pattern last year, but I never did start the afghan. Yaay for crossing some WIPs off of your list :clap Hope your nice weather held out.

It was a good Tuesday on this end. My last afternoon of volunteering with the PE classes and the rollerskating. The teacher brought a boombox and played music while the students skated -- Hokey Pokey, The Chicken Dance, "Who Let the Dogs Out?", etc. -- and that livened up everyone's spirits.

Saturday starts our annual Family Week at my parents' time share condo. We have a free-standing, 3-story lake front cabin that is just divine :) There will be 11 of us through the Memorial Day Weekend, but then my brother, SIL, father and DH have to return to work, leaving my mum, Gramma, the girls and me for the remainder of the week. There are two swimming pools on the property, an exercise room, and lots of hiking trails through the surrounding woods. We just love sitting on the deck in the wooden porch swings, reading, gabbing and crocheting. Girls bonding week! I get to cook a lot, so I have been preparing my menu and planning my trip to the market. Tomorrow, I have to start thinking about packing the suitcase and the bin of art projects, reading books, and surprises for the girls :D

Have a good evening!

Skinny, my old man

[ATTACH]39743[/ATTACH]

Vixen

[ATTACH]39740[/ATTACH]

Mia

[ATTACH]39742[/ATTACH]

Hunter

[ATTACH]39741[/ATTACH]

Pretty kitties.

Dusti, Sparkie is over 105 pounds...so even I look small next to him:lol

I'll have to get hubby to take a pic of me with the furples so you can see us in perspective;)

Off I go!

Have a good one, my friends:hug:manyheart

Mornibg folks

Nothing much new here today except everything outside is sopping wet. We had a gullywasher of a storm last night .No bad winds here in our area, but north of us they said a tornado was spotted and possibly touched down. I dont think any people were hurt, just some houses and cars by falling trees .

There have sure been lots of bad storms all over this spring . Feel sorry for those who got hit with all the big ones .

So for those who watch DWTS -- Who do you think will win tonite ?

AND tonite is the final of Biggest Loser . Can't wait to see it ..do any of you watch it ?

I'll be watching Biggest Loser tonight!! Wonder who will win? And as far as DWTS, I'm rooting for Hines WArd!:cheer

Morning everyone! Another day of not working because the login system is down. Means over 2000 telecommuters can't work. :( Sure hope they get it back up soon.

On positive note, took the medical alert bracelet off this morning, :yay. Now, it's just a matter of the finally healing to be done on my eye, which can take up to 6 months to get back to where it was before. It's okay, I can see and I can drive and that's just exciting enough to me :D

Joanne, you sure are going full steam ahead on those SBT's! WOW!

Cindy, glad the storms are staying away from you. The walk sounds good but I would be like your furple, exhausted near the end :lol

I would like to get some WIPs done too, but working on testing a tote right now.

Julie, glad storms missed you. As for DWTS I want Hines to win, but am afraid with her fan base Kirstie will. :sigh

:hug:hug:hug:hug to all. TTYL

:clap:clap for the medical alert bracelet coming off!!!! Which tote are you testing? It's going to be a toss up I think between Kirstie- and Hines- I sure hope it's Hines (even if he is a Pittsburgh Steeler:lol)

[ATTACH]39735[/ATTACH]

love you guys!!!!

hugs.... love and prayers to you all!!!!

:heart

:mug

Hope all is well- and glad you flew by- love the insprirational post!

Skinny, my old man

[ATTACH]39743[/ATTACH]

Vixen

[ATTACH]39740[/ATTACH]

Mia

[ATTACH]39742[/ATTACH]

Hunter

[ATTACH]39741[/ATTACH]

They are all great!!!! Did you enjoy your 1/2 day off work today?

glad you had a good weekend!!! I was worried you wouldn't be able to make it---and sounds like you are really going to have your hands full with Sean walking around!

Oh, yes, the girls are excited. A little sad, as they will not be able to see their friends every day, but we have so much planned, that the vacation is going to fly by. Today, was the final day of rollerskating. Tomorrow, Annika's class is doing a community service project of flower planting and picking up trash at a near-by park. The teacher told me, today, that she wants to surprise them with a stop at Dairy Queen for an ice cream treat, before they return to school. The children will be very surprised and happy :icecream.

It was a good Tuesday on this end. My last afternoon of volunteering with the PE classes and the rollerskating. The teacher brought a boombox and played music while the students skated -- Hokey Pokey, The Chicken Dance, "Who Let the Dogs Out?", etc. -- and that livened up everyone's spirits.

