2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I managed to get a bag done & use up 1 1/2 skeins! :clap

WTD -4

I may have finished in the negative this week, but I'll be making a come back next week! No buying next week - only using from my stash! :crocheting

Major stashbusting progress this week. Working hard on 2 afghans...making squares and African flower hexagons every spare moment. Finished another cotton washcloth as well.

Ball used: 12........................Skeins to balls: 4

WTD +16

YTD -131

I'm having lots of yarn fun :)

Way to Bust That Stash!

shannart +16 Gold Medal Winner!!!! :cheer:clap:cheer:clap:cheer

CLLinda +12 Silver Medal Winner!!! :cheer:clap:cheer:clap:cheer

TurtleLvr +9 Bronze Medal Winner!!!! :cheer:clap:cheer:clap:cheer

dragonpuck +8

lhasaapsolady +8

greyhoundgrandma +6

Crafty Witch +2

cshort +2

Ellie 13 +1

yarn_geek +1

Holding Steady!

BigPinkPolkaDot 0

Fiberfolly 0

pineknott 0

More Yarn!

PBLKNP -2

sahm2g1b -4

FrLopLady -7

cris -11

walker1021 -14

TCarra -16

MouseCLP -16

Braxxi -22 Shoot the Moon!!! -Tag, you're it! :devil

If I missed anybody or made any mistakes, please let me know and I'll fix it. :)

Way to Bust That Stash!

shannart +16 Gold Medal Winner!!!! :cheer:clap:cheer:clap:cheer

CLLinda +12 Silver Medal Winner!!! :cheer:clap:cheer:clap:cheer

TurtleLvr +9 Bronze Medal Winner!!!! :cheer:clap:cheer:clap:cheer

dragonpuck +8

lhasaapsolady +8

greyhoundgrandma +6

Crafty Witch +2

cshort +2

Ellie 13 +1

yarn_geek +1

Holding Steady!

BigPinkPolkaDot 0

Fiberfolly 0

pineknott 0

More Yarn!

PBLKNP -2

sahm2g1b -4

FrLopLady -7

cris -11

walker1021 -14

TCarra -16

MouseCLP -16

Braxxi -22 Shoot the Moon!!! -Tag, you're it! :devil

If I missed anybody or made any mistakes, please let me know and I'll fix it. :)

Great job on the scorekeeping. I'm so happy for the Silver Medal!

:manyheart

I'm really excited about the gold :c9 I've not been gold before :lol

I've literally been crocheting or knitting every spare moment this week. Working on everyone's holiday gifts along with charity items.

Also, several things in my life have increased in stress lately, and when I am completely stressed, I pick simple patterns and speed crochet until I relax :yes

I sent 4 dishcloths and 2 face scrubbies down to my mom for her and a new lady in town. She asked me to make them for her welcoming gift. Everyone enjoys their gifts, which makes me happy.

My mom is having surgery tomorrow on her shoulder...she has been unable to move it for months without excruciating pain, so hopefully this will help.

Wishing everyone a fun and yarn-filled week:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn

I'm so in! It's late in the year....but I just discovered you all and I just started my it got colder so I'm in the mood to crochet mood :) How do I add a signature? nevermind the last part. it was in the FAQ :) should have checked there first! I know better :)

I'm so in! It's late in the year....but I just discovered you all and I just started my it got colder so I'm in the mood to crochet mood :) How do I add a signature? nevermind the last part. it was in the FAQ :) should have checked there first! I know better :)

Welcome to the group. I'm putting your name on page #8 on the list.

:manyheart

Welcome to the group :)

:hi Welcome to our little group! :yarn:yarn:yarn

Ugh and YAY :clap I just got 6 skeins of yarn in the mail from Knitting-warehouse.com. I ordered 3 skeins of a discontinued color of simply soft paints for a project I'm doing, and 3 skeins of the Bernat Baby Jaquards that I never see in any stores. Fun time :D.

Enjoy! :manyheart

Been trying really hard to stay focused at night and work on the shawl.

Problem 1 ~ I am using this thing called a pounder. It is never ending.

Problem 2 ~ This cute little dog sits and stares at me until he finally jumps in my lap. Yes, on top of the shawl.

Problem 3 ~ Hubby and I each got new cell phones and we end up playing angry birds to see who can beat who.

Guess my weekly score won't be so great this week. :rofl :rofl :rofl

Been trying really hard to stay focused at night and work on the shawl.

Problem 1 ~ I am using this thing called a pounder. It is never ending.

Problem 2 ~ This cute little dog sits and stares at me until he finally jumps in my lap. Yes, on top of the shawl.

Problem 3 ~ Hubby and I each got new cell phones and we end up playing angry birds to see who can beat who.

Guess my weekly score won't be so great this week. :rofl :rofl :rofl

:lol I btdt on the pounders..have a 1/2 finished project right now...

My little dog does that, but I can cover him up with the project and keep working..after I untangle it all

as for # 3... :lol:lol:lol

I DID finish another skein this morning..working on a shawl with James C Brett bulky marble..boy I love that yarn, but a skein goes a loooong ways.

so far I'm +4 for the week! :cheer:cheerbut all those coupons that are for this week..... :lol:lol :hook

3 skeins of the Bernat Baby Jaquards that I never see in any stores. .

Are you knitting or croqueting with it? If croqueting, what are you making? I bought some at Wal-Mart--couldn't resist the price--but haven't decided what to do with it yet.

Thank you for the warm welcome :) I'm so excited. i was up way to late last night (or should i say this morning lol) anyway, not having money is going to be a good thing...for this anyway. I really need to work on some projects anyway. Soooo ready to see my stash dwindle. I figure I'll start with charities and a few things i started last year and didn't finish when the weather got warm. Thanks again for the warm welcome!!!

Are you knitting or croqueting with it? If croqueting, what are you making? I bought some at Wal-Mart--couldn't resist the price--but haven't decided what to do with it yet.

I will probably knit with it. I am knitting preemie hats for a local NICU unit, although I do occasionally crochet a little hat for the fun of it. I'm not sure how the self patterning will look with it crocheted...

I'm not sure how the self patterning will look with it crocheted...

That's what I realized after I had bought it and the reason I haven't gotten around to trying anything yet. I think the color is "Easter Basket".

Thanks Sue...my mom's surgery went well, she now has to be in a brace for at least 6 weeks. I will be flying out to see her, dad, boyfriend, and fur kids for Thanksgiving. I wish so much I could be there for her now, but I do know my dad will take good care of her.

MORE YARN BALLS---YIKES :laughroll

Nothing to add to my numbers (I think...tell me if I'm wrong), but I'm finally opening and reorganizing the stuff I had in storage. I found an entire box of yarn balls I had forgotten about!!!

I've been working hard on 3 different projects for using "scraps" to reduce the number of yarn balls I seem to have growing out of thin air....and here is another whole box of them. :rofl

Archived