2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'Morning, everyone!:sun I'd like to join in this group cuz my stash is outa control (which is, well actually, just the way I like it! :D)... Anyway, I do lots of donations to the NICU hospital that took care my sister with her high-risk pregnancies, and I thought this CAL looked fun. I just gotta figure out the scoring that is nicely explained in the 1st post and I think I'll be okay. Might have a question or two. :blush

I actually "mentally" started stash busting earlier this month. During 4th of July week, I crocheted two of TurtleLvr's totes! (Thanks, Sue!) :c9 I will post pictures as soon as I can get some good ones. I tend to have trouble with pictures because [1] I'm not really good with a camera and [2] I have log walls which make the pictures come out on the dark side.:sigh

Okay, well off to work I go!!! :compute:phone

Hope everyone has a great day! :)

~ Tracey

More like a cult following! :lol

Ya think?? :rofl :rofl :rofl

'Morning, everyone!:sun I'd like to join in this group cuz my stash is outa control (which is, well actually, just the way I like it! :D)... ~ Tracey

Hi Tracey! Welcome to the madness :)

I'm going to try really hard and not buy yarn. It's so hard, with all the sidewalk sales. But then again, if someone were to give me yarn, that's a different story!:lol

:manyheart

Hi! Lunch time! Thanks for the nice welcome! :)

And like CLLinda, I'm going to try real hard NOT to buy yarn. (... which I know I'm just destined to fail! :devil)

I hope that this CAL is the "therapy" I need to transform my stash into box after box of NICU donations. I used to just do premie size blankets, but there are so many pretty full size afghan patterns out there that I now donate them as well. Also, since I recently worked on some tote bags, I'm kind of getting used to making things that are NOT flat, so I'm building confidence working on premie hats, too. I just mailed a package to the hospital yesterday with a nice variety: full size afghans, cocoons and hats. So, I hope they like this box with all sorts of things.:hook

'Morning, everyone!:sun I'd like to join in this group cuz my stash is outa control (which is, well actually, just the way I like it! :D)... Anyway, I do lots of donations to the NICU hospital that took care my sister with her high-risk pregnancies, and I thought this CAL looked fun. I just gotta figure out the scoring that is nicely explained in the 1st post and I think I'll be okay. Might have a question or two. :blush

I actually "mentally" started stash busting earlier this month. During 4th of July week, I crocheted two of TurtleLvr's totes! (Thanks, Sue!) :c9 I will post pictures as soon as I can get some good ones. I tend to have trouble with pictures because [1] I'm not really good with a camera and [2] I have log walls which make the pictures come out on the dark side.:sigh

Okay, well off to work I go!!! :compute:phone

Hope everyone has a great day! :)

~ Tracey

Hi Tracey! So glad you finally decided to join in! :hug

:turtle:vheart

Hi Tracey! So glad you finally decided to join in! :hug

:turtle:vheart

Hey Sue! ~ Thanks! :hugI loved working with your patterns, too! The totes are terrific. It was a great way to spend some free time during vacation. :manyheart

Welcome, TCarra. I added your name to the list. Enjoy your time here.

If there's anyone else new here, please remind me and I will add you to the listing.

:manyheart:manyheart

As a reminder, please put your WTD and your YTD scores when posting for the week. It's the end of the month already!

Thanks so much.

And please post them in bright colors and a larger size. Makes my job easier!

:manyheart

well some of the yarn I gave away this weekend came back :lol But not all of it! so that was cool.

I did get a skein of blue heron rayon metallic in a color called tulip off ebay. :rolleyes I've bought this yarn before and absolutely adore it!

so far this week I'm at -3. Hoping no yarn stores in sight...

I found a bag of red, white and green :yarn, crochet hook, a pattern for Christmas stockings and a 1/2 done stocking. I finished the stocking and started another. I used up 2 balls and rolled a skein down (+3) :cheer. I'll be able to roll 2 more skeins by Sat. I get strange looks when I make things way out of season :lol.

WTD: + 3 YTD: + 103

Ellie 13

I probably won't have a chance to change my score before tomorrow, so here's my tally :cheer:

WTD: 3

YTD: 3

Thanks & have a great weekend, everyone! :)

I love seeing how well everyone is doing with their stashbusting! I'm inspired.

I know I dropped out back in Feb - we had a few devastating losses within just a few short months, and I took a looooong break from life. I just picked up my crochet hook again a few weeks ago. I probably won't join back up in keeping track of my stash this year, but love seeing the progress everyone else has made!

I love seeing how well everyone is doing with their stashbusting! I'm inspired.

I know I dropped out back in Feb - we had a few devastating losses within just a few short months, and I took a looooong break from life. I just picked up my crochet hook again a few weeks ago. I probably won't join back up in keeping track of my stash this year, but love seeing the progress everyone else has made!

Sorry to hear of your rough times and your devastating losses. Please know that you're welcome to come back any time! Glad to hear you're crocheting again! :hug

Putting in my totals before I forget...we're having people to the house in a little while, so we're going to be extremely busy!

I managed to get through one skein, so:

Stashbuster Total: WTD +2 YTD -25

:cheer:clap:c9:manyheart

Archived