scarf CAL anyone?

ducky73

I finished another Surreybelle scarf and started another scarf in this pattern tonight http://www.crochetme.com/media/p/89470.aspx

I'll get pics up tomorrow after work of the Surreybelle scarf.

Marisa- Good luck with the mittens. I like what you've chosen.

Heather- forgot to comment- I really like those cabled scarves you've made- and think they look neat in the varigeted!!

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all, Forgot to post pics of the second Surreybelle Scarf I did- Its done in the new Caron Simply Soft Chunky Yarn (which isnt really chunky IMO, but is really nice to work with- and has a nice sheen) I picked up a bag of mill ends at ACM to try it out!

The Shelley scarf that I'm working on now is so EASY! And I love how "fancy" it looks!!!

post-27163-135897577232_thumb.jpg

Joanne - I love the shiny appearance of the caron ss. I agree, I checked out that chunky in the store and did think it was very chunky, but I think I like it as a regular yarn since it's a little thicker than the regular, which feels more like a sport weight to me :think But I love how soft it is and how all their colors give that shiny appeal to it :yes

Heather- forgot to comment- I really like those cabled scarves you've made- and think they look neat in the varigeted!!

Thanks...I think I'm done with scarves for now - with the exception of my knitted one (which I haven't even picked up in a couple days :blush) I am making it for my mom, and while I was talking to her on the phone the other day we got talking about winter & clothing, etc. and she starts saying how she has an abundance of hats & scarves, and how she's all set & ready for the snow (doesn't need a thing!) - The only reason I'm knitting this scarf is because I thought she needed one and I know she loves knitted cables. I'm sure when I send it she will be appreciative, and she'll wear it, but it kind of took a little of my motivation away...

Thanks...I think I'm done with scarves for now - with the exception of my knitted one (which I haven't even picked up in a couple days :blush) I am making it for my mom, and while I was talking to her on the phone the other day we got talking about winter & clothing, etc. and she starts saying how she has an abundance of hats & scarves, and how she's all set & ready for the snow (doesn't need a thing!) - The only reason I'm knitting this scarf is because I thought she needed one and I know she loves knitted cables. I'm sure when I send it she will be appreciative, and she'll wear it, but it kind of took a little of my motivation away...

Sorry to hear your losing your mojo because it's something your mom doesn't NEED :hug Instead, let it give you extra motivation to make it the best and favorite one she has!!! :yes And esp being made with a lot of TLC, it will be her most cherished!!! :hug

Thanks for the pep talk Marisa...you're right - I need to just pick it up, and not put it down till it's done. I keep getting side tracked with crochet projects that I want to do...it's so easy to put my knitting on the back burner because I don't really enjoy doing it...plus, I am only at the half way point on the scarf - my mom likes them LONG...

Thanks for the pep talk Marisa...you're right - I need to just pick it up, and not put it down till it's done. I keep getting side tracked with crochet projects that I want to do...it's so easy to put my knitting on the back burner because I don't really enjoy doing it...plus, I am only at the half way point on the scarf - my mom likes them LONG...

Well at least your at the half way point, so it's all downhill from here :yes I also have a project going right now that I just don't enjoy doing, but I do want the finished product. So, a friend in another thread gave me the idea to set a timer and commit to working on it for that length of time and then reward with working on something more fun :D I haven't tried it yet, but when I get back to my ghans after getting these 2 hat, scarf, and mitten sets done...I sure am going to do it like that. I think it was a great idea :yes Maybe it will work for you too :think

Here are the scarfs I made last week... wont have any more made till I get mynew hooks, but I had time to weave in all my ends today!

These 2 are a weird thin wool I had, no wrappers so i dont know what it is, but I paired one with a strand of a dark blue acrylic and one with a strand of light blue acrylic...

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q202/003boyer003/Picture023.jpg

These 2 are both red fun fur, the skinny one is real thin, with a hole in it so you can weave it through instead of wrapping around, and the other is paired with a burnt orange color, and is double starnded...

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q202/003boyer003/Picture022.jpg

THis one is purple carigated and very skinny yarn, dont know what it is... but it was very stretchy and oh so soft

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q202/003boyer003/Picture021.jpg

This one I have 2 links to cause I just dont think the first picture does the colors justice... but its 4 rows of white, then 4 rows of this prown and blue var fun fur, and its by far my favorite. I finished this one and started a second one with the remainder but I lost it...anyways here it is:

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q202/003boyer003/Picture019.jpg

and to show u the brightness of the colors:

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q202/003boyer003/Picture018.jpg

Hope you like them I know its alot of links. :lol

I posted that I wanted to join in a couple of weeks ago, but didn't post any scarves. Well, here is my first one. I still want to do a few more different patterns, but here's what I've got done so far. Lovely Cowlette, it's posted here at Crochetville in the free pattern links.

Archived