Socks, Socks and More Socks

dobermama

While I was in my shell, I was crocheting. Here are some photos of some of the socks I've made. Some of them are from Karen's (KRW) patterns and others from magazines or books I have. I LOVE making socks!

post-25113-135897568479_thumb.jpg

post-25113-135897568482_thumb.jpg

post-25113-135897568476_thumb.jpg

You have been busy Toni! Look at the variety, they are great. Did you treat yourself to a new pair of slip ons to wear with all of your socks?

I love socks and love sock yarn more! :manyheart

I love your socks and the yarn you used too!!!

I tried making them once and had such a hard time with sock yarn. One day I will go back and try them again. I will use a thicker yarn so I can understand the pattern and see the stitch.

Maybe then I will have slippers instead of socks - either way will be fine with me :cheer:cheer

All of my sock yarn was bought on sale or given as gifts. I have a drawer full of sock yarn.

I also use sport weight, prefer Patons Astra, to make socks. The 2nd pair on top, reds, pinks, yellow was in Crochet November 2008 and was the first pair I made. Figured I'd use some not so expensive yarn to try the first pair. I was hooked and ventured out into sock yarn and just am addicted to making socks! :lol

Love your socks. I just have not had the nerve to attempt to make socks. But just in case I get my nerve up I have some sock crochet patterns in my vast collection of crochet patterns. So maybe someday real soon. In the meantime I will enjoy looking at your socks. Your work is absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

• 1 month later...

Thanks everyone!

Looking for a pair of clogs to wear them with this winter. And Karen, the only reason I have 10 pair to show off, it's to hot in the summer here to wear them so they are all washed up and in the drawer awaiting winter :lol

Archived