SC Star Dishcloth

champygirl

Figured I'd post this in the original patterns section, so more people could see it. Original post with pattern is here.

Please send me a pm if you find any errors.

Happy Crocheting! :hook
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SC Star Dishcloth
(Slightly Wonky)
post-11825-135897625203_thumb.jpg
Copyright to champygirl November 14, 2010

Materials:

Worsted Weight cotton yarn
Size H or I hook
Yarn needle (to weave in ends)

Finish size: About 7 ½” inches point to point.

Different Stitches:

Sc Decrease next 2 sts together: [insert hook in next st, yarn over, pull up a loop] Do this 2 times, yarn over and pull thru all 3 loops on hook.

Directions:

Rnd 1: Ch2, 5 sc in 2nd chain from hook, join with sl st to first sc.
(5sc)

Note: When you ch5 for points make sure you don’t chain to tightly, try to stay somewhat loose.

Rnd 2: 1 sc in same st as joining, ch5, 1 sc in 2nd chain from hook, 1 sc in each of the next 3 chains, 1 sc in same st, [1 sc in next st, ch5, 1 sc in 2nd chain from hook, 1 sc in each of the next 3 chains, 1 sc in same st] Do this 4 times, join with sl st to first sc.
(30sc)

Note: A free loop is the loop left free from working in a chain. Like when you work stitches into a starting chain, on the side opposite of starting chain from where the stitches are worked there are loops.

Rnd 3: Ch1, sc decrease same st as joining and next free loop together,, 1 sc in each of the next 3 free loops, ch1, 1 sc in each of the next 3 sts, sc decrease next 2 sts together, [sc decrease next st and next free loop together, 1 sc in each of the next 3 free loops, ch1, 1 sc in each of the next 3 sts, sc decrease next 2 sts together] Do this 4 times, join with sl st to first st.
(40sc, 5-ch1 spaces)

Rnd 4: Ch1, sc decrease same st as joining and next st together, 1 sc in each of the next 2 stitches, 5 sc in next ch1 space, 1 sc in each of the next 2 sts, sc decrease next 2 sts together, [sc decrease next 2 sts together, 1 sc in each of the next 2 stitches, 5 sc in next ch1 space, 1 sc in each of the next 2 sts, sc decrease next 2 sts together] Do this 4 times, join with sl st to first st.
(55sc)

Rnd 5: Ch1, sc decrease same st as joining and next st together, 1 sc in each of the next 3 stitches, 5 sc in next st, 1 sc in each of the next 3 sts, sc decrease next 2 sts together, [sc decrease next 2 sts together, 1 sc in each of the next 3 stitches, 5 sc in next st, 1 sc in each of the next 3 sts, sc decrease next 2 sts together] Do this 4 times, join with sl st to first st.
(65sc)

Rnd 6: Ch1, sc decrease same st as joining and next st together, 1 sc in each of the next 4 stitches, 5 sc in next st, 1 sc in each of the next 4 sts, sc decrease next 2 sts together, [sc decrease next 2 sts together, 1 sc in each of the next 4 stitches, 5 sc in next st, 1 sc in each of the next 4 sts, sc decrease next 2 sts together] Do this 4 times, join with sl st to first st.
(75sc)

Rnd 7: Sl st in next st, ch1, 1 sc in same st, 1 sc in each of the next 5 sts, 5 sc in next st, 1 sc in each of the next 6 sts, [sc decrease next 2 sts together, 1 sc in each of the next 6 sts, 5 sc in next st, 1 sc in each of the next 6 sts] Do this 4 times, sc decrease next st and same st as joining (working over joining sl st from Rnd 6) together, join with sl st to first sc.
(90sc)

Rnd 8: Ch1, 1 sc in same st as joining, 1 sc in each of the next 7 sts, (2 sc, ch2, 2 sc) all in next st, 1 sc in each of the next 8 sts, sl st in next st, [1 sc in each of the next 8 sts, (2 sc, ch2, 2 sc) all in next st, 1 sc in each of the next 8 sts, sl st in next st] Do this 4 times, join with sl t to first sc.
(100sc. 5 sl sts, 5-ch2’s)

Finish off and weave in ends.

Enjoy!!!! :hook

Copyright to Amelia Beebe November 14, 2010. The dishcloth will lie flat on a flat surface but is slightly wonky.

I just finished one of these. The pattern is nicely written, and I found it very easy to follow. Its kind of fun to watch the star take shape. The dishcloth turned out super cute. Mine is a little wonky, but the wonkiness is almost sculptural, and sort of enhances the shape.

It seems sort of small to me now that I've finished it, (even though it turned out to be nearly 8 inches from point to point), but I think its big enough to be practical. I used an H hook. I may try again with an I, just to get a slightly bigger cloth.

Thanks for the great pattern.

Archived