Has Anyone Seen? UPDATE 2-19

kittyloverdeb

Question

a new...at least I think it's new....yarn from Red Heart called Super Soft? Now, I'm NOT talking RH Soft that come in 5 oz. skeins. This is called Super Soft and it is 10 oz. skeins. It is wonderfully soft and reminds me of Hobby Lobby's ILTY!

I found some at WalMart today on an end cap. Very limited colors but I bought a couple. Tried to search on line and can't find anything...not even on their site. Anyone else seen this wonderfully soft yarn anywhere?

UPDATE 2-19

Sent an email to RedHeart and finally heard back from them. This yarn is the same yarn as the Red Heart Soft but in a bigger skein. WalMart is the only store that carries it and it was just a promotion for them. So I don't think they will have it as a regular shelf item.

What do you think?

My name is _______ and I am writing you in regards to a product that was briefly stocked at various Wal-Mart locations across the United States.

I represent a large community of yarn crafters that desire Wal-Mart to be more versatile in the selections available. One way Wal-Mart can become more versatile is to re-stock the shelves with Red Heart Super Soft yarn. I understand that this yarn is the same as the Red Heart Soft brand but was created in larger skeins specifically for Wal-Mart. News of the availability of the yarn spread quickly through the online communities of crafters but not near as fast as news of it being discontinued.

I personally feel restocking this yarn would be in Wal-Mart’s best interest in appealing to a large community of others like me along with offering another product that is made in the United States. With the recent news coverage regarding large companies migrating to selling more items made in the USA, it would only make sense that one of the largest department store chains would do the same.

The yarn selection at Wal-Mart is meager, to say the least. Having another option, one that is more compatible to creating wearable items, was nice for the short time it lasted.

Obviously, I cannot understand the business dynamics behind your decision to discontinue the product; however, I ask you to reconsider this decision and restock the shelves at Wal-Mart with Red Heart Super Soft yarn.

That sounds like a great deal. I'll have to check out the Walmarts (3) in my area and maybe one of them will have some....although I really don't need anymore yarn...:D

I emailed red heart a few weeks ago and got a response today. It's just as I had thought. It was made specifially for Walmart and Walmart decided to discontinue it, oh well. I guess they didn't realize what a good product they had that every one liked so maybe an email campaign to Walmart corporate. I wrote back and told the lady the soft line is just not the same. Mary

Thank you for your recent inquiry.

Unfortunately, the product (Super Soft) or the specific color you requested is no longer available and we regret that we have no remaining inventory. This was a yarn made strictly for Walmart and they have chosen to discontinue it. We do have a product called Red Heart Soft and it is the same exact yarn and colors. The only difference is the ounces. The Soft yarn comes in a 5 ounce skein.

If you go to http://www.walmart.com you can email the corporate office. Is worth a try. Stress the made in USA too.

Awhile back a few of us did this regarding Peaches & Creme - and my Wal Mart kept it stocked. (This was before Pisqah decided to go out of business.)

My walmarts never carried it. I received a few skeins of it for a yarn swap though and really like it. I think we should start a letter writing campaign (and stress the made in American and how the Smithsonian is making a switch to - why not Walmart?)

Well... I have now visited all 3 walmarts here in town and NONE have them. Neither does Michaels. I'll be hitting Hobby Lobby up as soon as I am on that side of town and not on Sunday.

*sigh*

I reallllly wanna touch (read as: buy) this yarn!

This was the fastest product start & finish I have ever seen! I read about the Super Soft here last month, bought it once, went back this week to see if I could get some more and what little they had was on clearance for $3 a skein. GREAT price for the size, but they only had wine and brown. I bought all of the wine, had the brown in my buggy but put it back. I don't use a lot of brown and I knew I had some I♥This Yarn in brown already. So I left it for another bargain shopper.

I don't understand what Walmart is doing lately. They keep rearranging stores, changing what they stock & sell -- they are making me crazy! Just when you get used to buying something, they discontinue it. They do it with food items too -- They stopped stocking my Tazo "Calm" Tea this past month. That had me all up in arms too. I guess I lead a pretty great life if these are my big gripes -- huh?

BTW -- Good sample letter Chris! I might just borrow some of that and write to them myself. Ours is not stocking enough of any YARN to make anything of size now. They reduced the size of their yarn supply to about half of what it was. They still are trying to offer some variety but that leaves room for only a few skeins of each -- not near enough if you are making an afghan or something else large. So I may include something like that in the letter -- use some logic when stocking -- we need enough of one color to complete a project!

This was the fastest product start & finish I have ever seen! I read about the Super Soft here last month, bought it once, went back this week to see if I could get some more and what little they had was on clearance for $3 a skein. GREAT price for the size, but they only had wine and brown. I bought all of the wine, had the brown in my buggy but put it back. I don't use a lot of brown and I knew I had some I♥This Yarn in brown already. So I left it for another bargain shopper.

I don't understand what Walmart is doing lately. They keep rearranging stores, changing what they stock & sell -- they are making me crazy! Just when you get used to buying something, they discontinue it. They do it with food items too -- They stopped stocking my Tazo "Calm" Tea this past month. That had me all up in arms too. I guess I lead a pretty great life if these are my big gripes -- huh?

BTW -- Good sample letter Chris! I might just borrow some of that and write to them myself. Ours is not stocking enough of any YARN to make anything of size now. They reduced the size of their yarn supply to about half of what it was. They still are trying to offer some variety but that leaves room for only a few skeins of each -- not near enough if you are making an afghan or something else large. So I may include something like that in the letter -- use some logic when stocking -- we need enough of one color to complete a project!

OH they are frustrating with not having a big selection in the first place AND not having enough of anything they actually do have on the shelves. I honestly bypass their yarn selection 90% of the time. I think the last time I seriously browsed that section was when I was making the special olympic scarves because they *had* to be Red Heart Super Saver.

It's so disheartening but really, it's their choice. I know there are not a lot of yarn crafters out there, but there are more than just a handful....

Good news people. Redheart now has this for sale on the website, yeah. Not sure if it will be in stores but at least you can buy it online. Mary

http://www.shopredheart.com/default.aspx?PageID=62&CategoryID=4&ProductID=5082&RootCatCode=01000

Oh that IS good news! Thank you for letting us know! :cheer

I saw that advertised but have not seen the actual YARN as yet. Maybe its Red Hearts answer to Hobby Lobby's I Love This Yarn

Ladies my friend works at Joanne's in the yarn department and just emailed me they got a shipmemt of the super soft in so maybe they are gonna carry it steady. She said she won't be putting it out for a few days but they have the teal too so I need to get all my coupons printed and get ready so check your Joanne's stores. Mary

Hey Deb,

I saw it at wal-mart a few days ago and plan on buying some when my paycheck comes in next week. I really like it. It feel SOOOOO much better than Red Heart Super Saver. That stuff is just gnarly. I plan on buying some for a new design I have planned. That stuff is gonna be perfect for it.

Have a great day!!

Julee

Super Soft? Nope -- Not Super Saver? And not just a large Soft? I will have to take a look at Walmart next trip in. I have been wondering about the Red Heart Smoothie yarn -- it looks like something I would love to use. :) I like substantial yarn that is ultra soft and I can't do wool. So, I will definately look for this Super Soft you just found.

It's Super Soft - I saw it too. I was surprised at how nice it felt. I even had DD stroke the super soft and the super saver and she couldn't believe the difference. It almost has the same sheen as Simply Soft too.

Too much going on this month to buy more yarn but it seems to be one I might just have to stock up on soon.

Archived