Saturday starts our annual Family Week at my parents' time share condo. We have a free-standing, 3-story lake front cabin that is just divine :) There will be 11 of us through the Memorial Day Weekend, but then my brother, SIL, father and DH have to return to work, leaving my mum, Gramma, the girls and me for the remainder of the week. There are two swimming pools on the property, an exercise room, and lots of hiking trails through the surrounding woods. We just love sitting on the deck in the wooden porch swings, reading, gabbing and crocheting. Girls bonding week! I get to cook a lot, so I have been preparing my menu and planning my trip to the market. Tomorrow, I have to start thinking about packing the suitcase and the bin of art projects, reading books, and surprises for the girls :D

Have a good evening!

Your week getaway sounds awesome! What a fun=filled week it will be!!! You always have so much going on- what a fun mama you are!!!

Good evening. Finished the tote I was testing and LOVE IT!!!

Dusti, still can't log on to work. Hate that because I'm going to be behind and it's so hard to catch up the orders when it gets that way without putting in lots of hours. Sounds like your volunteering was fun.

Joanne, I'm testing hobo hearts :-) Absolutely love the pattern and the shape of the tote. I only did two rows of hearts instead of the three Sue has on the pattern and the size is just right for me.

Cheeria, it's so much fun when the babies start to walk. They are so cute at that age.

Wrennie, love your furple photos. What pretty cats you have.

Well, going to go check some more threads and say a whole bunch of prayers for some good friends of my in OK who are in direct line of fire with the tornadoes. I'll be worried until I hear from them all.

Love and Hugs to everyone!

Dusti, still can't log on to work. Hate that because I'm going to be behind and it's so hard to catch up the orders when it gets that way without putting in lots of hours. Sounds like your volunteering was fun.

Joanne, I'm testing hobo hearts :-) Absolutely love the pattern and the shape of the tote. I only did two rows of hearts instead of the three Sue has on the pattern and the size is just right for me.

Cheeria, it's so much fun when the babies start to walk. They are so cute at that age.

Wrennie, love your furple photos. What pretty cats you have.

Well, going to go check some more threads and say a whole bunch of prayers for some good friends of my in OK who are in direct line of fire with the tornadoes. I'll be worried until I hear from them all.

Love and Hugs to everyone!

Prayers for the folks in the newest line of tornadoes path! Just read about OKC! Can't wait to see the hobo hearts with only 2 rows!!

Happy Hump Day

Great job on the bag holder for your Mom, Marisa- she'll love it! And the winner is........Hines and Kym!!!:cheer:clap I taped it so I'll watch the dances tonight.

Julie- So what did you think of Biggest Loser? Some of the ones who were booted off early in the show looked phenomenal!! Actually they all looked good!!

Hope anyone in the way of Mother Natures latest wrath is ok- and that family/friends are accounted for.

See you later.......:hug

Good morning ladies :hi

Nothing new to report since last night. Slept well, but of course just not long enough :lol At least next week is a 4 day week with the holiday and it'll be down to 11 weeks to my last day, but only 10 weeks of work since I have a week off in July :clap:yay Let the countdown begin :lol

Tonight is our boscov's trip and then to the diner :yay

I hope everyone is safe with all these storms :hug :hug :hug

Good morning everyone.

I have to teach ACLS today and tomorrow, which means today I don't have to be there until around 9. The first two hours of class is done in a large group, and then they split off into smaller groups. Tomorrow it's an early start though.

I went grocery shopping with DD yesterday and she gave me all sorts of coupon advice, (and coupons), with the net result that i spent $75 and got $30 off with coupons. DD did a lot better than I did.

I am going to go work on my granny stripes afghan for a while. BBL

Morning everyone! Hope today is much calmer weatherwise and sending prayers to all affected by the storms. We're expecting more nasty stuff tomorrow :sigh

Still not able to log on to work. Getting worried because it will make me so far behind and don't have enough vacation or floating holiday hours left to use after power outages and surgery. Just a bump in the road of life.

Marisa, love the bag holder. :clap

Cindy, way to go with the coupon shopping! :cheer

I finished up testing the Hobo Hearts for Turtlelvr (Sue) last night watching DWTS. Absolutely :manyheart this pattern and the shape of it. I posted photo http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=128610

TTYL

Good Morning! I didn't get back here yesterday - the workers and Gracie kept me busy - and my DSL was not working! :( Our sirens went off several times last evening and we had high winds, hail and more rain. Some houses were leveled just a few miles from here...we feel so lucky that it wasn't worse. The sun is out and the tile work should be finished today. I will catch up and be back a little later. :manyheart

'morning, peeps!:D

Off to the mall for some jeans, etc....hubby will be home babysitting:lol

Hey ladies,

Last commercial before the winner is announced :bounce

Here's the plastic bag holder I finished for my mom during american idol.....

