Has Anyone Seen? UPDATE 2-19

kittyloverdeb

Question

a new...at least I think it's new....yarn from Red Heart called Super Soft? Now, I'm NOT talking RH Soft that come in 5 oz. skeins. This is called Super Soft and it is 10 oz. skeins. It is wonderfully soft and reminds me of Hobby Lobby's ILTY!

I found some at WalMart today on an end cap. Very limited colors but I bought a couple. Tried to search on line and can't find anything...not even on their site. Anyone else seen this wonderfully soft yarn anywhere?

UPDATE 2-19

Sent an email to RedHeart and finally heard back from them. This yarn is the same yarn as the Red Heart Soft but in a bigger skein. WalMart is the only store that carries it and it was just a promotion for them. So I don't think they will have it as a regular shelf item.

I paid $4.97 but it's 10 ozs. too. I just would love to know what colors it comes in?

For those of you who have seen this...can you tell me what colors there were? At my WalMart they had white, cream, brown, black, teal, and wine.

I just find it strange that I can't find it on any websites. I sent an email to Red Heart so hopefully I will get a response soon.

Walmart does not do sales so you mean it was on roll back for that much? Might have to wait until Joanne's gets some in then I can use a bunch of coupons on my skeins. Mary

No - I mean it was in a special box on an end cap in the craft department 'Introducing' the yarn.

Well... I have now visited all 3 walmarts here in town and NONE have them. Neither does Michaels. I'll be hitting Hobby Lobby up as soon as I am on that side of town and not on Sunday.

*sigh*

I reallllly wanna touch (read as: buy) this yarn!

Just wondering....:devil what colors of this yarn would you buy say if you were going to buy it, that is?

Waaa it's snowing here and hubby just got back from teaching drivers ed and said it's very slippery so guess I won't be going out for it today myself. We have bowling tonight and pass right by there but then I would have to ask him to stop after and he would see what's in the bag and I am the same I need more yarn like I need another 10lbs. Oh well next week I guess. It's not like I have no projects started to finish this afternoon anyway. Mary

I paid $4.97 but it's 10 ozs. too. I just would love to know what colors it comes in?

For those of you who have seen this...can you tell me what colors there were? At my WalMart they had white, cream, brown, black, teal, and wine.

I just find it strange that I can't find it on any websites. I sent an email to Red Heart so hopefully I will get a response soon.

Not a bad price for a really soft yarn. I will definately look for it at our Walmart. Ours recently remodeled the whole store and the craft department is now only two very small aisles, so I am not holding out much hope for a new product. Sad........ It is very strange that they would introduce the product in Walmart and not have it on their website.

The yarn hoarder in me wants to go back and buy it all up today! I need more yarn like I need another 10 pounds on this body!!!

Oh, but Kitty --- didn't you know the inverse stash/diet rule? For every 5 skeins of yarn added to your stash, your weight will go *down* by a pound? So, if you need to lose 10 pounds, you are allowed to buy up to 50 skeins of yarn with no guilt!!

(Silly, I know....) but hey, it sounds as good a reason as any to buy more yarn! :D --- says another incurable yarn hoarder, who will NOT look at Smileys or Ice yarns one more time this month, no I won't, no I won't.......

ETA -- for those who have tried it, is there a noticable difference between the RH "Super Soft" and the existing "RH Soft" line that's been out there for a while already? Or is it just the skein size? (Maybe they call it 'super' because it's a big skein? or is the yarn itself different?)

you know...i was in walmart last week, and saw a thicker skein of RH on an end cap, but didn't stop to check it out....that must've been it...I was thinking, wow, they have RHSS in a pounder...I couldn't go near it or it would've fell in my cart :rofl

but i will have to check it out today when i go get some household stuff.

Colors i remember, were pretty basic: blue, black, white, cream, and thats all i can remember. It was 5.97.

Oh, but Kitty --- didn't you know the inverse stash/diet rule? For every 5 skeins of yarn added to your stash, your weight will go *down* by a pound? So, if you need to lose 10 pounds, you are allowed to buy up to 50 skeins of yarn with no guilt!!

(Silly, I know....) but hey, it sounds as good a reason as any to buy more yarn! :D --- says another incurable yarn hoarder, who will NOT look at Smileys or Ice yarns one more time this month, no I won't, no I won't.......

ETA -- for those who have tried it, is there a noticable difference between the RH "Super Soft" and the existing "RH Soft" line that's been out there for a while already? Or is it just the skein size? (Maybe they call it 'super' because it's a big skein? or is the yarn itself different?)

I LOVE the way you think!!! Sounds good to me! I think it may just be a larger skein of the Red Heart Soft but not 100% sure about that!

Archived