deborah norville yarn

teapot

I was just looking at a afghan pattern on the premier yarn site. What is a good substitution for deborah norville soft yarn.

They rate the the yarn at a 4 or medium.

The pattern I would like to try is the snowball throw.

Has anyone used the Deborah Norville yarns? I am tempted to try them, but would like to hear from someone who has already used some. I have the chain fringe shawl pattern from the premier yarn site that will be my next project but will be using some yarn from my stash for it..

You can substitute any 4 weight yarn for it. There is lots of soft stuff from ILTY from Hobby Lobby to Red Heart soft yarn and lots of other choices.

I've not used a lot of the Norville yarn. Just don't find it around here

I would try the Vanna's choice, because it's on sale at Michael's for $2.49 each this weekend.

I hope you find the right stuff you need and make the wonderful afghan.

:manyheart

• 4 weeks later...

I am currently using DN Everyday Yarn in worsted weight for knitted scarves and hats. I love its softness and how well it is knitting up. I am using two of their "printed" (self-striping) yarns and the colors are beautifully chosen and very attractive. I did notice that Oak Moss colorway is a slightly thinner yarn than Winding River or the plain cream I've also used. These yarns claim to be anti-pilling. Every item I've made so far is going to someone else but there will be some of the cream left for me. I hope it lives up to its name because I do like this yarn. Very nice, as acrylic goes.

ETA: I should also add that the price is not outrageous. Yes, it is more expensive than Red Heart (what isn't?) but it is a reasonably inexpensive yarn for all that. At Joann's it ran under $4 for roughly 200 yards.

I actually just finished a scarf using the Serenity chunky weight. It's very nice to work with!

The price was definitely reasonable on the chunky...I got mine on sale at JoAnn's for 2/$5.

I have used the chunky yarn for a scarf for my oldest dd and loved working with it can't wait to make her hat and a scarf and hat for my younger dd. I haven't worked with any of her other yarn but was just looking at the premier website and i want to try something with it all LOL

UPDATE ON DN: I just finished the second scarf and hat set for a little grandson. The third skein I used for the hat, and at one point the colors lost the patterning. It was all the same set of colors but instead of the black stripe which should have come next there was grey. For his hat it wasn't going to really matter since it was knitted in the round and, as it turned out, the off-patterned section will be hidden under the turned-up brim. However, if you were trying to match fronts and backs for a sweater or something, you would be in big trouble. (And I was glad I hadn't unknowingly picked up that skein for his scarf since it would have showed up.)

I also had a color issue with the other hat/scarf set but I am uncertain if that one is my fault or the manufacturer's. In this case the gold stripe was much brighter in one skein than in the other two. I remember attempting to get the same dyelot but by the time I found the problem, I no longer had the ballbands to compare if the problem was with them or with me. :( I had to reknit more than half the scarf because the colors didn't match. Then I used the off-color skein for the hat which could be done with a single skein for a fraternal set rather than identical.

These were both in their Prints line of colors in Everyday Worsted.

I used Deborah Norville yarn to make a scarf & wristers for my mom's Christmas present. I liked them a lot, it felt huggably soft :) The reason I used that I used this yarn was because it was on sale. I usually use I Love This Yarn or I Love This Cotton from Hobby Lobby (mainly because it's usually cheaper & feels soft). I try to avoid using RHSS because it feels like sandpaper on my hands, plus I Love Thsi Yarn brand is usually about the same price as RHSS. Oh, I got some yarn for Christmas (Impeccable from Michael's) and it was really soft, too.

Archived