Good work! Do you ever sit back and wonder what you used to do with your time?:lol

I went grocery shopping with DD yesterday and she gave me all sorts of coupon advice, (and coupons), with the net result that i spent $75 and got $30 off with coupons. DD did a lot better than I did.

WOW - awesome job couponing!:clap

We went to the foodstore the other day and I had time to collect my coupons for a change - and felt good that I saved 9 dollars:lol

CU all later!

Mary, so glad you are safe. Good to hear that with all the devastation around the country from storms and flooding.

Judy, glad hubby is babysitting so you can get out and about for a while :yes

Called car service dept and made arrangements for them to check dd's car. Called towing company and told them to use the credit she has coming to her from Saturday and come and tow it to the service dept. I want this car fixed and my car back. Now that I can drive again, I want my car! :lol

Dusti, Sparkie is over 105 pounds...so even I look small next to him:lol

I'll have to get hubby to take a pic of me with the furples so you can see us in perspective;)

Off I go!

Have a good one, my friends:hug:manyheart

Oh my :eek -- that does put Heidi's growth into perspective. With that in mind, I am really glad Sparkie "took" to Heidi so quickly and plays so nicely with her.

Your week getaway sounds awesome! What a fun=filled week it will be!!! You always have so much going on- what a fun mama you are!!!

My little ones make it so easy for me. They get excited and inspired by a bundle of pipe cleaners and some leftover variegated yarn :lol (With those materials, they made a mobile for over one of their teddy's beds and some nifty bubble-blowing wands, which lead to mixing up bubble juice to try them out. More time outside in the yard? You bet, I am game! :yes) For our condo week, I know I have talked about the project before, but we are going to make more paper with embedded flower or herb seeds. We'll make some greeting cards from the paper, and then, the recipients can "plant" the card paper and (hopefully) end up with some pretty/useful greenery to enjoy. I also have a small sewing project for each girl and my old collection of The Little House on the Prairie books to read together. It will be a fun week :bounce. If only I could get motivated to finish packing the suitcase...

Pretty tote bag. I have never tried filet-type work -- looks very nice on your project.:clap

Sorry to hear that you are still unable to log-in for work. I do hope the system is up-and-running SOON. :hug

Hey ladies,

Last commercial before the winner is announced :bounce

Here's the plastic bag holder I finished for my mom during american idol.....

I like your plastic bag holder :yes. Did you use cotton or regular ol' WW? That will be a fun surprise for you mom this weekend.

:yay For your DWTS pick to be crowned the winner :yay (All of your mom's campaigning paid off :wink)

By the time you read this, you will be in from your shopping day at Boscov's. Did you need anything, when you were in the store, tonight? What did you choose for dinner?

Happy Hump Day

Hope anyone in the way of Mother Natures latest wrath is ok- and that family/friends are accounted for.

See you later.......:hug

Hi, Joanne :waving Hope Paradise is good to you, today. I saw your lined tote with the coffee bean material -- very cute and perfect for you :hug I hope the gift fairy is watching and surprises you with a :sew in the near future. Then, you will have to tell me the details on what you got, because I would like to buy a user-friendly machine for Kyri for Christmas next year. I have time to wait for your review and recommendations ;)

Good morning everyone.

I have to teach ACLS today and tomorrow, which means today I don't have to be there until around 9. The first two hours of class is done in a large group, and then they split off into smaller groups. Tomorrow it's an early start though.

I am going to go work on my granny stripes afghan for a while. BBL

Did you get any crocheting in this morning, before you headed to work? Can you see good progress being made on the Granny Stripes? Nice job on racking-up the savings using your DD's advice and coupons :h5 We only have one grocery store in town, and no newspaper from which to clip coupons, but I do my best to redeem a number of them every week. Every little bit helps, right? :2c

Mary ~ Your deck and patio are going to look so nice after the tile-work is completed. Please show us pictures. Yikes, you had to deal with hail and storms, too, last night -- heard it on the news this morning. Be careful. Did you retreat to a quiet closet with your hook and yarn? What do you have in the works these days? :crocheting

Here's hoping the weather is calm and mild for everyone across the country :rainbow I am saying prayers for all of those families affected by the recent storms. Stay safe, Everyone!

Kyri's class is going to a senior living community this afternoon to meet the pen pals with whom the students exchanged letters throughout this year. The children are bringing games to play with their pen pals (Care Bear Dominoes, anyone? :lol), and the teacher is serving pizzas and cookies to break the ice between the generations.

Annika's class is taking a nature walk and planning to water the flowers and trees they planted earlier this week. Lots of exercise for all of the children.

Have a good Wednesday! I am off to pack and crochet for a few minutes, if I can, before I head into town to accompany Kyri's class on their visit. Talk to you all, later :manyheart

Archived