2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

This ghan earned me +11 so far this week....and cost me -6! Not quite finished and I know I'll use up at least 2-3 more points finishing it. Need to whipstitch the strips together then put on the border.

This is the Big D Ghan that I'm making for dad-in-law. Modified color block flannelghan-style. 2-strand Caron Simply Soft. Solid black background. the D is made with alternating solid orange (mango) and orange/white squares.

post-44633-135897641195_thumb.jpg

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I had to buy a skein of white. Couldn't believe I had no white yarn! :lol WTD -1 (used a ball up last night)

:turtle:vheart

You could have come and shopped in my yarn drawers. I have plenty of white and off white.

This ghan earned me +11 so far this week....and cost me -6! Not quite finished and I know I'll use up at least 2-3 more points finishing it. Need to whipstitch the strips together then put on the border.

This is the Big D Ghan that I'm making for dad-in-law. Modified color block flannelghan-style. 2-strand Caron Simply Soft. Solid black background. the D is made with alternating solid orange (mango) and orange/white squares.

This is so cool!

You could have come and shopped in my yarn drawers. I have plenty of white and off white.

If I came and shopped at your house you would get the gold this week and I would get shoot the moon! :rofl

If I came and shopped at your house you would get the gold this week and I would get shoot the moon! :rofl

That was my intention. Once again, you saw right thru me. :ha :ha

Ordered three skeins of yarn from Patternworks. Used up a skein already on an afghan I am making, so I'm only down 4 points so far. And it's only Tuesday.

:manyheart

I just love to see everyone's projects. I know you probably show them off in other areas of the 'ville but I love seeing them here too.

I made the cutest bag last week with my stash. I wish I would have taken a pic of it. It was a smaller "purse" for a little one that takes her dsi everywhere so one side had a pocket for her dsi in a padded case and the other had a wider pocket that would hold her cases (4 of them, each case holding 4 games), and then had a bit of spare room for a few extra stylus. When I gave it to her, her face just lit up! She loved it. That was the best! There wasn't a pattern for it, I made it up as I went along.

would you believe, while leaving Barnes and Noble this evening, my 11 year old son looked at me and said "you should go to hobby lobby - you went all week without going there. you should treat yourself"

LOL

would you believe, while leaving Barnes and Noble this evening, my 11 year old son looked at me and said "you should go to hobby lobby - you went all week without going there. you should treat yourself"

LOL

and did you give him a big hug and a kiss and say "thank you dear..I think I will do just that". :lol:lol:lol I certainly would have!

LOL

You've raised a caring, thoughtful son. Good job mom :cheer:clap So....how many skeins did you end up bringing home with you?

and did you give him a big hug and a kiss and say "thank you dear..I think I will do just that". :lol:lol:lol I certainly would have!

You've raised a caring, thoughtful son. Good job mom :cheer:clap So....how many skeins did you end up bringing home with you?

As tempting as it was, I had to remind myself he was ONLY talking about not shopping at Hobby Lobby all week. A couple days ago I had come home with 5 balls of this glorious wool blend (50% off because the color was discontinued) and a hank of some wonderful yarn that I couldn't resist and have no idea what it was.... all from the LYS. HEHEHEHE

And I have a feeling he wanted to go there because HL is the only place that carries triop eggs LOL

LOL

:lol:lol:lol:lol

I received a letter today. It was shocking, and sad. I didn't realize things had gotten this bad. I know the economy has some to do with it, but I just, well, don't know what to think anymore. Has it really gotten that bad? And are we going to sit back or are we going to do something about it?

Here is a copy of the letter:

Dear Shell,

Hello, this is Violet from the National Association of Orphaned Skeins of America (NAOSA). I am writing to you with my concerns about the recent surge in orphaned skeins. All over the United States, skeins are going without cuddles and love. They are being looked over then left on the shelf, backs are turned on them, some are even being shoved behind boxes and forgotten.

Too many of these orphan skeins have been injured in their attempts to attract attention. Broken ply, shredded yarn, tangled knots.

It has come to our attention that you are part of an organization called Stashbusters 2011, whose goal is to use up more yarn than they buy. This is causing an influx of orphaned skeins.

Please, talk with your fellow Stashbusters, show them pictures of orphaned skeins. Show them the damage that is done when they leave the skeins behind. Won't you please help NAOSA in our fight to make sure no skein is left behind?

Thank you for your efforts,

Violet Rose Caron

President and Founder

p.s. Please extend our thanks to Jana (-286), Mona (-253), yarn geek (-384), and all the rest of the Stashbusters who have thought about the orphaned skeins and taken them home. It is people like them who help keep our cause going.

I received a letter today. It was shocking, and sad. I didn't realize things had gotten this bad. I know the economy has some to do with it, but I just, well, don't know what to think anymore. Has it really gotten that bad? And are we going to sit back or are we going to do something about it?

Dear Shell,

Hello, this is Violet from the National Association of Orphaned Skeins of America (NAOSA). I am writing to you with my concerns about the recent surge in orphaned skeins. All over the United States, skeins are going without cuddles and love. They are being looked over then left on the shelf, backs are turned on them, some are even being shoved behind boxes and forgotten.

Too many of these orphan skeins have been injured in their attempts to attract attention. Broken ply, shredded yarn, tangled knots.

It has come to our attention that you are part of an organization called Stashbusters 2011, whose goal is to use up more yarn than they buy. This is causing an influx of orphaned skeins.

Please, talk with your fellow Stashbusters, show them pictures of orphaned skeins. Show them the damage that is done when they leave the skeins behind. Won't you please help NAOSA in our fight to make sure no skein is left behind?

Violet Rose Caron

President and Founder

p.s. Please extend our thanks to Jana (-286), Mona (-253), yarn geek (-384), and all the rest of the Stashbusters who have thought about the orphaned skeins and taken them home. It is people like them who help keep our cause going.

I for one am going to adopt as many of those skeins as I can fit in my truck! I must do my part!

Dear Shell,

Violet Rose Caron

President and Founder

:rofl:rofl:rofl

Dear Shell,

Violet Rose Caron

President and Founder

This just broke my heart... I desperately feel compelled to do my part and bring some of these orphaned skeins home... oh the poor dears!

:(:(:cry:cry:cry:(:(

Dear Shell,

Violet Rose Caron

President and Founder

:sofunny

Gosh. I wish someone would send my husband that letter so that he understands that those poor orphaned skeins need to come home with me from Hobby Lobby. He just doesn't understand.

:manyheart

Always glad to do what little I can for those poor down trodden orphans in need!

Archived