2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

Well, im at -33 right now. just got back from mom's...she gifted me with a magic yarn ball. She tried to gift me with about 8 small balls of scraps but I threw them right back at her!

And I hurt my hand bad at work yesterday, so I can't crochet tonight without my hand screaming in pain. Hopefully tomorrow I can at least get some small balls used up.

Sure hope you didn't get mad and punch a hole in the wall. :eek Rest the hand. Your yarn will wait for you. Yarn is like a dog ~ it's your best friend no matter what. :lol

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm posting my score early. We're leaving in the RV tomorrow morning and I don't expect to have internet access until Sunday.

Got a kit with 4 skeins; used 1 in HAP rectangles. Hope to do lots of crocheting while we're gone!

WTD -6

I'm posting my score early. We're leaving in the RV tomorrow morning and I don't expect to have internet access until Sunday.

Got a kit with 4 skeins; used 1 in HAP rectangles. Hope to do lots of crocheting while we're gone!

WTD -6

Have a safe and fun trip! :)

:turtle:vheart

I used up the rest of the ball, so now I'm at a +2 for the week. But it depends on when my yarn comes, how I will finish for the week.

:manyheart

used up 4 balls yesterday making divine hats. Almost done with another. Problem is I got 6 skeins of pipsqueak that I had Joann's special order in. Of course not the color I REALLY needed, but I was willing to take what I could find! I need another skein of pink

Okay, I got five skeins of yarn a couple of weeks ago, forgot to post it the first week, and couldn't post it last week because my net connection went haywire (:grump:grump network drivers, :grump) :bang:thair

Anyway, since I consider it highly unlikely that my numbers are going to change this week, I'll post early, thereby avoiding the network down problem.

So, -10 WTD/-68 YTD.

used up 4 balls yesterday making divine hats. Almost done with another.

I take it that these are easy to make? The pattern is printed and sitting next to my chair waiting for me to make one.

wooo hoo! we can all go out and buy at least 16 skeins of yarn and be safe!!

Well heck! Sue and I are going shopping NEXT Saturday, not THIS Saturday. Anyone want to buy lots and lots of yarn next week so SUE won't Shoot the Moon? :rofl :rofl

Used up 3 more balls last night on the no brainer afghan.(No comment from the peanut gallery please ~ aka Sue) Having fun making this one, but my poor Daughter's bolero is still unfinished. It is to the point of decreasing rows and counting. UGH!!!

Well heck! Sue and I are going shopping NEXT Saturday, not THIS Saturday. Anyone want to buy lots and lots of yarn next week so SUE won't Shoot the Moon? :rofl :rofl

Used up 3 more balls last night on the no brainer afghan.(No comment from the peanut gallery please ~ aka Sue) Having fun making this one, but my poor Daughter's bolero is still unfinished. It is to the point of decreasing rows and counting. UGH!!!

Me? You're the shooter the mooner! Wait, that just sounds wrong. :rofl

Comment on no brainer? With you no comment is needed. :D

Me? You're the shooter the mooner! Wait, that just sounds wrong. :rofl

Comment on no brainer? With you no comment is needed. :D

All I can say is ~ Gotta love friends. They speak the truth. :manyheart

My yarn came today. I bought 12 skeins, for a score of -24 but then you add the 2 points that I used this week and got a score of -22.

Good thing they are small skeins of cotton yarn and can be used up quickly.

2011 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0 / YTD: +12

Still standing still. It continues chilly here. Even had snow yesterday down to 1,000 feet. I am really reluctant to run my furnace in APRIL (for goodness sake!) and it is hard to crochet when my nose and hands are cold (last night in the 30˚s). And I won't even start on the rain. February has lasted just long enough - thank you La Niña! What I would give for even a short string of sunny days with temps above 58˚!

Enough whining.

-Marzee

2011 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0/YTD: +12 (Bronze Medal 03/07/11)

Yo Yo’s for Charity

Dishcloths of 2011 CAL

February has lasted just long enough - thank you El Niña!

Language nitpick alert! It's "La Niña." Spanish articles are gendered with the nouns, so masculine nouns take "el" and feminine nouns take "la."

I'm putting in my totals now, so I don't forget over the weekend...

I managed to resist the yarn sirens this week, so:

Stashbuster Total: WTD +2 YTD +42

:c9:crocheting

I take it that these are easy to make? The pattern is printed and sitting next to my chair waiting for me to make one.

I love making them! I have tweaked the pattern to my own liking. I made one the other day that is more slouchy than a beanie but that same spiral look. Finished it while visiting my dd and kids and we drove to Ikea which is an hour or so drive from her place. I put it on and Ariana (age 5) said "grandma I want a purple hat too" So on the way home I made her one.

I've been having fun making ones with the ridge a contrasting color. I also don't end the hat with the rows of dc/fpdc. I keep using the shell pattern decreasing the last few rows back to the 2dc between fpdc. I also must crochet a LOT looser than the pattern creator as if I had followed the pattern the hat would have been HUGE! I may try it with a smaller hook sometime, but like my J hook :hook

Still standing still. It continues chilly here. Even had snow yesterday down to 1,000 feet. I am really reluctant to run my furnace in APRIL (for goodness sake!) and it is hard to crochet when my nose and hands are cold (last night in the 30˚s). And I won't even start on the rain. February has lasted just long enough - thank you El Niña! What I would give for even a short string of sunny days with temps above 58˚!

Enough whining.

So happy being on the dry side of the Cascades! I believe the coast got more rain in a 5 day period since the 1950's, at least up in the Seattle area. That according to a friend of mine who lives over there.

I managed to resist the yarn sirens this week

:think:think :eek THAT's what was calling!??? I need ear plugs..

:rofl

I refuse to post my scores until at least after I'm done crocheting tonight... :crocheting

I rolled some yarn into balls, so that's 3 points on the plus size.

And a friend gave me six skeins of yarn this morning, and I didn't keep any of it. Gave it to my friends at my knitting group. No change in score there.

I'm finishing up a skein, but will have to hit HL tomorrow for another since I don't have enough to finish the turtle. If I don't get it tomorrow I'll have to wait until Monday with a 2 legged turtle in my house. :lol

I'm finishing up a skein, but will have to hit HL tomorrow for another since I don't have enough to finish the turtle. If I don't get it tomorrow I'll have to wait until Monday with a 2 legged turtle in my house. :lol

go shopping! the skeins are calling you. they want to go home with you. "come save me, come buy me, come pick me up".

go shopping! the skeins are calling you. they want to go home with you. "come save me, come buy me, come pick me up".

:lol By the time I get home, then shower (don't want to go out smelling like turtle poo, dead fish and who knows what)...But I'm craving a steak, so I'll have dh take me out to dinner and yarn... :lol

Managed to get through 2 skeins this week. Going to be very glad when we can finally get my folks moved into assisted living and then I can be home to actually play with some yarn from time to time.

WTD +4

Won't have much crochet time today. Heading to the beach with me book and a big bottle of water. Time to relax and get away from it all.

WTD +8

Archived