scarf CAL anyone?

ducky73

yeah that would do it...i made a lapghan recently for a friend of mine with CP...it's in the afghan show and tell...

she is one of my heroes...

all right i have finished one scarf. this is that vegas yarn...i used the pattern http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2110815/free_pattern_one_skein_scarf_to_crochet.html?cat=24

very easy fast pattern...

I would like to join this CAL. I have never made a scarf before, so I took a look at the ones you are all making, and I figured this would be a good beginner scarf to try out. Thanks for sharing the pattern link! :)

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

heather....im on the mend but its just gonna be awhile......im sitting here figuring out how to go out tonight in the drizzlin rain since dr said no shoe on that foot :think

was lurking round the slipper CAL and i think i may have found a solution to my problem. i saw a link that had family slippers on it! problem for now yarn is at store and im here LOL i may have to resort to a hospital sock

Speaking of rain...you wouldn't believe the amount of rain we've been getting here! It came down so hard & long yesterday that water was flowing across our back yard like a river. Couldn't even see the road - it was completely underwater. This morning there are so many frogs out it's like one of the plagues of Egypt!

heather...im blaming th erain on my sister who lives in lakeland i think it is....she always blames their rain on me LOL

and about my rain dilemma yesterday......still no yarn

but i found an old slightly larger than what i wear pair of closed clogs and put one on that foot until i can get the slippers done. that may be ages though because i have made up my mind I HAVE to get finished what i started before my yarn breeds!!!

Here is the scarf I finished yesterday from this pattern. I made the hat from this pattern. I think this will make a nice set for my SIL (I wont tell her it is from a men's beanie pattern ;) )

I am looking for my next scarf pattern, but I only have homespun yarn left...anyone know of a good free pattern? :think

post-40552-135897573127_thumb.jpg

What a nice set, Cheryl...I'm not sure about a pattern for the homespun - have you browsed through cpc or ravelry lately? I LOVE homespun, but just can't work with it...

As for the scarf that I am working on, well... I was knitting along, had put on about 6 rows, and then I noticed a mistake about 8 rows back...FIGURES! :frog

Thanks for the comments :)

Heather- I feel your pain with the frogging...I fortunately only had to frog one row of my scarf to fix a mistake, but still it is never fun.

Glenda- Your scarf looks so pretty and soft! Looks wonderful :)

Cheryl and Melissa, your scarves are beautiful!

Here is one I am working on for my DD, she pick up the yarrn at Tuesday Morning. It is so soft it is like holding silk.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/glendamathews/IMG_2119.jpg

that's lovely...what yarn is it? have you tried patons bamboo silk?

well girls...im kinda back.....

my foot/ankle is doing well. i spent about 90% of weekend sleeping what i thought was "a bug" off.....it wasnt a bug!

suffice it to say im a tad sluggish today.

I still haven't been able to start on my scarves.......I sit at work and think to myself...."ahhh...tonight...I'm going to crochet!!"....and look forward for my day to come to an end so I can go home, crash on the couch....get all nice and comfy...and crochet. :manyheart

But. :think

It never turns out like that. :blush

I get home....make dinner....do the homework thing....get the kids school stuff ready for the next day, their clothes....and then....crash.....on the couch.....to tired to crochet. :yawn

I hate that. :angry

How's everyone else coming along? :hook

Archived