scarf CAL anyone?

ducky73

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just wondering...how long do you all usually make a scarf? I am thinking long enough to wrap around the neck a couple of times, and hang down a bit in front/back...do any of you have a length that seems to work good for you? Or have you had feedback about the length of scarves that you have given to others?

if anybody is interested i know of a way to make fringe without the fray.............

its simple

slip stitch into the first stitch

*crochet double the amount of chain stitches youd like the actual fringe to be and slip stitch into the next stitch and repeat*

I just don't like fringe either :(

That's why I did the ends on my scarf the way I did which is the same as what ducky just suggested only I did a chain of 3 so it just gave it a ruffley appearance (probably not a good idea for a guy :think:lol

wow I missed a lot! lol I haven't had time to really get mine started yet. I have the first few rows and I was going to change to red (osu buckeyes!) because I'm making it for a huge OSU fan but she hasn't shown up to work in three days and she had mentioned quitting because she's back with her husband and doesn't need to work and has an oh well attitude at work lol comming in late and what not love her to death but I don't want to add the red for some reason till I know she's comming back! I never did get her number or anything. So if she doesn't come back I was just going to go with all Grey.

if anybody is interested i know of a way to make fringe without the fray.............

its simple

slip stitch into the first stitch

*crochet double the amount of chain stitches youd like the actual fringe to be and slip stitch into the next stitch and repeat*

That's a great idea! Although sometimes I fray them on purpose. =-]:hook

Here are a couple I made last year. I have an excuse to post them now lol

post-33123-135897571449_thumb.jpg

post-33123-135897571451_thumb.jpg

post-33123-135897571452_thumb.jpg

Oh I didn't see this thread until tonight but I did make 3 scarves over the weekend. Two for daughter and one for me. I used a free pattern on line from about.crochet.com with Caron Simply Soft & an H hook. It's dc's with a V stitch pattern thats repeated over 15 rows. :D

post-37433-135897571488_thumb.jpg

Oh I didn't see this thread until tonight but I did make 3 scarves over the weekend. Two for daughter and one for me. I used a free pattern on line from about.crochet.com with Caron Simply Soft & an H hook. It's dc's with a V stitch pattern thats repeated over 15 rows. :D

Beautiful!

That's an intresting pattern! They look great & thank for shareing where you got the pattern.

I like to make mine about 4ft long, so its long enough, but not too long. The scarf I want to make is the Mermaid Scarf. Here's the link. Caron SS has new colors I saw at the store, peach and a terra cotta/salmon color. I may do the scarf in one of them.

http://www.knittingdaily.com/media/p/13984.aspx

Thanks for the link...that's really pretty!

Very nice work both of you, Melissa and Merri :D

I'm starting to work on 2 childrens scarves and decided on the girl's first, which will be in bright pink and bright green to match her dance studio colors. If she's 7 yo and somewhat petite, what is a good length for her?

Archived